FYI, Kamui Chalk up to $28.00 on Ebay

Joel Chue

Billiard Enthusiast, custom cue & memorbilia
Silver Member
you have to be kidding

:grin::grin::grin::grin::confused::confused::confused:Cmon on people 50.00 for a friggen peice of chalk? absolutely no chalk is worth that much.. I agree The people making the chalk are bidding on it. If not somebody is not in the right state of mind.....How many times does a pool player that takes care of their tips and chalks each time they shoot,actually miscue.? :confused:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
No kidding. I miscue maybe once a week if I'm playing every day. I'm sure it's my fault when it happens too, not the chalk's. Anyone bidding on that snake oil deserves to lose their money. They probably bid on magic beans too.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Wow it's up to $46 now (well $48 if you include shipping). I am speechless. Here I was yesterday ordering some billiards toys and just couldn't bite on the $31 cue clip instead opting for the book on Cornbread Red and a Kamui tan tip along with the other things I got. Meanwhile a couple people are outbidding tooth and nail to get their hands on a magical piece of chalk.

phread59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OOps 46 beaners now!!!!!! Holy crap Batman. Some people are just out of their skulls.. What next 100,000$ Yugo's.

Mark Shuman

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
It's really hard for me to believe that anybody could be so stupid as to pay $46 or more for a piece of chalk. So, what's this all about? What's going on here, what is the motive? Is the bidding being run up by distributors or other Kamui flunkies who are trying to make people think that $25 for chalk is a good buy and maybe the chalk can be resold at a profit? Lots of luck with that. Or is the bidding being run up by somebody who wants to analyze a piece and forge copies? Or is a pool player really this stupid? Or does somebody just want a piece of this chalk no matter what the cost? I don't get it. :confused:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd never bid on this item and actually am losing all interest in E Bay itself. The bidders could be cousins, or anyone else for that matter, so shill bidding could possibly be going on here. That could be said about almost all E Bay items these days. Since you have NO idea who is bidding against you its a crap shoot. Most of E bay is just a store anyway with the majority of items not even being an auction now. IMO E Bay really is not even an auction site anymore so the bidding on this item does not surprise me at all, and in all likelihood be a one time thing. Any subsequent pieces of Kamui chalk will never get to this price point.
JMO!!!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
....anybody thought, that maybe somebody with a vested interest in Kamui products, rigged the bidding on this? We're going to start paying this kind of money for chalk now, yeah right!

Bingo. Of course it's shill's bidding it up. The oldest sales con there is. Johnnyt

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
People pay 50 bucks for single chalk cubes every day, maybe it's someone who wants to try it out or maybe they just want to add it to their collection. What do you care about what they do with their money? They earned it and can spend it on whatever they want. It's easy to call someone a "sucker" because they don't see the value in the same things as you... I personally find it had to believe that people spend thousands of dollars a year on cigarettes when all they do is make you smell like shlt and give you lung cancer but I don't go around calling them suckers. If a person wants something, can afford it, and it makes them happy they should buy it. Who are we to judge?

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Bingo. Of course it's shill's bidding it up. The oldest sales con there is. Johnnyt

If it is they put a lot of effort into it, I counted like 10 different bidders all with a decent amount of feedback. :cool:

This chalk sold out at 25 bucks a cube, why is it so hard to believe that it's going for this much on Ebay when it's the only cube available for sale anywhere?

Again they SOLD OUT of it... do they really need to con people?

Here's an idea: Someone actually wants it.

Powerlifter

Rat in a cage
Silver Member
If it is they put a lot of effort into it, I counted like 10 different bidders all with a decent amount of feedback. :cool:

This chalk sold out at 25 bucks a cube, why is it so hard to believe that it's going for this much on Ebay when it's the only cube available for sale anywhere?

Again they SOLD OUT of it... do they really need to con people?

Here's an idea: Someone actually wants it.

Funny thing is if this was made by a famous custom cuemaker instead of kamui,then people would be nuthuggin strong. People are just mad they don't want to pay the price,but want to see what it's about. If you really don't care,then you really don't care.

I know a lot of people that spent a lot more then 50 bucks on pool related items that did nothing for them who didn't complain at all.

Gsitz89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The winning bid was $48 thats so rediculous plus the $2 for shipping. People are CRAZY!!!