Gareth Potts vs SVB.. who wins?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I provided you a website with a wealth of information instead.

Thus neatly demonstrating you can provide no evidence to back up your claims. All the proof I need is here:

google.com[/QUOTE]

What claims?

Shane sits on top of the money list after 3 months. Potts only makes the list because of ONE Chinese event in a discipline that the WPA doesn't even recognize as a discipline.

That's right the same WPA that you are using to classify World Class players.

6 of the top 20 men's money earners since AZB has been tracking them are Americans.

And Shane did it WITHOUT any big paydays from events like the Chinese 8 ball or the IPT events or the World Championships when they used to pay out $100,000.

IF you took the time to go through all the archives on AZB's site then you would clearly see that not only is Shane world class, but also the USA has many world class players.

That is the point.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thus neatly demonstrating you can provide no evidence to back up your claims. All the proof I need is here:

google.com

What claims?

Shane sits on top of the money list after 3 months. Potts only makes the list because of ONE Chinese event in a discipline that the WPA doesn't even recognize as a discipline.

That's right the same WPA that you are using to classify World Class players.

6 of the top 20 men's money earners since AZB has been tracking them are Americans.

And Shane did it WITHOUT any big paydays from events like the Chinese 8 ball or the IPT events or the World Championships when they used to pay out $100,000.

IF you took the time to go through all the archives on AZB's site then you would clearly see that not only is Shane world class, but also the USA has many world class players.

That is the point.[/QUOTE]

Step away from the keyboard. Go make yourself a coffee and then come back and read the thread PROPERLY before you make yourself look any sillier..

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Lol.

Give Shane a Chinese 8 Ball table and inside six months he will have mastered it. That's all you need to know.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blah blah blah.. waffle waffle waffle.. misdirection, smoke and mirrors...

So then, in summary, you cannot provide any information at all to the playing prowess, particularly of a world class nature, of the new/young/unknown additions to the US Mosconi cup squad.

Thought as much ;)

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
better at what?

I've read this whole thread twice now. It's pretty obvious that even the ones who are saying Shane ISN'T the best player, deep down really do believe that he is. So we all agree that Shane is the best player. Why keep going on and on if we all agree?

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've read this whole thread twice now. It's pretty obvious that even the ones who are saying Shane ISN'T the best player, deep down really do believe that he is. So we all agree that Shane is the best player. Why keep going on and on if we all agree?

I don't get what you mean.

Everyone agrees that Shane is the better American pool player of the two - or at least they should.
Everyone agrees that Potts is the better English and Chinese pool player of the two - or at least they should.

Is there more to it than that?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't get what you mean.

Everyone agrees that Shane is the better American pool player of the two - or at least they should.
Everyone agrees that Potts is the better English and Chinese pool player of the two - or at least they should.

Is there more to it than that?

It's pretty well understood that Shane would beat Potts on ANY table with a week to practice on it. That's what I took from this thread.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's pretty well understood that Shane would beat Potts on ANY table with a week to practice on it. That's what I took from this thread.

Are you saying he went all the way to china to compete in the Chinese 8 Ball masters without any practise at all?

Bit silly that don't you think?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you saying he went all the way to china to compete in the Chinese 8 Ball masters without any practise at all?

I'm sure he was able to get plenty of practice on the many C8B tables we have here in America.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member

<snip>

"Had", not "has" many world class players, "HAD" many world class players.

Once upon a time Corey Deuel, Rodney Morris, Johnny Archer, Earl Strickland, and a few others "were" world class players, no doubt about it.

They no longer are and what AZB tracked back in the day is not relevant at present. Once upon a time Mike Sigel was the best player on the planet and he was American, does that mean America is "still" the best pool playing nation on the planet? Of course not, it would be a logical fallacy to attempt to claim so and your argument above is also a logical fallacy of the same form.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member

If you actually took "that" from this thread you are bloody delusional. That comment is so goofy it seems trollish...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Once upon a time Corey Deuel, Rodney Morris, Johnny Archer, Earl Strickland, and a few others "were" world class players, no doubt about it.

They no longer are and what AZB tracked back in the day is not relevant at present. Once upon a time Mike Sigel was the best player on the planet and he was American, does that mean America is "still" the best pool playing nation on the planet? Of course not, it would be a logical fallacy to attempt to claim so and your argument above is also a logical fallacy of the same form.

We are just going to disagree on that because I think America HAS a lot of world class players as I stated several times.

DaddysVisa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Corey Deuel and Rodney Morris might not be in the top 25 in the world anymore, but they ARE still world class imo. Rodney won the US Open 10b less than a year ago for crying out loud. That was as tough field as you are going to find in any tournament. 94 of the world's best including a ton from Asia.

His draw was:

Cheng 9-4
Vidal 9-3
Hohmann 9-8
Morra 9-3
Grabe 9-3
Wu 9-4
Corteza 9-2
Orcollo 13-10

I'd say going undefeated though that field would make you world class, no? How high are we setting the bar here?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

Its also a bit silly to presume that if SVB had one of those tables to practice on for a reasonable amount of time, that he wouldn't have fared FAR better.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Lucky no one said that then eh?

True, you only infer it, based on a tournament on the other side of the world, on tables that are dramatically different than anything SVB plays on. You didn't actually "say" it.

The whole argument is silly, given that each player shows his stregnths on equipment that the other doesn't play on.