bye bye ustream.tv, justin.tv & livestream.tv? Can we do it?

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
ahhhh... tvmike. Now it's all making sense

you may want to spell high definition correctly for the general populace on your "demo"

CaliRed - willing to help in my own small way, one corrected word at a time, thwart the notion where fascism and tyranny had degraded the perspective of billiards over the last 20 years, and plunge us into new perspective under a keen and watchful public eye.

I must admit I watched a little of that last night, saw a guy or two who played a little better than me and a stream with a camera fixed on a table, which I've seen done better before, lit better, with better players and sometimes multiple views. To me, it looked like the first one or two TAR broadcasts, way back in the stone ages of streaming.

But I guess what you see is just part of the experience and hopefully soon the yoke of tyranny will lift off my shoulders, for which I will be thankful.

Thanks

Kevin

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
Does this napa even have a web site? I only get the napa auto parts site.

Written by Zach Goldsmith, co-founder, OnSitePool.com Productions
Zach is also a league operator in Columbus, Ohio (Central Ohio NAPA)
Licensed by the North American Poolshooters Association, (NAPA)
http://www.napaohio.com; http://www.napaleagues.com

Edited by Jason Cobble, co-founder, OnSitePool.com Productions
Jason is a licensed Unix Administrator and owns uniXplatform Networks
Special thanks in Jason’s efforts making this a reality.

I guess reading is not your forte. And yes, in this world, several acronyms do and will reference more than one thing.

Zach.

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
ahhhh... tvmike. Now it's all making sense

What the heck is wrong with TvMike?

Oh wait.. He's been tried and convicted already.

you may want to spell high definition correctly for the general populace on your "demo"

Yeah. As powerful as Photoshop is, you'd think it would have a spellchecker.

CaliRed - willing to help in my own small way, one corrected word at a time, thwart the notion where fascism and tyranny had degraded the perspective of billiards over the last 20 years, and plunge us into new perspective under a keen and watchful public eye.

"thwart the notion" - to rid misunderstanding
"fascism and tyranny" - a group/nation with unwanted goals contradictory to popular vote
"plunge" - to bet or speculate recklessly
"perspective" - the state of one's ideas
"keen" - animated by or showing strong feeling or desire

I'd hope all the other words are elementary. But I think the marriage of those words could warrant quote worthiness. :)

Thanks Calired.. This thread may become more interesting.

Zach

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
I can't believe I have read the whole thing.:p

The Hunt for Red October reference made me tear up from laughter.:thumbup:

Continue chasing the roadrunner....

It is unfortunate that many who want to post here, post their ideas, post and passionate ideas, have to resort to such measures to keep the kids out. I think it has helped.

Zach.

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
I must admit I watched a little of that last night, saw a guy or two who played a little better than me and a stream with a camera fixed on a table, which I've seen done better before, lit better, with better players and sometimes multiple views. To me, it looked like the first one or two TAR broadcasts, way back in the stone ages of streaming.

Thanks Kevin for watching the OnSitePool.com network. At OnSitePool we don't ban, ridicule, discriminate against individual streamers or broadcasters based on their broadcasting experience, quality of broadcast, physiological profiles, and environments of the sites.

If the TvMike.tv crew wants to continue to broadcast in High Definition in the future for free, they will have to attract the viewers to offset the cost of doing so.

OnSitePool is a network with neutral properties, in which existing streamers (of any qualify) and new potential streamers can enjoy the rewards of, no foreign ads, no pop-ups, billiard themed site content, and the ability to broadcast at high bandwidth at no cost to the streamer.

If you want to attack the principals of streaming, go start your own thread please.

But I guess what you see is just part of the experience and hopefully soon the yoke of tyranny will lift off my shoulders, for which I will be thankful.

Thanks

Kevin

That is a great statement!

Thanks.

Zach.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Thanks Kevin for watching the OnSitePool.com network. At OnSitePool we don't ban, ridicule, discriminate against individual streamers or broadcasters based on their broadcasting experience, quality of broadcast, physiological profiles, and environments of the sites.

If the TvMike.tv crew wants to continue to broadcast in High Definition in the future for free, they will have to attract the viewers to offset the cost of doing so.

OnSitePool is a network with neutral properties, in which existing streamers (of any qualify) and new potential streamers can enjoy the rewards of, no foreign ads, no pop-ups, billiard themed site content, and the ability to broadcast at high bandwidth at no cost to the streamer.

If you want to attack the principals of streaming, go start your own thread please.

That is a great statement!

Thanks.

Zach.

