thinking about moving to Atlanta Area

danomano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Multiple good rooms in the area and its primarily a 9 foot town.

Marietta Billiards just north of ATL has 14 9' olhausens and at least that many 9 foot gold crowns.

Cues Billiards has something like 12-14 kim steel 9's and is becoming an action room

Mr Cues II has boatloads of Brunswick 9 foots, 8 foots and even a snooker table and is the best place to find good weekly tournament action and all the 1 pocket you could ask for.

Kennesaw Billiards is good for the older crowd as they are open 24-7 and have a ton of regulars in there starting around lunchtime

There are many others too - but those places should certainly be plenty to keep you busy.

Jerry Forsyth

And if you need to be west of town think about Villa Rica. Monica Webb and Helena Thornfeldt own a room there called Stix and not only is it a nice room but the food is great.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Multiple good rooms in the area and its primarily a 9 foot town.

Marietta Billiards just north of ATL has 14 9' olhausens and at least that many 9 foot gold crowns.

Cues Billiards has something like 12-14 kim steel 9's and is becoming an action room

Mr Cues II has boatloads of Brunswick 9 foots, 8 foots and even a snooker table and is the best place to find good weekly tournament action and all the 1 pocket you could ask for.

Kennesaw Billiards is good for the older crowd as they are open 24-7 and have a ton of regulars in there starting around lunchtime

There are many others too - but those places should certainly be plenty to keep you busy.

haha - a friend of mine just moved back to the Atlanta area (from central IL)....and I've been hearing about all the places you mentioned. He hasn't had a negative thing to say about any of 'em. He also said it's pretty easy to find action; must be nice!

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
ummmm....JA has a pool hall off of 285 @ NW Atlanta. 46+/- tbls.
plus his personal Diamond.

Lucky_Lew66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok cool thanks guys, i was thinking about the Kennesaw area i met a woman online that lives there and i think i want to get to know her better, are there and decent factory jobs in the area...i thought Jonny Archers room was somewhere near there, sounds like a good area for pool, my kind of place....;)

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
ummmm....JA has a pool hall off of 285 @ NW Atlanta. 46+/- tbls.
plus his personal Diamond.

There's a Diamond Pro there now but the 9ft Diamond Pro-Am is no more.

If you're coming up north on 41 take a right at the Big Chicken, go under the overpass and take a left down into the strip mall and you will see Marietta Billiard Club.

There's a good league system and some tournaments at the room not to mention a fantastic 14.1 league on Sunday afternoons. :)

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn near every bar in the metro area has valley or dynamo bar boxes too. There are quite a few cheap weekly bar tournaments. There's an old list floating around here somewhere.

The pool scene around here is still in pretty good shape IMO

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok cool thanks guys, i was thinking about the Kennesaw area i met a woman online that lives there and i think i want to get to know her better, are there and decent factory jobs in the area...i thought Jonny Archers room was somewhere near there, sounds like a good area for pool, my kind of place....;)

If you move to the Kennesaw area, three of the four that danomano mention are all real close - Kennesaw Billiards, Cues, Marietta Billiards (which is the biggest with maybe 25-30 9 footers.

All have lots of nine footers. Can't go wrong! Like dr9ball said, come play some 14.1 with us at MBC. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

bountybuddy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Atlanta sounds like my kind of place to. My wife and I drove to Atlanta to visit a close friend that was dying. He died two weeks after we saw him. Great friend. It's still hard to believe he is gone. We have other close friends that live in Atlanta. We liked it so much we even thought about moving there ourselves. Best of luck to you friend. Shoot well.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I was wondering about that...

There's a Diamond Pro there now but the 9ft Diamond Pro-Am is no more.

If you're coming up north on 41 take a right at the Big Chicken, go under the overpass and take a left down into the strip mall and you will see Marietta Billiard Club.

There's a good league system and some tournaments at the room not to mention a fantastic 14.1 league on Sunday afternoons. :)

I was wondering if Shawn would've taken that with him when he moved.

Jaden

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
make your move to Kennesaw, then you are more or less in the middle of 3 rooms (MBC, cues and Kennesaw billiards) all being about 15 minutes drive to any of the 3....both apa and tap leagues at mbc and cues.......there is more action at cues though. diamond billiards took the 9 ft table out of mbc as it was shawn putman's and he moved to LA. hoping to see a 14.1 league at cues as well (c'mon rob)........maybe after the 1st of the year.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
make your move to Kennesaw, then you are more or less in the middle of 3 rooms (MBC, cues and Kennesaw billiards) all being about 15 minutes drive to any of the 3....both apa and tap leagues at mbc and cues.......there is more action at cues though. diamond billiards took the 9 ft table out of mbc as it was shawn putman's and he moved to LA. hoping to see a 14.1 league at cues as well (c'mon rob)........maybe after the 1st of the year.

you mean THIS one? no wonder Shawn was pissed while JA & KK9 played.... (background, in blue)

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
What night or day Ralph? Unless Rob and I get a 10ball team I only have 14.1 during the week

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Hey Ralph- play some 10 ball!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Yeah! Play 10 ball with us Wed nights that would give us 4 and we can pick up a 5th. we play 3 players per weekly match.

Let us know. We need to confirm whether we have a team by Monday. the league operator can add 1 or 2 players but I'd love to have Ralph on our team. BTW NAPA nationals is in Atlanta next year :)

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah! Play 10 ball with us Wed nights that would give us 4 and we can pick up a 5th. we play 3 players per weekly match.

Let us know. We need to confirm whether we have a team by Monday. the league operator can add 1 or 2 players but I'd love to have Ralph on our team. BTW NAPA nationals is in Atlanta next year :)

hey guys....I can't do 3 nights in a row...(tues at mbc and thurs at cues already)..am interested in 14.1 or 10 ball sat afternoon at cues.....matters not...I do appreciate the invite. if nothing else we could arrange some play sat afternoons with or without a league. let me know.