Cuemaker vs. Cue Builder

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I can't believe this thread went this far with people actually debating the difference. Buyers don't care what you call yourself. They care about how good your cue is.

Arnot Wadsworth

Senior Cuemaker
Silver Member
I can't believe this thread went this far with people actually debating the difference. Buyers don't care what you call yourself. They care about how good your cue is.

I see why you took offense -- you call yourself qbuilder. I was not trying to offend anyone.

Last edited:

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have used both interchangeably. I think I have even said both "happy cuemaking" and "happy cuebuilding" to people. I don't consider them different, and never considered I might be insulting someone by wishing them success in their cuebuilding.

Kelly

cuemaker03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can also add in cue assembler, which to me means you assemble other peoples parts. Still very close to cuemaking and cuebuilding. Of course no one seems too eager to asssume the cue assembler title even if they are.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I see why you took offense -- you call yourself qbuilder. I was not trying to offend anyone.

I appreciate your concern. But really, I think I must have missed something. Why am I supposed to be offended? You surely don't think I am serious about self appointed titles, do you? Did my first post not express how silly self appointed titles are? And my second post express how amusing & surprising it is to see people actually take it seriously? It's unrealistic. It's fantasy. It can be amusing & funny at times, sometimes even clever. But when it becomes serious then it's just pointless. I assure you none of it is offensive to me. I'm not that petty.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I have used both interchangeably. I think I have even said both "happy cuemaking" and "happy cuebuilding" to people. I don't consider them different, and never considered I might be insulting someone by wishing them success in their cuebuilding.

Kelly

It's not offensive, Kelly. And you shouldn't have to worry about something like that offending people. Nobody buys cues because of the guy's user name on an internet forum. They don't buy or not buy because he calls himself a builder when they prefer a maker. That's retarded.

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
This could turn into one of those "politically correct" discussions, hopefully not. Other wise we could start being referred to as "cue designer" lol. I turn wood into useable well playing cues call it what you want, though I like maker personally. And I've been called a variety of things along lifes way ! lol

To design and to construct are totally different skills. A cuemaker might not ever need to design a cue, depending on who he works for or with.

Being able to do both is a blessing.

Lexicologist71

Rabid Schuler fanatic
Silver Member
How about aspiring cuemaker? Or maybe wooden cone maker? I've made dozens of those. One of these days I'll graduate to cue maker. Cue builder? To me, that insinuates a dependence on prefabricated parts. That's only my definition and it's only worth the paper it's printed on. This IS paper, right. Anyway, it's really a matter of splitting hairs. 5.9 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Last edited: