Bank Pool Illinois

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Red Shoes Billiards will be sponsoring a Bank Pool Tournament Saturday October 1st, 2011. Sign-up 12:00 PM (noon). $50 Entry Fee (green fee included), $500 Added Money (based on a full field), Double Elimination (full rack-race to 23 balls-both sides). Contact: John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards 12009 S. Pulaski Rd. Alsip, Illinois 60803 (tel.708-388-3700) or website: redshoesbilliards.com This tournament will be "LIVE STREAMED" and there will be a ***CALCUTTA***

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
I'll be there...

....with bells on my shoes. I will probably play and do commentary. Show up, you might learn something.

Beard

...if you tune in to the streaming you can see if you can out-guess the Beard for the right shot.

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Great championship format

This will be the great, professional 23 ball, full rack format. The real test of bank prowess.

Beard

sde

Silver Member
Will Angel Be There?

It has been asked by a few people if Angel will be at Red Shoes for the Bank Tourney.

I think she has a budding fan club! :D

For those who do not know Angel, she can be seen in this short clip that was captured between matches at the recent Red Shoes One Pocket Tourney.

For those how are impatient she first comes on camera at the 3 minute mark.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17059993

Steve

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Freddy, can you explain who that format works, kinda curious !! tks.

I am not a banker, but I think they just keep playing until one guy gets to 23.

Not sure how they work the breaks.

So the game should be over within three full racks, maybe less.

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A "race to 23 balls" works like this....flip for break, winner breaks, ALL the balls are played out in the first rack (instead of starting a new rack when a player gets 8). The player pocketing the last (15th) ball in the first rack gets to break the following rack (opening BANK POOL breaking rules apply). Same for the second rack (played completely out. By the conclusion of the 3rd rack...one player has to have "23". If they get to the 4th rack....somebody screwed up (can't happen).

sde

Silver Member
A "race to 23 balls" works like this....flip for break, winner breaks, ALL the balls are played out in the first rack (instead of starting a new rack when a player gets 8). The player pocketing the last (15th) ball in the first rack gets to break the following rack (opening BANK POOL breaking rules apply). Same for the second rack (played completely out. By the conclusion of the 3rd rack...one player has to have "23". If they get to the 4th rack....somebody screwed up (can't happen).

Thanks John.

Will you also explain for those of who don't know, the rules for the opening break for banks.

Steve

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another question:

How can we get Angel more 'TV' time. She appears to have a very bubbly, positive persona in addition to good looks. Maybe she could do some interviews of players or commentators....or whomever. She seems to not be aware of how attractive she is....and that's a great attribute.

Streaming this banks event will be a real treat for pool fans....too.

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The opening break in "Bank Pool". Any of the 15 object balls can be struck first, 2 (TWO) balls must hit a rail after contact. ALSO...I will check with "Angel" to see if her schedule will permit an "appearance".

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The opening break in "Bank Pool". Any of the 15 object balls can be struck first, 2 (TWO) balls must hit a rail after contact. ALSO...I will check with "Angel" to see if her schedule will permit an "appearance".

Is the cue ball included as one of the two balls?

kybill9

Banned
....with bells on my shoes. I will probably play and do commentary. Show up, you might learn something.

Beard

...if you tune in to the streaming you can see if you can out-guess the Beard for the right shot.

Oh the right shot stuff again. My straight backs are so strong I will fire them in 23 times before you can blink. Bob Bolles taught me. Ju ever play him? Ran around with some one called da bear or sumting. Your Liberal antagonist, :D:DKENTUCKY.:D:D

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Yeah, well...

Oh the right shot stuff again. My straight backs are so strong I will fire them in 23 times before you can blink. Bob Bolles taught me. Ju ever play him? Ran around with some one called da bear or sumting. Your Liberal antagonist, :D:DKENTUCKY.:D:D

...you can fly your ass in from Liberaceville and play us Chicago boys some bumps. Bob Bowles? He has probably been dead for 40 years.:smile:
You can get played, Billy Boy.

Beard
I like your AZ screen name much better. A KY boy, the Marine, Dakota Meyer, just received the Medal of Honor. :thumbup:

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea...Alex sorry you can not be there, yes it will be "streamed". Say "hey" to your lovely wife from me and my lovely wife (I threw the "lovely" part in just in case your old lady or my old lady read this stuff!!...only kidding girls!)