US open player list

upindaklub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know where to find the us open players list?

I never saw anything about final payment from last year to all players, staff, vendors etc. Seems like a gag order of sorts was put in place because it was hushed up. Was everyone paid? Why will it be different this time?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know where to find the us open players list?

I see the following on their Facebook page:

Players List.

September 23, 2013 at 10:21am

This day last year we only had 60 players signed up. To date we have 91 for this year! We are going to have a GREAT US OPEN!

We can not wait!

1 Aki Nagata USA

2 Ambos Edmundo USA

3 Arsenio Fernandez PR

4 Bernard Andico USA

5 Blair Levandowski USA

6 BR Tatum USA

7 Brett Stottlemyer USA

8 Brian Parks USA

9 Cary Dunn USA

10 Chad Pike USA

11 Charles Ammons USA

12 Charlie Williams USA

13 Chris Futrell USA

14 Cleiton Rocha USA

15 Daniel Bell USA

16 Daniel Becker GR

17 Daniel Alexanyan USA

18 Daniel Becker 2 (need name) USA

19 Darren Appleton UK

20 Daryl Peach ENG

21 Dave Hughes USA

22 Dave Carr USA

23 David Hunt USA

24 David Wiebelhaus USA

25 Earl Strickland USA

26 Eddie Levitt USA

27 Eddie Richardson USA

28 Edward Brooks USA

29 Eric Moore USA

30 Ernesto Dominguez USA

31 Frank Scharbach GR

32 Franklin Hernandez USA

33 Genco Iseri GR

34 Hayato Hijikato JP

35 Huidji See NL

36 Javier De Jesus ESP

37 Jay Hlavachek USA

38 Jerome Rockwell USA

39 Joe Auzenne USA

40 John Schmidt USA

41 John Evans USA

42 John Evans 2 ( need name) USA

43 Johnny Kang USA

44 Johnny Archer USA

45 Jorge Pagan PR

46 Jose Parica PH

47 Juan Carlos Exposito ESP

48 Jumbi Baker USA

49 Kevin Guimond USA

50 Larry Nevel USA

51 Marc Vidal Claramunt ESP

52 Mark Bridge UK

53 Masahiro Shimano JP

54 Matt Krah USA

55 Michael Ricciardella USA

56 Michael Wong USA

57 Michael Yednak USA

58 Mike Dechaine USA

59 Mike McNaughton USA

60 Gate City Billiard Qualifier USA

61 Brass Tap Qualifier USA

62 Naoyuki Oi JP

63 Nick Van Den Berg NL

64 Niels Feijen DK

65 Oliver Ortmann GR

66 Omar Santiago Roman PR

67 Oscar Dominguez USA

68 Patrick Carosi USA

69 Paul Spaanstra USA

70 Raj Hundal UK

71 Ralf Souquet GR

72 Randy Labonte USA

73 Randy Russell USA

74 Reinaldo Dendariarena Perez PR

75 RJ Carmona USA

76 Robert Ray USA

77 Rodney Morris USA

78 Ronny Oldervik NOR

79 Rory Hendrickson USA

80 Shane Van Boening USA

81 Stephen Schinas UK

82 Steve Lillis USA

83 Steve Fleming USA

84 Steve Sones USA

85 Takao Takayama JP

86 Thorsten Hohmann GR

87 Tommy Sullivan USA

88 Tommy Kennedy USA

89 Tommy Lee Muldrow USA

90 Varpu Ohrnberg FIN

91 Vegar Kristiansen NOR

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member
I never saw anything about final payment from last year to all players, staff, vendors etc. Seems like a gag order of sorts was put in place because it was hushed up. Was everyone paid? Why will it be different this time?

All players have been paid. If this was not the case the WPA would not have sanctioned the event this year.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Notably absent from the list of 91 in Joe Jaguar's post:

David Alcaide
Ronnie Alcano
Yukio Akagariyama
Carlo Biado
Francisco Bustamante
Karl Boyes
JL Chang
Corey Deuel
Roberto Gomez
Mark Gray
Justin Hall
Dennis Hatch
Mika Immonen
Warren Kiamco
Pin-Yi Ko
Chris Melling
Stevie Moore
John Morra
Dennis Orcullo
Alex Pagulayan
Shawn Putnam
Efren Reyes
Jayson Shaw
Brandon Shuff
Lee Vann Corteza
Li He Wen
Jia Qing Wu
Chin Shun Yang

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Doubtful you will see many of the top filipino players this year. Same goes for Chinese and Taiwan players. "Burn me once and I'm done with you!"

Actually there was a player or two from Taiwan who were only paid recently. They were in low payout positions as I recall.

mudball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doubtful you will see many of the top filipino players this year. Same goes for Chinese and Taiwan players. "Burn me once and I'm done with you!"

Actually there was a player or two from Taiwan who were only paid recently. They were in low payout positions as I recall.

Really? Sigh. I was really hoping to watch Ronnie take it home this year.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Shane won last year, but Orcullo was second, Alex Pagulayan was third, Efren Reyes was fourth, Ronnie Alcano tied for fifth, Jose Parica tied for fifth, and JL Chang tied for 7th.

Without the Asians, the field would be watered down significantly. Hope you're wrong, Jay, but suspect you know of what you speak.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Shane won last year, but Orcullo was second, Alex Pagulayan was third, Efren Reyes was fourth, Ronnie Alcano tied for fifth, Jose Parica tied for fifth, and JL Chang tied for 7th.

Without the Asians, the field would be watered down significantly. Hope you're wrong, Jay, but suspect you know of what you speak.

yeah, that says a lot in general for pool. Pool is only hurt more so when major tournaments are not a full field of pool's best. Its like everyone wants things to improve but they just get worse and worse and worse. If pool was a stock I would still be shorting it.

upindaklub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please Harold, some of us know better.

Perhaps he meant all the WPA players had been paid? If I recall correctly the BCA held all the entry fees prior to the event but still there were numerous slow pays for players and staff, alledgedly. What safeguards are in place this year to ensure history does not repeat itself besides the assurances of team Behrman?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Perhaps he meant all the WPA players had been paid? If I recall correctly the BCA held all the entry fees prior to the event but still there were numerous slow pays for players and staff, alledgedly. What safeguards are in place this year to ensure history does not repeat itself besides the assurances of team Behrman?

The prize money has been escrowed.

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If this is true the crowd is gonna start getting watered down too..... I won't be attending if the best players on the planet aren't there:angry:

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this is true the crowd is gonna start getting watered down too..... I won't be attending if the best players on the planet aren't there:angry:

Yep. It will just be like an ordinary US based tournament. Weakest line-up I have seen so far. Hope the other top players reconsider and start showing up soon on the list.