The new AzBilliards

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
So where did Ask the Instructors go?

Also, how about a button to go from the forum to the Main site? If there is one, I haven't located it.

Thanks

jpparmentier

AZB Artist
Silver Member
Team AzB

It's down with "Ask the Pros". It seemed to make sense to group these together.

Also, how about a button to go from the forum to the Main site? If there is one, I haven't located it.

The header with the menu is now the same on both site; It's basically just one site now. Go to NEWS, TOURS & EVENTS etc...

Of course you need to use the "AZB v4" look & feel of the forums. Go to the left-bottom part of the screen and make sure that you are using this Skin.

We will add global menus to the old style for those whose habits die hard :wink:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I can't seem to mark the forums as read anymore.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

I have cleared the cache, etc, etc.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i been looking for bugs and found 0, all my data is there, and no glitches, nothing missing,

Also having the board and main page sharing he same skin is a brilliant plan, i realize and understand its easier said than done, it looks good and is super fast. gonna be great.

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
Forum suggestion

Maybe try listing the forum topics in order of popularity . Topics with the most posts at the top and so on down to the bottom for the least popular. just a thought.

Nice job on the new look and thanks for the best site in Billiards

wontonny

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a little thing.

When clicking on page numbers, whether it be in a thread or in the forum itself, you have to click precisely on the number. I'd like for it to be anywhere within the yellow.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
New site looks pretty good and zero bugs for me, it remembered my login as it always has without incident.
Loving the full-text buttons like "multi-quote off". Good color scheme too.

I have one bit of feedback about the V4 skin for the forums.

Above the first post, there's a gray bar with the subject of the post, and a little yellow "collapse" triangle.
The first post has a subject of course, but 90% of the the subsequent posts don't.

So the bar's pretty unimportant (I bet very few people collapse individual posts), but visually it's strongly
separated from the post it 'belongs to', with a thick black bar below and the dark gray background above.
This makes it look like a separate item even though it's just a minor piece of the post directly below it.

IMO these bars need to be tweaked. Most important is to remove the black bar below and make
it look like the rest of the post, a light shade of gray.
I also think you could shrink these mostly unused subject bars to like half their height.

Then each post will look like a solid block of white/light gray, and a single band of black
separates it from its neighbor.

I've mocked up what I mean below.

TlfzRVm.jpg

jpparmentier

AZB Artist
Silver Member
Team AzB

Thanks

Just a little thing.

When clicking on page numbers, whether it be in a thread or in the forum itself, you have to click precisely on the number. I'd like for it to be anywhere within the yellow.

Thanks for your feedback. Apparently it acts in a different way depending on the browser used. We've noticed it. Some has to do with the limitation of the forum engine, some with the CSS styling.

We're going to work on the forums in the coming days to blend them even more into the site and try increase the quality of User Experience.

jpparmentier

AZB Artist
Silver Member
Team AzB
aside from looking a bit different, are there any fun new features or toys to play with?

The site and forums are blended. Go to the top, play with the menus. You will be accessing databases that include stories, players, tournaments with results, posters, pictures...

Enough to keep you awake for a while ;)

jpparmentier

AZB Artist
Silver Member
Team AzB
New site looks pretty good and zero bugs for me, it remembered my login as it always has without incident.
Loving the full-text buttons like "multi-quote off". Good color scheme too.

I have one bit of feedback about the V4 skin for the forums.

Above the first post, there's a gray bar with the subject of the post, and a little yellow "collapse" triangle.
The first post has a subject of course, but 90% of the the subsequent posts don't.

So the bar's pretty unimportant (I bet very few people collapse individual posts), but visually it's strongly
separated from the post it 'belongs to', with a thick black bar below and the dark gray background above.
This makes it look like a separate item even though it's just a minor piece of the post directly below it.

IMO these bars need to be tweaked. Most important is to remove the black bar below and make
it look like the rest of the post, a light shade of gray.
I also think you could shrink these mostly unused subject bars to like half their height.

Then each post will look like a solid block of white/light gray, and a single band of black
separates it from its neighbor.

I've mocked up what I mean below.

TlfzRVm.jpg

Thanks a lot for a very good feedback. Unfortunately we had to start somewhere so we didn't have the time to beta-test the forums new look, but just the site.

We'll be looking at this specific item, since you're not the only one to point out the wasted space here.

Always great to get quality help from our users. Thanks !