= = FS: Omega DPK - Ebony, ivory, and silver = =

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Esoteric Cues is pleased to offer this stunning ebony, ivory and silver Omega for sale.

If you recall from one previous sale, we have recently acquired a small number of original, unfinished, Omega cues, and we're making just a few available as finished cues.

Esoteric Cues, just outside of Chicago, is the home of master cue maker Ray Hernandez, who was the very last cue maker to work at Omega before they closed the shop for good. For the last several years, Esoteric has been making custom cues with the Omega engineering, techniques, and even the same 3/8x14 truncated pin and parabolic shaft taper passed on to Omega from Kersenbrock and Bender in their time with the shop.

This cue is an original Omega blank that was made 15-20 years ago and was stashed away in someone's closet for all that time. This is one of our BEST, and it has never been chalked or hit.

• Original Omega DPK ebony butt
  • 5 classic ebony points with two maple veneers each
  • 30 stitch silver ring work in all positions
  • Ivory inlays in each point
  • 2 parabolic tapered shafts with inserts and non-ivory ferrules
  • 19.4 oz

This cue is currently being auctioned. See the link at the top of the post, and thanks for looking.
Mr H

theomegaDPKcues014.jpg

theomegaDPKcues001.jpg

theomegaDPKcues006.jpg

theomegaDPKcues039.jpg

Last edited:

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
nice cue but i find the title to be misleading. i understand that it's an omega dpk forearm but i dont think it should be declared as an omega dpk in the title. i was expecting to see an original omega dpk cue but then i find out it's been completed by someone else. it's like a palmer cue with a szamboti forearm, u wouldnt make a thread with a title that calls it a szamboti and nothing else. the cue is very nice and i dont mean any disrespect but the title is very misleading, considering 2 other cuemakers have worked on it.

PunchOut

addicted
Silver Member
Rating - 95.3%
41   2   0
nice cue but i find the title to be misleading. i understand that it's an omega dpk forearm but i dont think it should be declared as an omega dpk in the title. i was expecting to see an original omega dpk cue but then i find out it's been completed by someone else. it's like a palmer cue with a szamboti forearm, u wouldnt make a thread with a title that calls it a szamboti and nothing else. the cue is very nice and i dont mean any disrespect but the title is very misleading, considering 2 other cuemakers have worked on it.

i totally agree....

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
It's not just a forearm. The entire butt was complete with the exception of the pin, and the clear coat. I'm certainly not trying to mislead anyone, which is why I posted the detail about Darrin Hill doing this finish work in the item description. You simply can't fit alot of detail in a title...
Mr H

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I've received several inqueries about this cue so I thought that I would try to clarify a little better. As posted in a recent thread, we were recently lucky enough to buy several original, unfinished, Omega cues from a man who's Father had passed away and left them to him. These were nearly finished butts, not just components. See pic below.

The guy brought them to us because I make cues with the last cue maker out of Omega, named Ray Hernandez. Our 3 man shop now builds custom cues under the name Esoteric Cues. We did not assemble these butts in any way. They were made by Omega 15-20 years ago, and were purchased completed just the way you see them below, fully assembled with all points, ring work, joint and butt collars, and even some with ivory inlays. All they need is a pin, a wrap, and a clear coat. We have gone through the time and expense of having the original pin recreated to absolute original specs because, coming from Omega, Ray insists on using that pin and nothing else. We also use the same parabolic shaft taper that Ray learned from his time working at Omega, and we even build our shafts on a special tablesaw/lathe machine that was introduced by Kersenbrock, just as Omega did.

We wanted to finish just a couple of these to make them available in time for SBE, but we simlpy didn't have the time in our schedule to complete them in time. So we asked our good friend Darrin Hill to help us out with the finish and wrap work. Darrin is a close friend of the shop, and we know that his work is superb.

We were very lucky to obtain these original, unfinished Omegas, and we'll be making some of them available now and then. However, this cue is certainly one of the best of the bunch, with silver stich rings and ivory inlays into ebony.

I think I caused some confusion by calling the Omegas "blanks" and I just wanted to clarify that we (Esoteric) did not build or assemble this cue. I think that most AZ'ers know that I am an honest person, and I am trying to be completely up front with what I am offering here, however I would appreciate if we could avoid any type of debate in this For Sale thread.
Thank you.
Mr H

21d6ef8a.jpg

Last edited:

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've received several inqueries about this cue so I thought that I would try to clarify a little better. As posted in a recent thread, we were recently lucky enough to buy several original, unfinished, Omega cues from a man who's Father had passed away and left them to him. These were nearly finished butts, not just components. See pic below.

The guy brought them to us because I make cues with the last cue maker out of Omega, named Ray Hernandez. Our 3 man shop now builds custom cues under the name Esoteric Cues. We did not assemble these butts in any way. They were made by Omega 15-20 years ago, and were purchased completed just the way you see them below, fully assembled with all points, ring work, joint and butt collars, and even some with ivory inlays. All they need is a pin, a wrap, and a clear coat. We have gone through the time and expense of having the original pin recreated to absolute original specs because, coming from Omega, Ray insists on using that pin and nothing else. We also use the same parabolic shaft taper that Ray learned from his time working at Omega, and we even build our shafts on a special tablesaw/lathe machine that was introduced by Kersenbrock, just as Omega did.

We wanted to finish just a couple of these to make them available in time for SBE, but we simlpy didn't have the time in our schedule to complete them in time. So we asked our good friend Darrin Hill to help us out with the finish and wrap work. Darrin is a close friend of the shop, and we know that his work is superb.

We were very lucky to obtain these original, unfinished Omegas, and we'll be making some of them available now and then. However, this cue is certainly one of the best of the bunch, with silver stich rings and ivory inlays into ebony.

I think I caused some confusion by calling the Omegas "blanks" and I just wanted to clarify that we (Esoteric) did not build or assemble this cue. I think that most AZ'ers know that I am an honest person, and I am trying to be completely up front with what I am offering here, however I would appreciate if we could avoid any type of debate in this For Sale thread.
Thank you.
Mr H

21d6ef8a.jpg
Well Said Mr. Hoppe!!!! Thanks, Rick Geschrey