2010 ACUI Intercollegiate 9-Ball Championship

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
I thought I'd throw a thread up now that all of the qualifiers are said and done with. From what I've gathered so far, there's a good chance that the tournament will be held at the University of Michigan. As of last weekend, they were the only college to offer their union to hold the thing. Also, ACUI will not be held in conjunction with Junior Nationals as it has been in the past.

Does anyone know about other students who have qualified for Nationals so far? The region-to-region results are a bit hard to come by.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. The results are kind of easy to find. :p

DOUBLE EDIT: The tournament will be hosted by the University of Michigan, date TBD.

Last edited:

kungpow7788

Nice. Do you happen to know where the Nationals are going to be held? Also, where did you find the region-by-region results!? I searched, but to no avail : [

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
Nice. Do you happen to know where the Nationals are going to be held? Also, where did you find the region-by-region results!? I searched, but to no avail : [

So far, all signs are pointing at UMich, but other colleges have until the end of this week to apply to host the tournament. And the best I could do as far as results come from each of the regions' ACUI sites. Here's what I found, listing the people invited to the tournament:

Region 3 - Southeast Pennsylvania, New York City and Long Island, Delaware, and New Jersey

1st - Ryan Gilligan - The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
2nd - Gregory Blasdel - University of Delaware

Region 4 - Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Northern Virginia, Washington, DC

1st - Hamilton Yim - University of Maryland – Baltimore County
2nd - Grant Moller - University of Maryland
3rd - David Stanley - University of Maryland – Baltimore County

Region 6 - Alabama, Bermuda, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico

1st - Raymond Linares - Miami Dade College

Region 8 - Wisconsin, Upper Peninsula Michigan, Chicago

1st - Jonathan Strzezewski - Wright College

Region 10 - Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Manitoba, Western Ontario

1st - Mike Meier - North Dakota State University
2nd - Jesse Hill - University of Minnesota - Twin Cities

Region 12 - Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Mexico

1st - William Hill – University of Texas – Tyler
2nd - Charles Crouch – University of Houston
3rd - Alejandro Zuniga – Texas A&M International University
4th - William Chan – University of Texas – Arlington
5th - Evan Chen – University of Houston
6th - Le Nguyen – University of Houston
7th - Bisente “B.J.” Mendez Jr. – Sam Houston State University

Last edited:

WINTHEDAY14

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ACUI usually holds theirs at the same place where the BEF junior nationals are held, which is Northern Illinois University this year.

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
The ACUI usually holds theirs at the same place where the BEF junior nationals are held, which is Northern Illinois University this year.

And in my original post, I said that ACUI and BEF Junior Nationals will not be held at the same venue. BEF will be at NIU, but the ACUI venue is still TBD.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
My buddy Raymond Linares won the regional event held in Orlando. Not sure if the Sam Gilmer info is correct for region 6 bc I know Ray snapped it off and I thought he beat a UF player to do so in the finals.

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
My buddy Raymond Linares won the regional event held in Orlando. Not sure if the Sam Gilmer info is correct for region 6 bc I know Ray snapped it off and I thought he beat a UF player to do so in the finals.

You're probably right. A lot of the results I got were from last year's qualifiers, so those results may have been mislabeled as this year's.

McKinneyMiner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played ACUI a couple of times in the late 80's, early 90's when it was still 8-ball...

Man, I wish we could have played 9-ball...!!

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Ill take a lil sweat bet on my buddy Ray to snap it off this year. Ill take him against the rest of the field betting 40 to win 50 if anyone wants action on this.