Q Masters altercation?

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
What is the line on a possible rematch?I take it this went down before anyone could lay bets.Im thinking 3/2 Lee.Of course it would be best if they just shake hands and agree to be friends.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Eric, are you there? What's the place like this year compared to the other venue? How's the hotel?

Jennie,

Im sitting by the tv table at the second by will report back. The hotel is nice but not the right venue for the tourney.

Eric

banged up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would not exactly say Lee Brett is a stand up guy, I only know my dealings and when I beat him in Tunica this year he went into a rant on how I got lucky and I could play him a set for whatever the typical bs you get from people after they get beat.
He was literally yelling at me in front of the whole tournament, he had to apologize to all the diamond guys and me, but after his apology he said I could still play a set for whatever, which kinda nullified the apology.

My question is how do people that play decent, like Lee, get sponsored by tiger and such and they are probably a strong 6 in the APA.
I guess its all about perception and not reality.[/QUOTE

If he's only a strong apa 6 you shoulda took him up on his offer... Just sayin'

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good sources.

They had a fight. It had nothing to do with any pool match. Noone got seriously hurt. Daz took the worst of it and has a knot on his forehead.

Next.

Eric

Darren came over looking for the threepeat, but it was knot to be. :frown:

Jdale

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tee-hee! :grin-square:

Hey, is this a comma splice or not? Which one would you use?

Example A: The facts are clear, we've reached an interesting interaction where regulation and technology can provide consumer protection into the future.

Example B: The facts are clear. We've reached an interesting interaction where regulation and technology can provide consumer protection into the future.

Example C: The facts are clear; we've reached an interesting interaction where regulation and technology can provide consumer protection into the future.

Just reading the above, it looks like there should be a period or even a semicolon after "clear." If you listen to the audio, though, I'm thinking a comma.

This is why sometimes it is necessary to actually *hear* what is said in order to apply the correct punctuation.

Which one do you think?

Has no one mentioned a colon? I bend toward two sentences, but would use the colon as a second choice. Another possibility: "The facts clearly demonstate that we've reached . . ." which doesn't put as much emphasis on the facts being clear, but would also work gramatically. Good old English - so many ways for a given sentence to be right or wrong. JDale

angiepangy

Registered
1. Darren was not the one who offered to take Rodney outside it was the other way around. Since then they have both figured out it was a misunderstanding that got lost in translation and are on good terms.
2. The loss to Efren had nothing to do with the altercation at the pool club. Obviously Darren was upset, the 9 ball was fluked double hill. He spewed about it for a half hour and carried on playing the tournament knowing this is the name of the game and gave credit to Efren to still be able to compete at a top level for being nearly 60.
3. Both Darren and Lee had been drinking last night and what started out as playful banter quickly escalated but was stopped before any serious damage was done to either party.
4. No charges are being pressed.

I have my opinions but I will keep them to myself. Thought I should put all the rumors to rest and post the FACTS about yesterday's incident.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I just got back from three days of promoting our 'Miracle', and 'Wonder', cue line. What's this I hear about a fight? :smile:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just got back from three days of promoting our 'Miracle', and 'Wonder', cue line. What's this I hear about a fight? :smile:

Those sound like mayonnaise and bread products, respectively. Using those in a fight would be rather messy.

:p
-Sean

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I am a traitor but there is no place like the USA. I have got myself into trouble in the past for making statements like this BUT I don't care if you like who is in the white house or who is not. The U.S,A is still the greatest country in the world. JMO :)

Anyway, I hope that Daz is ok and that Lee didn't get himself into too much trouble. I do like Cheeseburgers.

What country is number 2 in your opinion and how long did you live or visit there?

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I see you JAM being a little mean to the English folks on here. If you don't like them so much you should protest and not eat any Shepherds Pie or Yorkshire pudding and stew. I'll bet you don't do it :)
Oh I also know the whole story of what happened with Daz and Lee. I would be happy to tell you everything I know but you must first say you Like Mushy peas. Just say you like em :)

Aye Mark.... Jenny is a bit of alright and likes her coffee and not tea. Personally I like a lot of English stuff. Like Curly Whirlys Yorkshire Tea and Lemon and Sugar on me flappers. Right then I think if Lee was spouting off to Daz to get him wound up he did the job. Nothing is worse than a pissed up punter giving you digs till you shank em!! Too bad it was Daz that got mucked up. Lucky he didnt end up in a boot and off for a late night swim. You know what I mean?? :lol:

I think its funny that Darren use to be a boxer and got knocked on his bum like a primary student. That must has been something to see. :lol:

Lee just set me a PM and said this one goes out to Daz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzxd9d41Hhc

Hope you can take a joke Daz ;-)

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... It's good QMasters isn't pressing charges and it's good Darren isn't....

I am unsure why Darren would have the option to file charges... as it did not appear to me that any actions taken were in response to a physical threat

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
I would not exactly say Lee Brett is a stand up guy, I only know my dealings and when I beat him in Tunica this year he went into a rant on how I got lucky and I could play him a set for whatever the typical bs you get from people after they get beat.
He was literally yelling at me in front of the whole tournament, he had to apologize to all the diamond guys and me, but after his apology he said I could still play a set for whatever, which kinda nullified the apology.

My question is how do people that play decent, like Lee, get sponsored by tiger and such and they are probably a strong 6 in the APA.
I guess its all about perception and not reality.[/QUOTE

If he's only a strong apa 6 you shoulda took him up on his offer... Just sayin'

C'mon man I thought millwrights were smarter than that. Of course I'd play.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I was thinking the same thing...

I am unsure why Darren would have the option to file charges... as it did not appear to me that any actions taken were in response to a physical threat

People aren't charged with a crime based on who wins a fight lol... If they were, I would probably still be in prison...( I have never even been arrested, let alone in prison)...

Now a civil suit is a horse of a different color; however, I would assume based on available evidence that DAZ would hold a large percentage of the blame due to contributory negligence AND he would have to prove that the damages sustained are not unreasonable in preventing damage to Lee's person when DAZ attacked him.

Jaden

Last edited:

Guapo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little off subject... did anyone actually watch the path of the four ball that lucked in the nine ball. wow. talk about pool gods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSe6troPrzg&feature=youtu.be

Getting back on topic, these burgers are very traditional and don't have many extra toppings but damn they're good! They only have locations in five states yet they're good enough to win national polls.

Good ole' In-N-Out Double-Double. /drool

In-N-OutBurgerCombo1.jpg

Oh and did I mention that the original location is right down the street from where I grew up? :grin: