Allen Hopkins Charity Pool Event - Sept 17

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
*EDIT* Please notice the new flier for this charity event. I'd like to send out a warm THANK YOU to CSI and the BCA POOL LEAGUE for stepping up and help sponsor this great charity event. Please also notice the charity target. We found a GREAT charity to sponsor with this event.

The York, PA Elks Lodge will be hosting a charity pool exhibition featuring Allen Hopkins on September 17, 2011 (Saturday). 100% of all proceeds will be donated to HABITAT FOR HUMANITY - VETERAN MORTGAGE PROGRAM. This charity raises money to provide 0% mortgages for deserving veterans and their families. You can read about this charity here.

For all regional pool players, you won't want to miss this evening. It'll be jam-packed with top-notch pool, raffles, 50/50 drawings, road stories, instructionals (situational stuff) and overall great fun.

The York Elks Lodge features a beautiful facility with excellent food and a full bar.

I hope everyone in the area (York, Hanover, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Allentown, Philly or Baltimore) comes out and supports this great charity event!

hopkinsbca.jpg

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Where can we send donations to help? I would like to show my support for what Allen is doing.

BPOE No. 213
223 N George St
York, PA 17401-1107

Make sure you put "Hopkins Charity Pool Event" on the check memo so they know what it's for.

You're the man, Jamison!
Dave

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do they have any shopping malls in York? I might drop off my partner and let him sow his oats at the Elks while I shop. York is a hop, skip, and a jump from us, and I adore the drive through PA. Beautiful State! :cool:

We went to a Moose Club in PA that was absolutely cool for pool. Those private clubs are fun and very economical on the pocketbook when it comes to the brewskies and eats. That would be a nice weekend jaunt. :p

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Do they have any shopping malls in York? I might drop off my partner and let him sow his oats at the Elks while I shop. York is a hop, skip, and a jump from us, and I adore the drive through PA. Beautiful State! :cool:

We went to a Moose Club in PA that was absolutely cool for pool. Those private clubs are fun and very economical on the pocketbook when it comes to the brewskies and eats. That would be a nice weekend jaunt. :p

JAM, seriously, you gotta drop him off. Allen, Shadow and I will take GOOD care of him. Come up on Friday and stay through Sunday. We'll make sure you're well-shopped.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM, seriously, you gotta drop him off. Allen, Shadow and I will take GOOD care of him. Come up on Friday and stay through Sunday. We'll make sure you're well-shopped.

I'm not sure who Shadow is, but I know Allen and you are good peeps, so that's okay by me. :smile:

This is definitely a good day trip for us, so I'm making my calendar now. I already showed it to Keith, and he enjoys that part of PA. We used to go to tournament at Diamond's in Lancaster, and the drive is very scenic and pleasant. :cool:

I can drop him off and go shopping, one of my favorite things to do. :p

duker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hokins Charity

The York, PA Elks Lodge will be hosting a charity pool exhibition featuring Allen Hopkins on September 17, 2011 (Saturday). 100% of all proceeds will be donated to charity.

For all regional pool players, you won't want to miss this evening. It'll be jam-packed with top-notch pool, raffles, 50/50 drawings, road stories, instructionals (situational stuff) and overall great fun.

The York Elks Lodge features a beautiful facility with excellent food and a full bar.

I hope everyone in the area (York, Hanover, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Allentown, Philly or Baltimore) comes out and supports this great charity event!

azbhopkins.jpg

Hi Dave, I've already donated 2 cues and did an Exhibition match with the Cuban Player on April 29th at the Elks at no cost to them. I am still going to work with you and Harry to make this happen. I am also going to give away Free Pool Lessons to people at the challenge part of the event, donating for free all the Pool Lessons that are needed. I think it will work like this ( not finalized yet ) : most likely a rack of 8-Ball, and everyone that beats Hopkins will get 1 free hour of Pool Lesson personally from myself, again this will cost the club nothing. I look forward to help bring Pool back to the great city of York and for helping the Elks Club with their great Charity work they do. They always donate 100 % of the money to Charity, without any money taken out for expenses or other. .................... Duke...................Dukes-Q-Stop..............

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Hi Dave, I've already donated 2 cues and did an Exhibition match with the Cuban Player on April 29th at the Elks at no cost to them. I am still going to work with you and Harry to make this happen. I am also going to give away Free Pool Lessons to people at the challenge part of the event, donating for free all the Pool Lessons that are needed. I think it will work like this ( not finalized yet ) : most likely a rack of 8-Ball, and everyone that beats Hopkins will get 1 free hour of Pool Lesson personally from myself, again this will cost the club nothing. I look forward to help bring Pool back to the great city of York and for helping the Elks Club with their great Charity work they do. They always donate 100 % of the money to Charity, without any money taken out for expenses or other. .................... Duke...................Dukes-Q-Stop..............

Duke - you're a huge value to the Elks and York-pool in general. Harry is supposed to talk to you about the event--- there's tons of stuff to do. Will call you later today to discuss-

Dave

phread59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if I can make it. Too far in advance for me. My life has been week to week lately. Is there going to be any oppertunitys for a low level player to play some? I'd probably head down if I could get a few matches in. Play some people that I have never met. Might be a good thing then. Let me know here if this can be done.

Mark Shuman

Who lives an hour or so north of York. (Shamokin)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Bump for a month-out heads-up.

This will be a great time, folks. Can't beat a night with one of the best all-around players of his era.... not to mention a stone cold gambler.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
BUMP!

Please everyone re-look at the first page of this thread. This event has been sponsored by CSI and the BCA POOL LEAGUE. I wanted to take a moment to THANK (that's for you, JoeyA) Mark Griffin and David Vandenberghe for stepping up to sponsor this charity event.

All charity details are now listed in the first post as an edit.

Please come out and help support this great event! It'll be a guaranteed good time and it will support a very worthwhile cause.

Sincerely,
Dave

drpjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cant wait .......little golf then dinner then a great show by one of the best ever 14.1 players !!!:thumbup: