!0 Ball ghost with Bowling score .

racefornine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone give me a link to the site , if there is one , of the rules , scoresheets etc. Thank you .

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Whats the highest score you have got playing this. I think I'll put it in my practice routine to give 14.1 a rest for a few days if I can remember in the morning...nevermind, I wrote it down. Johnnyt

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Anyone have a link for free software that will keep score?

Any bowling score sheet would work. I'm sure they are available for download, just like brackets are.

If you don't want to keep score manually, here are some downloads:

Here's one I found on CNet (Free 5 day trial, $7 to buy):

http://download.cnet.com/Bowling-Score-Calculator/3000-2130_4-10875404.html

Here's a couple of free downloads on Excel:

http://kyle.iufer.com/2008/05/excel-bowling-score-calculator.html

http://exceltemplate.net/sports/bowling-score-sheet/

Last edited:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Whats the highest score you have got playing this. I think I'll put it in my practice routine to give 14.1 a rest for a few days if I can remember in the morning...nevermind, I wrote it down. Johnnyt

You know, I've never done this. I'll have to give it a try too, and we can compare notes. I'm guessing 200+ should be pretty easy keeping in mind that Bowlliards is not played like 10 Ball but more like straight pool. Shooting in rotation is not required. Obviously, shooting rotation would bring the scores down considerably.

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
You know, I've never done this. I'll have to give it a try too, and we can compare notes. I'm guessing 200+ should be pretty easy keeping in mind that Billiards is not played like 10 Ball but more like straight pool. Shooting in rotation is not required. Obviously, shooting rotation would bring the scores down considerably.

I'll try it in the morning if it's not too humid out. Pretyy hard to compare my scores on a 7' and others on a 9', although mine has the extended Ridgebacks back on making 4" pockets. Johnnyt

Correction:I had on the 4 1/2" pocket Ridgebacks. I have 4 sets of different rails for it and change them often. I was wondering how I scored so high with 4" pockets. Mind is really going. Golden years my ass.

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
My Scores

188, 216, and 248 on BB with 4 1/2" Ridgebacks.
I try to NOT make a ball on the break. Having to spot one or two balls causes a cluster around the spot. It's like a penalty for making a ball or two on the break. Other than that it's a fun game. Johnnyt

Last edited:

racefornine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you

Thank you for the link . Is this the same game featured on the Tar stream . I had no audio when Hatch shot 170 in 6 frames . I thought it was played in rotation , with the ball rotating by 1 each rack .

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
188, 216, and 248 om BB with all 6 pockets 4" .
I try to NOT make a ball on the break. Having to spot one or two balls causes a cluster around the spot. It's like a penalty for making a ball or two on the break. Other than that it's a fun game. Johnnyt

Johnny, that's strong. I won't be able to get to the table until this weekend, I'm stuck working.

Just to be clear on how you played, you started with BIH behind the head string after the break?

BTW, this could be a good way to shoot pool when you've got more than a couple of guys over.

Thank you for the link . Is this the same game featured on the Tar stream . I had no audio when Hatch shot 170 in 6 frames . I thought it was played in rotation , with the ball rotating by 1 each rack .

Maybe that's the way it was being played, I don't know. I don't see any reason why you couldn't play it rotation. But the rules of "Bowlliards" per se is not a rotation game.

Last edited:

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
I remember my highest was around 130-140 with 10-ball rotation. This was done almost 1 year ago or so. 'X' is either from potting the 9 on the break or a break and run. I've never attempted to play the game as like in straight pool, but it sounds fun!

pooljunkie4ever

Grab Life by the BALL!
Silver Member
If it's like pool300.com, you play the ghost 10ball, if you run out it's a strike,
if you don't, you count the ball you ran with ball in hand, than, if you run the rest, you get a spare. On the second attempt, you don't have run the balls in
rotation. Also, it's not really the ghost, on your BIH shot, you can hit any ball, as long as you pocket the lowest number ball.
Great pratice game. Got an ap on my android for scoring. :thumbup:
Scored a 190

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Johnny, that's strong. I won't be able to get to the table until this weekend, I'm stuck working.

Just to be clear on how you played, you started with BIH behind the head string after the break?

BTW, this could be a good way to shoot pool when you've got more than a couple of guys over.

Maybe that's the way it was being played, I don't know. I don't see any reason why you couldn't play it rotation. But the rules of "Bowlliards" per se is not a rotation game.

Yes, I I started with BIH in the kitchen. Johnnyt

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
If it's like pool300.com, you play the ghost 10ball, if you run out it's a strike,
if you don't, you count the ball you ran with ball in hand, than, if you run the rest, you get a spare. On the second attempt, you don't have run the balls in
rotation. Also, it's not really the ghost, on your BIH shot, you can hit any ball, as long as you pocket the lowest number ball.
Scored a 190

None of the balls are run in rotation in this. Johnnyt

Jerry Forsyth

Pool 300 is similar to Bowlliards with refinements that make it more interesting. There are even leagues for this game. You can check it out at: http://www.pool300.com/

One of the great things about this form is it allows you to track your progress and know your skill level as compared to others.

JCMn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Android app for Pool300 Scoring?

What's the Android App?

Scored a 190

pooljunkie4ever

Grab Life by the BALL!
Silver Member
None of the balls are run in rotation in this. Johnnyt

These are the rules from Pool300.com website:

POOL 300TM is a points game where each object ball counts one point. Rack ten balls according to the appropriate pattern on the score sheet. The player is allowed two tries to pocket (run) all ten balls.

During the first try (inning), the balls must be pocketed in numerical order.During the second inning, the balls may be pocketed in any order.

Break from behind the head string. All balls pocketed count and remain down unless a scratch or any other foul occurs, in which case the pocketed object balls are spotted.

First Inning * After the break, take ball in hand anywhere on the table to start the first inning. Pocket the balls in numerical order. It is not necessary to hit the lowest number balls first, but the lowest number must be pocketed. Failure to pocket the lowest number ball or any foul ends the inning. If all ten balls are run (pocketed), the score is a strike and that player¹s frame in finished. If fewer than ten balls are run then record the number legally pocketed, and begin the second inning. If the inning ends on a scratch or foul, then any object ball pocketed on the foul shot must be spotted before scoring the first inning and before beginning the second inning.

Second Inning * Take ball in hand again and pocket (run) the remaining balls in any order. If the remaining balls are run the score is a spare. If not,then record the number of balls legally pocketed in the second inning.

Scoring * Strikes count ten points plus a bonus of the next two innings. Spares count ten points plus a bonus of the next single inning. If a player does not pocket all ten balls in two innings, the frame score is simply the total number of balls pocket in both innings. In the final frame, if the player scores a strike (first inning), he or she gets two additional innings to score as many points as possible. If the player scores a spare she or he gets one additional inning. Scoring is identical to bowling.