PRO ONE DVD: Answering Questions

dareads

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reminder about the glossary, gotta make sure and take a look at that when I get home later.

pablocruz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think people get confused with things like "How do I sight two lines at the same time" or "How do you see two lines that aren't parallel?"

Fact is--- geometrically speaking the CTEL and edge to B are parallel, but perceptually speaking--- none of these lines are parallel and who cares.

Depending on the distance, you still must move your eyes off the CTEL to get an edge-to-B visual because the OB is smaller than the CB. Check out the attached image.

Start from the CTEL (eye positioning) and from that point move your head/eyes left or right until you get the proper edge-to-target alignment. You always need to start from the CTEL in order to enable to get the correct "view" of the CB disc. If you're off a little bit because you skipped the CTEL and jumped straight to the target alignment, you'll have a different 180 degree view of the CB disc (or CAN have, at least).

Once you have the correct view of the CB, slide in the visual face of the CB -- along a line that's perpendicular to the face of the CB with your 1/2 tip offset.

When you do this, you're locked onto the CTEL vector and the edge-to-target vector. Sighting two lines concurrently is a much stronger visual aid than relying on 1 line. Helps eliminate MANY illusions. Anyways, I'll explain this in a lot more detail when I'm at my table. Will do something SAT afternoon and post info here.

Dave

p.s.

When cutting left, I'm using my left eye to acquire the inside edge to A/B alignment--- when cutting right I'm using my right eye to get the B/C alignment. Without getting into dominant eye battles, if you feel as though you might have somewhat of a stronger dominant eye-- you need to do this.

Dave.....Are you doing anything today regarding CTE/Pro-One? P.M. sent!!

Redneck Jim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grid Layout

For anyone wanting a grid layout that you can print out & diagram different shots, this is what I whipped up for my use.
To copy it, right click on the image and select Save Picture As... then take it from there.

CTE Grid.jpg

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
If u think that helps you or is important knowing your cue has crossed the ctel great! as for me its meaningless information, im just saying :) and i have been right about all the info i have posted on here :)

FYI Champ. Cookie knows the system as do I. Way before the DVD
And I will give you a little more food for thought... You don't have to use a half tip pivot.
I have the DVD but I don't use a half tip pivot. Cookie paid for personal lessons with Stan
so I would not take any information from him lightly

Last edited:

champ2107

Banned
FYI Champ. Cookie knows the system as do I. Way before the DVD
And I will give you a little more food for thought... You don't have to use a half tip pivot.
I have the DVD but I don't use a half tip pivot. Cookie paid for personal lessons with Stan
so I would not take any information from him lightly

Thats good for him and yourself. I find it strange then for him to ask me the question he did if he experienced with the system.

I will give you a lillte food for thought :) read post 80, i covered the dont have to use a pivot :)

Well i didnt have to pay anyone to teach me this system :) so what does that tell you and it sounds like he might need an update lesson.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Thats good for him and yourself. I find it strange then for him to ask me the question he did if he experienced with the system.

I will give you a lillte food for thought :) read post 80, i covered the dont have to use a pivot :)

Well i didnt have to pay anyone to teach me this system :) so what does that tell you and it sounds like he might need an update lesson.

You got the 8

pablocruz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone should just go to the table and practice! Practice by trial and error! Start with half table thick cuts just as the DVD! It starts with easy shots and gradually through the DVD the shots get longer and the angles get thinner! It is a visual system! Your not gonna see it if you aren't at the table!! Just my 2 cents

pip9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just want to thank Dave for the stream yesterday, several of my questions were cleared up....now to put some time in!

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I asked you the question because your info wasn't coming across clear and when spidey and i pointed it out you became a smartass. Glad you didn't have to pay for any lessons but for the record I didn't have to either. I was in from the beginning as spidey and mostly Stan were developing it. I knew it very well and I also knew the hard work and many hours that Stan put into this. it was my decision to go to Kentucky and meet Stan and take his course(glad I did). I also bought the dvd out of all the respect I have for Stan. If you believe I need an update than you are quite wrong again. You should accept that people can correct you, its ok, the goal is for the info to be put out there correctly.

champ2107

Banned
I asked you the question because your info wasn't coming across clear and when spidey and i pointed it out you became a smartass. Glad you didn't have to pay for any lessons but for the record I didn't have to either. I was in from the beginning as spidey and mostly Stan were developing it. I knew it very well and I also knew the hard work and many hours that Stan put into this. it was my decision to go to Kentucky and meet Stan and take his course(glad I did). I also bought the dvd out of all the respect I have for Stan. If you believe I need an update than you are quite wrong again. You should accept that people can correct you, its ok, the goal is for the info to be put out there correctly.

cookie man, i felt you were being a smart ass with me and thats why i posted "who gives a shit". As for the rest petey decided to toss in his opinion in a smart ass kinda way also and i decided to be one also and if he would have left it alone there wouldnt have been the post you just quoted:)

Can you explain in terms i may understand (keep it as basic as possible) as to where your cue is lined up before you pivot? the side of your cue tip is lined up with the vertical axis of the cue ball and then that imaginary line continues to the edge of the object ball, is this correct or am i visualizing that im on that sight line, but in reality i am not? is the reference taking me off that line and repositioning me for the pivot, so now my cue is no longer lined up with the ctel, is this what you guys are trying to explain to me?

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cookie man, i felt you were being a smart ass with me and thats why i posted "who gives a shit". As for the rest petey decided to toss in his opinion in a smart ass kinda way also and i decided to be one also and if he would have left it alone there wouldnt have been the post you just quoted:)

Can you explain in terms i may understand (keep it as basic as possible) as to where your cue is lined up before you pivot? the side of your cue tip is lined up with the vertical axis of the cue ball and then that imaginary line continues to the edge of the object ball, is this correct or am i visualizing that im on that sight line, but in reality i am not?

I am posting this because i think we may have confused people now.

Before pivot your cue is one half tip left or right of the ctel, then pivoting to center q ball is where the angled cue across the ctel comes from. This creates the angle to make the ball. Your description sounds like your always shooting half ball shots unless i'm reading it wrong.

champ2107

Banned
Before pivot your cue is one half tip left or right of the ctel, then pivoting to center q ball is where the angled cue across the ctel comes from. This creates the angle to make the ball. Your description sounds like your always shooting half ball shots unless i'm reading it wrong.

i added some stuff while you were posting lol but dont worry about it. ok i see where your coming from cookie and i understand now :)

Dead Crab

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This does not address his question. If the tip of the cue is offset as you describe, where is the long axis of the cue aligned relative to the two reference lines?

Please don't say, "you just fall onto the line."

After seeing the video a couple of times myself, the positioning of the cue is elusive, and is absolutely critical to the method.