ABP Message to Players

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
found this on another site. Not sure if its already posted:

http://www.thepoolscene.com/promotional/benefits-for-players-in-upcoming-abp-pro-events/

October 7, 2012by Association Billiard ProfessionalsChicago, Illinois- The Association of Billiard Professionals will be working on providing its membership more benefits. Each day the ABP is working on bettering the conditions of being a professional player. The ABP is made up of only professional players, so who better to understand the environment at tournaments.

To start, the ABP would like to inform pro players that the the 10 ABP International ranked players will be given a 50% discount off all food and beverages during the Scorpion Cues Johnny Archer Classic in Georgia and the Championship Cloth Pro Classic in Louisiana. The ABP top 16 will also be seeded in each of the events.

“It’s a great idea to give pro players as much benefit and value as possible. These guys earn their positions in professional pool. We all know it’s a grind and every little bit helps”, said Charlie Williams, ABP Board Member. “But we really need to thank the hosts who are being extremely generous to the ABP’s requests. A big thank you to Keith Hulin of Emerald Billiards and Johnny Archer of Marietta Billiard Club, who is leading by example.”

“Giving discounts to our player membership and seeding is just the tip of the iceberg. We plan on doing alot more to help the players. We have to keep our boys out there playing and inspiring future players”, said Johnny Archer, President of the ABP, Hall of Famer, and multi-World Champion.

The current top 16 ABP Pros are:
Mike Dechaine USA
Shane Van Boening USA
Raj Hundal IND
Stevie Moore USA
Dennis Hatch USA
Brandon Shuff USA
Shawn Putnam USA
Corey Deuel USA
Darren Appleton ENG
Mike Davis USA
Dennis Orcollo PHL
Oscar Dominguez USA
Mika Immonen FIN
Jeremy Sossei USA
Rodney Morris USA
Johnny Archer USA

ABP International Pro Rankings will be updated on October 15th after the Scorpion Cues Johnny Archer Classic and on October 22nd after the conclusion of the Championship Cloth Pro Classic.

The ABP is an united assembly of international professional billiard players. The ABP was formed to be the voice of players worldwide in order to assist in tournament and industry challenges. ABP directives include standardizing equipment, rules, ensuring the timely payment of prize money, assisting promoters and sponsors, and the overall protection and security of professional players. The ABP works to improve the sport of billiards and jointly works with associations, promoters, sponsors and players alike in the joint goal of growing the sport and providing security to all involved. Membership of the ABP includes players from Europe, Asia, and the United States. To join and support the ABP, e-mail abppropool@gmail.com. Follow and support ABP at http://www.facebook.com/ABPpros

Rodney Morris, Vice-President of the ABP

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I don't see anything wrong with this press release. I'm all for an association/union/organization that will solidify the professional game, give pro players their due, and bring it to the forefront where it should be. I just strongly disagree with some of their tactics during the ABP's infancy. They're off to a bad start with the general pool-playing public. You cannot form a union and immediately start strong-arming the hands that feed you.

Maniac (hopes it all gets straightened-out eventually)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"...said Charlie Williams, ABP Board Member. “But we really need to thank the hosts who are being extremely generous to the ABP’s requests. A big thank you to Keith Hulin of Emerald Billiards and Johnny Archer of Marietta Billiard Club, who is leading by example.”

“Giving discounts to our player membership and seeding is just the tip of the iceberg. We plan on doing alot more to help the players. We have to keep our boys out there playing and inspiring future players”, said Johnny Archer, President of the ABP, Hall of Famer, and multi-World Champion."

Chaalie learn business power phrase! Leading by example...laughable. He better hope he isn't.

50% food at tour stop...at Johnny's place? This is a joke.

Last edited:

Banks

Banned
Chaalie learn business power phrase! Leading by example...laughable. He better hope he isn't.

50% food at tour stop...at Johnny's place? This is a joke.

Giving themselves discounts and seeding themselves for a better chance at multiple money spots..

As for the 50% food.. I think I've gotten similar discounts on APA teams - drink/food tickets, free appetizers, etc. Awful nice of them to give themselves a discount on food. That'll learn them others.

The funniest part I keep seeing in all of these "anouncements" are things like: "International Pro Rankings" ...International rankings based on 3 random U.S. events. I guess it could be worse, he could use intergalactic, planetary.. another dimension. :embarrassed2:

dbldown

Banned
abp

Seeding will benefit only the top 16. Number 17 must by pissed. the top 5 in a field are supposed to place, like always. true with any level event. Why an amateur would play is beyond me. seeding will kill what little these guys have left. so short sighted and they have no idea. I will play anyone on a level field, seeding is not the answer Enjoy the $1 sodas.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Miexed emotions here.

On the one hand, it's tough not to approve of the ABP's effort to try to garner some perks for its top players.

On the other hand, the means by which one is demeed a top player by the ABP is so incredibly arbitrary that my heart goes out to unworthies, like Bustamante, who aren't good enough to be ranked in the ABP Top 16.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think he is a member, as when the original member list came out
oh so long ago, they had his name on it, and he didn't even know about it.

He may be one of the smart players, who know better than to be connected with CW.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I don't think he is a member, as when the original member list came out
oh so long ago, they had his name on it, and he didn't even know about it.

He may be one of the smart players, who know better than to be connected with CW.

I dont think Dechaine is a member, yet he is ranked....