Zach

Pool is a pretty small world. You are the expert on streaming so maybe you know better, but it seems to me there are only a handful of people out there providing the content you are looking to transmit. And it seems to me, please correct me if I'm wrong, that you have pretty much from the inception of your announcement, managed to alienate those major content providers in existence today. That sort of leaves you with the TV Mikes of the world doesn't it?

Maybe there's POV Pool and Big Truck left. POV is way active right now.

I can't imagine you didn't know your target providers before you announced, so there must have been some method to your what seemed like madness, mixing it up with the 2 largest providers instead of hunkering down and selling your idea to them.

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
Zach

Pool is a pretty small world. You are the expert on streaming so maybe you know better, but it seems to me there are only a handful of people out there providing the content you are looking to transmit. And it seems to me, please correct me if I'm wrong, that you have pretty much from the inception of your announcement, managed to alienate those major content providers in existence today. That sort of leaves you with the TV Mikes of the world doesn't it?

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin

The pool world is not small by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe your perception deems it small. Maybe the pool world seems so small to you because you don't care about the rest of it, and the rest of the story?

The pool world is actually quite large. Hence the reasoning why our efforts will infiltrate into individual establishments across the world. This will hopefully show much more of the aspect of the game, and not what is just at the end.

To correct you, I don't think I've alienated anything or anybody. If those who can't respect the truth of our efforts, our experience with "the whole picture of billiards", then I'm afraid there's nothing that could be done anyway.

If the "TvMike's" of the world catch a glimpse of something never seen before, catch "the whole picture of billiards", then we've given the TvMike the best available option to do so.

Thank you for your response.

Zach.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Kevin

The pool world is not small by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe your perception deems it small. Maybe the pool world seems so small to you because you don't care about the rest of it, and the rest of the story?

The pool world is actually quite large. Hence the reasoning why our efforts will infiltrate into individual establishments across the world. This will hopefully show much more of the aspect of the game, and not what is just at the end.

To correct you, I don't think I've alienated anything or anybody. If those who can't respect the truth of our efforts, our experience with "the whole picture of billiards", then I'm afraid there's nothing that could be done anyway.

If the "TvMike's" of the world catch a glimpse of something never seen before, catch "the whole picture of billiards", then we've given the TvMike the best available option to do so.

Thank you for your response.

Zach.

Zach

I'm not that clear on what you provide. Seemed to me you want streamers and I watched you (what seemed to me to be) alienate both Lenny and TAR, who, in my small little world view, are two of the largest streaming content providers in pool today. Perhaps there is someone else you are looking to attract and good luck to you there.

However willing I am to try to attribute my lack of understanding of your methods to my own lack of understanding of what you do, I look at this "show much more of the aspect of the game, and not what is just at the end" and just have a little trouble thinking the reason this baffles me as being me. Could you explain please?

Thanks again

Kevin

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
Zach

I'm not that clear on what you provide. Seemed to me you want streamers and I watched you (what seemed to me to be) alienate both Lenny and TAR, who, in my small little world view, are two of the largest streaming content providers in pool today. Perhaps there is someone else you are looking to attract and good luck to you there.

Sure we want streamers, but that won't be 100% of our revenue. It will actually be the least percentage of revenue.

You watched me do what? I don't think the word "alienation" applies here. I think what boils down to the misconception, is the concept itself. The fact that, "I'm sure many of thought of this idea before in some form or fashion", has many in a bunch because someone of "non-prestigious quality" is getting it done. The fact that if it's successful could render current logistics to break down, and the hoarding of all the "so called good content" will become non-existent.

The sponsors will have more data to back their advertising spending. Streamers will be able to produce high quality streams at little or no expense. The public will be able to watch all first broadcasts for free in high quality. Viewers will with have option to pay a ridiculously small monthly fees to review past content in high quality. Streamers content will be protected from harmful copyright and material infringement. Streamers won't have to revert to selling out their content to the devil to make a buck. Viewers will be able to enter pool halls across the world to see matches over cases of beer, $10, $1,000, $10,000. Streamers won't have to worry about foreign advertisements in their flash wrappers. Tournament promoters will have less stress doing 1 off large scale tournaments.

I think the list will go on and on.

However willing I am to try to attribute my lack of understanding of your methods to my own lack of understanding of what you do, I look at this "show much more of the aspect of the game, and not what is just at the end" and just have a little trouble thinking the reason this baffles me as being me. Could you explain please?

Thanks again

Kevin

Obviously, and to all others who I thought read my opening thread, would have come to the realization of what this may mean for the future of billiards as a whole.

Thanks,

Zach.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Sure we want streamers, but that won't be 100% of our revenue. It will actually be the least percentage of revenue.

You watched me do what? I don't think the word "alienation" applies here. I think what boils down to the misconception, is the concept itself. The fact that, "I'm sure many of thought of this idea before in some form or fashion", has many in a bunch because someone of "non-prestigious quality" is getting it done. The fact that if it's successful could render current logistics to break down, and the hoarding of all the "so called good content" will become non-existent.

The sponsors will have more data to back their advertising spending. Streamers will be able to produce high quality streams at little or no expense. The public will be able to watch all first broadcasts for free in high quality. Viewers will with have option to pay a ridiculously small monthly fees to review past content in high quality. Streamers content will be protected from harmful copyright and material infringement. Streamers won't have to revert to selling out their content to the devil to make a buck. Viewers will be able to enter pool halls across the world to see matches over cases of beer, $10, $1,000, $10,000. Streamers won't have to worry about foreign advertisements in their flash wrappers. Tournament promoters will have less stress doing 1 off large scale tournaments.

I think the list will go on and on.

Obviously, and to all others who I thought read my opening thread, would have come to the realization of what this may mean for the future of billiards as a whole.

Thanks,

Zach.

Zack

Yeah, I guess I'm one of those that read your comments and remains unable to see far enough into the future to envision your impact on the world of pool. Anyway, good luck with all of that.

Thanks again

Kevin

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
Good luck with this, honestly if i was you i wouldnt even have posted this here in the first place because most of what your going to get is negativity...just go make this happen and then you can come back here you can say i told you so, half these people dont know what they are talking about when it comes to the streaming business (besides JCIN and Fast lenny) the haters are always here to tell you cant do it or your idea is dumb.

You dont need azbilliards approval or validation, good luck.:thumbup2:

420th post ima celebrate!

Thank you very much. We hope we'll be able to come back and say "told you so".

Zach.

luckwouldhaveit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The promise of your service is increased advertising revenues through consolidation. But, it sounds like you don't have any advertisers right now. With nothing up front, that's a big risk to the people doing the streaming in more ways than one.

Say TAR is already paid directly for advertising, how will it benefit them to hand the keys over to you? Increased revenue in the long term? In other words what is the risk vs reward? If a streamer is making $x/year, what can they expect with your service 1 year out, 5 years?

What's to stop TAR from calling up some other streamers and consolidating their services on a single website without changing their streaming vendors? After all, they already have the branding, services, and client-base (audience and advertisers) established. Wouldn't that lead them in the same direction without the risk of transitioning to a new streaming service? While also allowing them to maintain more control and be more profitable? In plain english - what value do you add?

All in all, interesting idea but my 2 cents is you'd have to give up more to get this off the ground.

cajunfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing there,yet?

I clicked on the link to see what you have to offer. Right now, all I could see is the location of some pool room in Detroit. There was a link for old videos and donations, but that doesn't interest me.

When you get your site figured out, and have a major tournament or action available for streaming, post that as an intro to your business. It will help people decide whether to spend money with you.

Good Luck with your endeavor.

cajunfats

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
I clicked on the link to see what you have to offer. Right now, all I could see is the location of some pool room in Detroit. There was a link for old videos and donations, but that doesn't interest me.

When you get your site figured out, and have a major tournament or action available for streaming, post that as an intro to your business. It will help people decide whether to spend money with you.

Good Luck with your endeavor.

cajunfats

You clicked on a streamers website, which has our embed code for the services we provide. Which right now is a complex chat program based off Internet Relay Chat (IRC), and a flash wrapper to watch content.

www.onsitepool.com will be a consolidation, in due time.

Zach.

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
The promise of your service is increased advertising revenues through consolidation. But, it sounds like you don't have any advertisers right now. With nothing up front, that's a big risk to the people doing the streaming in more ways than one.

Say TAR is already paid directly for advertising, how will it benefit them to hand the keys over to you? Increased revenue in the long term? In other words what is the risk vs reward? If a streamer is making $x/year, what can they expect with your service 1 year out, 5 years?

What's to stop TAR from calling up some other streamers and consolidating their services on a single website without changing their streaming vendors? After all, they already have the branding, services, and client-base (audience and advertisers) established. Wouldn't that lead them in the same direction without the risk of transitioning to a new streaming service? While also allowing them to maintain more control and be more profitable? In plain english - what value do you add?

All in all, interesting idea but my 2 cents is you'd have to give up more to get this off the ground.

You've brought up some serious points that will have to be addressed. That is what contractual agreements are for.

Advertisers will come in due time. If we are successful consolidating many streamers along with other aspects we plan to utilize, advertisers and sponsors will find it overwhelmingly more beneficial. The network will reach far more people. Viewers will not be distracted by foreign ads. It will be focused on the content at hand.

Thanks for your response.

Zach.