Slick Willie's - Houston - Westheimer - Closed

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya. Fast eddies is good. Cheap, clean, good people, lotta tables, leagues. But only 1 good player- El Tuna

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
In general the equipment at Slicks is among the worst I have ever played on. Not surprised when a location goes down.

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
Well dang....I'm down in Sugar Land, that was the closest 9' table to me. What a shame.....

I have no idea where to go now, guess ill have to just start making the drive up to North side of town to Bogies or Big Tyme.

Last edited:

RealLive

JUICEISBACK.COM
Silver Member
I heard snooker 147 might be getting, or already purchased, 9ft diamonds so at least that can be a spot for the southwest side

htown_ant

Registered
Well dang....I'm down in Sugar Land, that was the closest 9' table to me. What a shame.....

I have no idea where to go now, guess ill have to just start making the drive up to North side of town to Bogies or Big Tyme.
Fast Eddies Fuqua has four 9' tables. Fox and Hound Fuqua has one. I think Legend's in League City has 3 9' tables. All are easy to get to taking the beltway.

BillYards

Playing Style: Wu Tang Fu
Silver Member
Fox and Hound - westheimer Houston

I had forgotten Fox and Hound on Westheimer. They have a slew of older Diamond 9 footers. Not pool hall atmosphere, but fun once in a while.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Fox & Hound

I am not sure if it was the same one but there was a fox and hound that was closed and liquidated via online auction last week. The auction house said they were 8 footers but what do they know. They did say they were red label diamonds.

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
Fast Eddies Fuqua has four 9' tables. Fox and Hound Fuqua has one. I think Legend's in League City has 3 9' tables. All are easy to get to taking the beltway.

A buddy of mine was actually trying to talk me into switching APA divisions to play out of Fast Eddies. I'd love to play there, looks like a great place....Just a bit too far for me to drive on Monday nights though :(

I've been to Legends once or twice when wifey was working in Webster, nice place! Just wish it were closer.

Last edited:

htown_ant

Registered
A buddy of mine was actually trying to talk me into switching APA divisions to play out of Fast Eddies. I'd love to play there, looks like a great place....Just a bit too far for me to drive on Monday nights though :(

I've been to Legends once or twice when wifey was working in Webster, nice place! Just wish it were closer.

I like Fast Eddie's. I play league there. It's also a great place to watch the fights. I rarely go to Legend's because of the smoke. Although, I think they have separate smoking and non-smoking sections now.

mowermarty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anyone check for auction

stopped by the old 10 east location and an auction was held sept 4th per notice on door. Anyone checked the other closed stores for auction?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
What's going on in Texas with all these poolroom closings? Texas run out of oil? Johnnyt

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not Houston, it's slick willies. All those closed locations are in decaying areas, plus the stores are not as well run and planned as Fast Eddies, Clicks, BigTyme, etc.

For example the slick willies near downtown is in one of the (relatively) more affluent neighborhoods, but that place is seedy as hell. Slick willies provides a ghetto atmosphere at uptown prices. I think.