GoPro Head Cam

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have watched a couple of pros run balls using a GoPro Head Cam, the latest was Max Eberle a rack of rotation today on Facebook. It would be interesting to see some 90/90, or "real CTE" guys do it. It definitely gives a great perspective, and I believe is an awesome teaching tool for aiming and English.

Here is Max's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvaKCJCKLQ0#t=48

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. Thorsten had his a few weeks ago and I played around with it, he had it linked up to his iPad, was pretty good quality, just a little distortion noticeable in the final video. He has since posted a video or two on Facebook as well and they turned out great.

I've been asked by a few people to do videos on SEE or some other aspects of pool and I think the headcam perspective would be great for that. Been crazy busy but will pick one up soon and see how it works out.
Scott

UpMySleeves

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya I know what you mean haha. The weight of the camera didn't help my stroke so I cut out lot's of missed shots. I just wanted to see what the view angle was like. Thanks for watching !

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be interesting but perhaps, only marginally helpful to see this with CTE/Pro One. You obtain your visuals with both eyes, not one which would be similar to the head cam.

UpMySleeves

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be interesting but perhaps, only marginally helpful to see this with CTE/Pro One. You obtain your visuals with both eyes, not one which would be similar to the head cam.

Yup totally agree

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes, and no

I agree with part, but the thing you could compare is head movement on the sweep, adjustments after someone did there sweep, and manual pivots. As most people say they look at the object ball last, they don't know exactly where the subconsious has you the cue. Which would also be good in slow motion for anyone to see if they are hitting the cue where they intend.

I would love to have some google glasses, it could be pretty cool.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with part, but the thing you could compare is head movement on the sweep, adjustments after someone did there sweep, and manual pivots. As most people say they look at the object ball last, they don't know exactly where the subconsious has you the cue. Which would also be good in slow motion for anyone to see if they are hitting the cue where they intend.

Thorsten H. with his Go Pro camera appears to be sweeping in on his shots.

Stan Shuffett

Manual pivoting is only a foundational training tool for complete system understanding. It has zero to do with real playing.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand Stan but it would still be great to see and I think it would help as an instructor to show what the player is doing right.

As I learned in martial arts praise, correct, praise.

This is for all players and systems.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand Stan but it would still be great to see and I think it would help as an instructor to show what the player is doing right.

As I learned in martial arts praise, correct, praise.

This is for all players and systems.

How much are the Go Pros. I am not adverse to trying one out.
I can see some value to it but a cam will not do what the eyes are doing at this point.

Stan Shuffett

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I had a girl friend that used to wear one of these............. you would get sea sick if you watched the video.................

Kim

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not sure

How much are the Go Pros. I am not adverse to trying one out.
I can see some value to it but a cam will not do what the eyes are doing at this point.

Stan Shuffett

I haven't personally looked at them, like anything I am sure there are various levels. You are correct they won't tell what the eyes are doing, but you will be able to see movements of the head, and cueing. Would be pretty cool. Maybe really good for teaching stroke training.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't personally looked at them, like anything I am sure there are various levels. You are correct they won't tell what the eyes are doing, but you will be able to see movements of the head, and cueing. Would be pretty cool. Maybe really good for teaching stroke training.

I may check one out. The interest is certainly there.

Stan Shuffett

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
The problem is you can not see what is going on in someones head.

You could see me shoot and say I am sweeping, but it would have nothing to do with my aiming. Why, cause you just don't know what going on in my head. You are watching external movements and giving them your own definition of what and why those movements are done.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Duckie. I am not thinking of it as a way to prove or disprove. Only to learn. What are the movements is your subconscious adjusting. How can you help someone.

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice...
I hope, not just head cam, but a small cue cam... you know small as in small cam over the cue.

Google Glass would be much better. (if it's in the market of course)

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I think you can rent Google Glasses now. Or not.

https://www.google.com.hk/search?q=...l5.4530j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree

Nice...
I hope, not just head cam, but a small cue cam... you know small as in small cam over the cue.

Google Glass would be much better. (if it's in the market of course)

Yes, I would love to be in the Beta testing. Hopefully when they finally come out with them for the public they are cheaper than the $1500.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go Pros are $199, $299, or $399. The higher end one is the one Thorsten has, it has a nicer resolution, better low light capabilities (useful for pool), and some other features. Other than the low light stuff the middle one is probably adequate. I'm going to pick up the higher end one this week, just not sure when I can put a video together but will be soon.

Honestly not even sure how useful it will be. Only 1 line with SEE so perhaps the visual simulation will be accurate, and with the camera between my eyes hopefully will give a decent perspective. Think it would be useful as well to demonstrate other things from a shooter perspective, certainly different than the typical angles we see in videos. Won't know until I try it out I guess.

Scott