Leave it to the Brits - The All-In-One Pool Table that Provides Its Own Lighting

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like that lighting is going to do more harm than good. At least it looks that way from the pics...interesting though.

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Hmmm, interesting. Biggest problems I see are the LEDs will out last the pockets and Real King Cobra might have to teach a class on electronics. :grin:

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking and shooting into a light source is an absolutely horrible idea. :eek:

I'll second that. If I leave the garage door open at my dad's when I shoot there, and I have to look toward the sun while I shoot, it's a NIGHTMARE. I can't even imagine what it would be like having the light concentrated and pointing straight back at me like on this table.

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Looking and shooting into a light source is an absolutely horrible idea. :eek:

Not necessarily, it's LED lighting ...kind of like looking at the lights on your computer. But you're right it's not a good idea. Without additional overhead lighting you'd go blind trying to see in the dark areas.
:cool: <me blind! lol

Guess this invention gets a FAIL.

Qstix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not the greatest design, if it were me I would have made it an even glow. Seems like the higher intesnity lights arround the pockets would be distracting.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Not necessarily, it's LED lighting ...kind of like looking at the lights on your computer. But you're right it's not a good idea. Without additional overhead lighting you'd go blind trying to see in the dark areas.
:cool: <me blind! lol

Guess this invention gets a FAIL.

My new light rig for filming pool is LED. It's the equivalent of 1000w. Try looking into that while playing. :p

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should call it the Retina Burn..2010 glare edition. I can't picture that being good to play on.

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The title of this thread should be changed to: Leave it to the Brits - Reminding Us Why We Buy American Made Products :p

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just had a thought. Would this product lend itself to the aiming system talked about in the following thread???.......http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=199008

I think this thing would need a whole other system invented plus you might need to wear eye protection if you get down low on the shot.

The overhead light reflection aiming works fairly well on a good accurate setup but that does require some kind of overhead lighting. I think this thing seems kinda gimmicky. Some English products are great but I don't think this is one of them especially if you're a serious shooter. I like that the balls I shoot disappear into darkness when pocketed. On this table it's like all made shots get to go to heaven. At least this line could be used in a game against your opponent, " stay away from the light!".

Georgia Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's terrible, as it is, just like that glass pool table I have seen.

However it's an interesting concept that maybe in a few years and with a bit more thought and development could progress intio something. I'm not sure what it might develop into though! Lets face it Billiard and Snooker Tables haven't really come all that far in 100 years, someone was bound to do something stupid to them soon.

Oh dam* did it have to be British? As an EX Brit I am totally ashamed and can only say in their defence, it's not as bad as the one at the link below, at least it kinda looks like a Pool Table :sorry:

http://www.trendhunter.com/photos/41264/5#1

Philthepockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
brings a whole new meaning the the term sewer.

http://www.johnny-light.com/
toiletani3.gif

Last edited: