bye bye ustream.tv, justin.tv & livestream.tv? Can we do it?

DukeOfAim

Custom User Title
Silver Member
What exactly is in this title that has everyone so bloody disappointed about?

I hope that everyone knows that Justin.tv/Twitch.tv is referring to a live stream site for gamers, and not Justin from TAR, right?

Man the AZB rhetoric has got everyone so tightly wound around here. What gives.

Zach.

Honestly, I was wondering the exact same thing, but now that you made a correlation between Justin.tv and Justin from TAR it makes more sense. Either that or the AZB community is far more attached to ustream.tv, justin.tv and livestream.tv than I ever could have imagined.

Thank you for your response. If I may offer one thought about how you place your advertisements...don't adopt the 15 or 30 second commercial every 15 minutes plan that has been adopted elsewhere. Hopefully it isn't even a consideration for you guys, but it is honestly the worst thing that I have seen done for advertising on a stream. The ads always appear at the absolute worst moments and the footage that you miss...well, you miss it. Horrible!

I went years without an adblock because I understand that the advertisers are the ones that pay to keep streams and sites free. The first time that I watched a stream that had full viewer ads that blocked the content every 15 minutes forced me to finally install an adblock app. They are overly intrusive. I can deal with the 15 or 30 second commercial when I first load the stream, but to cut off my viewing pleasure in a way that may very well make me miss an important piece of the content is not acceptable. As far as I'm concerned they are comparable to pop-up advertising. You get the idea...I hate them.

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
Honestly, I was wondering the exact same thing, but now that you made a correlation between Justin.tv and Justin from TAR it makes more sense. Either that or the AZB community is far more attached to ustream.tv, justin.tv and livestream.tv than I ever could have imagined.

LOL!:grinning-moose:

Thank you for your response. If I may offer one thought about how you place your advertisements...don't adopt the 15 or 30 second commercial every 15 minutes plan that has been adopted elsewhere. Hopefully it isn't even a consideration for you guys, but it is honestly the worst thing that I have seen done for advertising on a stream. The ads always appear at the absolute worst moments and the footage that you miss...well, you miss it. Horrible!

You won't have to worry about flash wrapper ads gearing up right in the middle of a crucial jump shot. :)

Since the onsitepool.com will be nearly 100% geared towards billiards, the site content will contain the bulk of the billiard only advertising. The anchor sponsors content will be cued up on an 'off-air' server which will be remotely controlled by streamers that have that capability. They will then be able to control when those ads come across the main screen.

The benefit of doing this will not alter the original content the server saves when re-broadcast to viewers that have paid for premium membership and their level of membership grants them to view the 'absolutely no ad' recorded streams in High Definition.

So an event would go something like this... 1. Live public high definition stream in full production 2. Recorded Live Stream post-production (for premium users) 3. 300k packaged (bait) full production (for youtube). I don't think I need to say anything more. It's that simple.

I went years without an adblock because I understand that the advertisers are the ones that pay to keep streams and sites free. The first time that I watched a stream that had full viewer ads that blocked the content every 15 minutes forced me to finally install an adblock app. They are overly intrusive. I can deal with the 15 or 30 second commercial when I first load the stream, but to cut off my viewing pleasure in a way that may very well make me miss an important piece of the content is not acceptable. As far as I'm concerned they are comparable to pop-up advertising. You get the idea...I hate them.

That's because the free sites are getting exceptionally better with their product and maximizing profit. That's business.

That is something that onsitepool.com will never resort to, unless I'm voted out or bought out. Of course then I'd have no control.

Thanks again!

Zach.

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
Come on guys -

NOBODY thinks there own baby is ugly.

Zach has some interesting points - many of which have been espoused by such greats as Tony Anngoni, Big Truck, and even our own CMBSWU with "Felt Nation".

In fact, Accu-Stats has made offers to some streamers (MI_Billiards and Live2Ustreams) to do the exact same thing over the past ten years. But that is not relevant here.

I agree somewhat with Calired and 100% with Justin (from TAR - not .tv)

Even IF Zach could get past his rhetoric with the current streaming community he does fail to remember that OUR sponsors are reading this missive also. Even if WE were interested I would bet that Diamond, Simonis, OB Cues and others might find fault with us for "gambling" on an unknown entity with no track record to back up his claims.

His model is simple.

"Here's the kicker. We need a couple of the larger streaming bodies such as TAR, PoolActionTV, InsidePoolTV, GBST, and among others to pony up their sponsorship rights. As a whole, more revenue would be generated. Distribution of the collaborated advertising revenues would be based upon impression and click performance. Just as many large internet conglomerates are doing today. i.e. Google, Yahoo, and Facebook."

Zach has bandwidth costs which he passes on to the streamer.
The streamer's cost is reduced by the revenue generated ascribable to his or her stream.

Revenue's exceed our cost - you stream for free. Costs exceed revenue - streamer pays the difference. As time goes on and more ad revenue is generated more streamers stream for free. No need for Pay-Per-View to cover the streamer's cost. One tiny problem that I see is that Zach has to figure in the ancillary costs ALL professional streamers incur. Usually DWARFS the bandwidth costs (which do decrease on a unit basis the longer we stream). In general, sponsor contributions are only factored in to the streaming bandwidth costs in a small way.

The great thing from my perspetive as a former Certified Fraud Examiner is Zach's willingness to keep track of ALL the revenue generated and the asociated costs and to provide the streamer with a detailed breakdown of his "bill"'

HD - no matter what the server is able to cover, 1000, 750, 500, or 2 if the streamers upload speed from the venue is 300k-400k - HD will be hard to create for the viewer.

But I digress, the great thing that we at AZ will get to see, long after this thread and the diatribes get pushed to page 5, in that Zach and OnSitePool have the perfect beta-tester already lined up with the newly returning TVMike. Comparisons will be able to be run, webpages will POP with sponsorship, and we'll all be eating our words.

I look forward to future streams to see how this all pans out.
But REMEMBER, REMEMBER there is WAY more to streaming an event than streaming. Otherwise it's just a camera or two pointing at a pool table.

Jim
Accu-Stats

Jim. Thanks for a great post.

Zach.

Gmanpoke

Banned
I think it is compared to the rest of whats out there and the resources I have at my disposal but what I think doesnt really matter. Thats why I asked you what you think because I can't fix what people do not like if I do not know what it is.

Perhaps if you would like to tell me what you didnt like I could work to address those concerns in the future.

I sent you a PM.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
No one should be judged first of all.

I get along with just about everyone I personally know. There are few who've posed in this thread that know me personally and would vouch for my credentials, dedication, and experience.

And I surely don't emulate anyone but myself. I've past the childhood trial and error phase.

I think what started everyone walking in with a chip on their shoulder was the thought of justin.tv was a direct referral to Justin with TheActionReport.com. Certainly this was further from the truth.Zach.

If that is true, if this was my thread and it was taken in a bad light because I wasn't clear with respect to my intentions. I would contact the moderators and have the thread removed, then I would start a new one clearly stating my intentions!!

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
If that is true, if this was my thread and it was taken in a bad light because I wasn't clear with respect to my intentions. I would contact the moderators and have the thread removed, then I would start a new one clearly stating my intentions!!

We've had good progress in this thread despite misunderstandings and well documented inferiority.

You'll soon see bits of embed code posted for those that wish to bounce off their streams. This will help us dial in a few things and produce feedback to ultimately gear the site content towards us, "the billiard community", in an respectful atmosphere.

At the end of the day and what we hope to accomplish will guarantee the billiard community an avenue in which will be fair and upfront. It will be a step in the right direction to make high definition streams more affordable for all existing and potential streamers. It may progress into a tool which will thwart the notion where fascism and tyranny had degraded the perspective of billiards over the last 20 years, and plunge us into new perspective under a keen and watchful public eye.

The best of luck to onsitepool.com!

Zach.

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
We've had good progress in this thread despite misunderstandings and well documented inferiority.

You'll soon see bits of embed code posted for those that wish to bounce off their streams. This will help us dial in a few things and produce feedback to ultimately gear the site content towards us, "the billiard community", in an respectful atmosphere.

At the end of the day and what we hope to accomplish will guarantee the billiard community an avenue in which will be fair and upfront. It will be a step in the right direction to make high definition streams more affordable for all existing and potential streamers. It may progress into a tool which will thwart the notion where fascism and tyranny had degraded the perspective of billiards over the last 20 years, and plunge us into new perspective under a keen and watchful public eye.

Zach.

I forgot to mention. Look what AzBilliards has done for the billiard community? It really set an awesome stage for cue makers to interact with the public. We hope onsitepool.com will have this same impact on the technological front of the sport.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll do my best., I thought my English was good in the opening post.. :)

You're technically not giving up anything. We're creating an avenue in which you can consistently broadcast in HD, and buy down the costs based on your performance. Essentially in theory, if the cost to use our services is $647.00 for a 6 hour stream @ 1500k, and your impression and click performance was $1,647.00. We'll credit you $1,000.00. Complete analytic reports will be provided to you and sponsors to ensure no confusion.

Obviously we have to have all the sponsorship leverage for this to happen. That is the largest hurdle we will face in this venture.

In theory, over the long haul, Sponsors will pay less, and streamers will consistently make cash when they broadcast. The key factor is creating a consistent field of measure for both sides. Putting the money in the correct places maximizing benefit.

The only reason, my friend, why those sites are unbeatable, is because we foolishly keep embellishing our content to them. It’s a vicious monopoly.

You're Rbglislpou
We will actually encourage OnSitePool.com streamers to pick their poison site. Except.. The content that is packaged for those will be of significant less quality, branded to entice the eyeballs to come watch it in high definition, or come back and watch an edited version with better stuff. This feature will be on the fly. So no need to repackage. OnSitePool.com will have this neat feature for you at your disposal. YouTube, Facebook, etc. etc. How? Because with ABS, Flash Media Server stores as many variations you tell it in the manifest. You will essentially be able to tell our repackager (but there already packaged) which bitrate you want to send out as bait.

OnSItePool.com will blow anything and everything AudioVideoWeb provides. I promise.

I think you essentially hit the nail on the head. I think “Yes” would be an appropriate answer to your whole paragraph. You would not however, have to give us full rights to your content.

We are not in business to steal content. But in all reality, what's the difference? You are already handing over the content to YouTube & Ustream for that purpose. But we'll keep that a secret.. :)

The only benchmark that is of a streamers concern is the cost of the service. You beat that you're in the black. I guess the sophistication could be limitless based on agreed terms among all streamers who use the service on how to deal with copyrights and material infringement.

We couldn't use sponsorship money to compensate for re-broadcasts. Re-broadcasts have to be more lucrative in the manner that the eyeballs would pay a subscription. Then in theory, burning DVD's and creating box sets would be in the past. The key here is limiting the “event” to a 1 time HD broadcast only and sticking to that principal. With our services this will become a complete reality, but we do not want to tell streamers how to conduct their business.

My opening post was professional. We are serious about this venture. Maybe I should redirect your tense. “I gotta say it looks like a pool guy met an internet guy and ^have a good idea.”

Thank you for your response. A few parts made me chuckle. Hopefully your dark side will leave you, and come stream with us.

Zach.

u kinda sound like Mugsy McGrath from the Gas House Kids-either that or you know esoteric meaning of words that i dont. "Yeah maybe i can get a date with one of those debutramps" At least in post one- i didnt read further.

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
u kinda sound like Mugsy McGrath from the Gas House Kids-either that or you know esoteric meaning of words that i dont. "Yeah maybe i can get a date with one of those debutramps" At least in post one- i didnt read further.

Well, we can say that there's plenty of other stuff to read on AzBilliards. If I had fumbled on a word where it was not the 'best choice' and deemed it esoteric, I apologize.

Zach.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Zach.

Once more, we play our dangerous game, a game of streaming against our old adversary - Ustream. For forty years, your fathers before you and your older brothers played this game and played it well. But today the game is different. We have the advantage.

We will pass through the JustinTV channels, past their annoying ads, and lay off the largest pool website, and listen to their rock and roll... while we conduct streaming drills.

It reminds me of the heady days of Predator and OB Cues when the world trembled at the lack of our deflection. Now they will tremble again - at the distribution of our embed codes.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Once more, we play our dangerous game, a game of streaming against our old adversary - Ustream. For forty years, your fathers before you and your older brothers played this game and played it well. But today the game is different. We have the advantage.

We will pass through the JustinTV channels, past their annoying ads, and lay off the largest pool website, and listen to their rock and roll... while we conduct streaming drills.

It reminds me of the heady days of Predator and OB Cues when the world trembled at the lack of our deflection. Now they will tremble again - at the distribution of our embed codes.

I too rejoice at the prospect of thwarting the notion where fascism and tyranny had degraded the perspective of billiards over the last 20 years

freedom will be so sweet indeed

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
www.tvmike.tv Beta HD Stream, No foreign ads!

Everyone put on your big boy pants.

Tune your web browser to www.tvmike.tv . Join us for a nice chat, and the best quality live billiard stream available anywhere.

We might not have the best players yet, but we should find them soon!

Zach.

Last edited:

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
Everyone put on your big boy pants.

Tune your web browser to www.tvmike.tv . Join us for a nice chat, and the best quality live billiard stream available anywhere.

We might not have the best players yet, but we should soon.

Zach.

Alternatively. If you are so disgusted with fact you can't get up enough urge to enter www.tvmike.tv in your browser..

www.onsitepool.com will get you a nice clean slate to watch.

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member

Bravo! Well said... Well Said. That's good enough to turn that into a Trailer for the onsitepool network! ahhaahha:thumbup:

Zach..

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
Nice, the video quality is impressive.

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are effortlessly working to improve what we already have in place.

Please stay tuned for more progress.

Our official launch date as been set for August 31st, 2012..

Zach.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
If I had fumbled on a word where is was not the 'best choice' and deemed it esoteric, I apologize.

No problem. My side hurts, my head hurts, and I think this thread will be a classic !

Good luck with your business.

Dave <-- an iPad user can't see much on the site ... but don't go bashing me like we bashed smorgasbord for webtv please

Last edited:

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
Alternatively. If you are so disgusted with fact you can't get up enough urge to enter www.tvmike.tv in your browser..

www.onsitepool.com will get you a nice clean slate to watch.

ahhhh... tvmike. Now it's all making sense

you may want to spell high definition correctly for the general populace on your "demo"

CaliRed - willing to help in my own small way, one corrected word at a time, thwart the notion where fascism and tyranny had degraded the perspective of billiards over the last 20 years, and plunge us into new perspective under a keen and watchful public eye.

Last edited:

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't believe I have read the whole thing.:p

The Hunt for Red October reference made me tear up from laughter.:thumbup:

Continue chasing the roadrunner....