On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had some fun yesterday.............

Had a little tourney in Farmington Mn, When I say little I mean little. About 8 players I think. Was still fun though
Then I played one of the players some cheap sets. I also got a couple of lessons set up. I'm hoping I can get them done before my surgery on the 7th.

I'm playing pretty good considering I havn't hardly played. I'm taking antibiotics to reduce the infection in my throat before the surgery and it's working. I can swallow now with minimal pain and I can eat and drink pretty good also.

On the 7th after the surgery is when I will find out if there is any cancer. My history of poolhalls with smoke and places that have smoking rooms connected, but some smoke drifts into the smoke free area, kind of stacks the odds against me.

I also got a lump in one of my armpits. not a good sign.

Just have to see how it plays out and go from there.

I'm hoping for the best. Bought the motorhome, getting a car dolly soon and I already got the small car to pull.

2 quick surgeries and I should be back on the road.

I want to say thanks to everyone here and on facebook for their support.

We are losing players it seems every week in this pool world of ours.

I've still got allot of work to do and plan on being around for awhile.

Thanks again.........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there chris......

I second the stay out from under that thing statement... Hope they get you straightened out and u can get back out there... Maybe you'll even be in good shape by October and you can do the Open again..

Chris

Tomorrow at 1:00 I go to Marshfield Clinic to see the surgeon to set a date for the neck surgery. this is the one I originally planned on to fix a disc or 2 and take care of the stenosis. The result of the rear ending I got from a drunk driver in Peoria Illinois in May of 2013. I still take seizure meds for the seizures.

The neck just kept getting worse an worse until it got almost unbearable sometimes. And the pain has kind of gotten like my best friend, there all the time.

The real surprise tough was this cist on my thyroid. I've had this for a long time. It was the reason had so much trouble with the smoke. many times these cists are not malignant but the second hand smoke ups the ante a little.

If I come away from this cancer free and no radiation It will be the best roll of my life. Just need to keep my fingers crossed.

I'm waiting to do this surgery on the 7th so it might effect how soon they can fix the neck and spine.

I hope they can do them as soon as a week apart so can get back in the loop again teaching and playing.

You'ld think they would have some kind of a deal like buy one and get the second 1/2 off. ;)

Got the motorhome, car dolly and a little car to pull.

The it will be up up and away again..............

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Tomorrow at 1:00 I go to Marshfield Clinic to see the surgeon to set a date for the neck surgery. this is the one I originally planned on to fix a disc or 2 and take care of the stenosis. The result of the rear ending I got from a drunk driver in Peoria Illinois in May of 2013. I still take seizure meds for the seizures.

The neck just kept getting worse an worse until it got almost unbearable sometimes. And the pain has kind of gotten like my best friend, there all the time.

The real surprise tough was this cist on my thyroid. I've had this for a long time. It was the reason had so much trouble with the smoke. many times these cists are not malignant but the second hand smoke ups the ante a little.

If I come away from this cancer free and no radiation It will be the best roll of my life. Just need to keep my fingers crossed.

I'm waiting to do this surgery on the 7th so it might effect how soon they can fix the neck and spine.

I hope they can do them as soon as a week apart so can get back in the loop again teaching and playing.

You'ld think they would have some kind of a deal like buy one and get the second 1/2 off. ;)

Got the motorhome, car dolly and a little car to pull.

The it will be up up and away again..............

When's the date for the surgery, Gene?
JoeyA

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7th of July...........

When's the date for the surgery, Gene?
JoeyA

Hi Joey,
I just got back from the neurologist. he also said I have 2 bulging discs but says I have stenosis but not enough to cause the extreme trouble that should warrant surgery.
I just went through 6 weeks of physical therapy with no relief at all. He wants to try 8 to 10 more weeks. I just don't know?
Gave me some more muscle relaxers that I couldn't get because my payment to the insurance company somehow never got posted. need to check into that tomorrow.

But the surgery for the cyst is on the 7th. he did say that we need to wait until that is done to see what's up with the neck. Right now my spine hurts, can't hardly turn my neck and the throat hurts real bad when I swallow anything, even water. My whole neck is just like one big mess as far as feeling good.

I'll really feel better when I get this first surgery out of the way and see what's up.

Motorhome is ready and I got the little car. need to get the car dolly but got one lined up.

Just want to get going again and have some energy. I think this cyst thing is the ticket. Once that is gone and the thyroid can work normal I hope things will be OK.

I've been blaming all this on being diabetic for a long time.

The neuro that I saw today used to be a regular doctor and when he looked at my neck he said to me, You got a real trophy there. I told him he should have seen it 10 days ago before I started taking the antibiotics. It almost reminded me of pictures I had seen of goiters years ago. wasn't a pretty sight.

I'll be OK. This cyst has been the problem for a long time with ear infections and sinus infections. it creates a chronic condition all the time even when it was smaller and didn't cause trouble with the swallowing. One day I would get up and feel weak and shaky, hardly able to play pool. The next day I could get up and knew I wouldn't miss a ball. But at any moment I would get weak and shaky again and even get chills. Eyes would burn and my tongue would burn.

When I would tell the doctor about this and if it could be from being diabetic the answer was always, I don't think so.

At least now I know and can get the trouble fixed.

Just from taking the antibiotics I feel so much better and have so much more energy.

I'll be OK. You can bet on that..........I have work to do in this pool world.........

Last edited:

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
I had the pleasure of playing a match against Gene yesterday as well as a ring game afterwards. He beat me pretty handily in a race to 9 nineball even though I was up 5-4 on him at one point. The cream rises to the top....he won the tourney :)
Just want to say he is a super, SUPER nice guy to play and talk with. It's obvious to me that he wants to help bring out the best in the other players game.
Thanks for playing Gene and I hope the surgury goes well enough that we can meet up again on July 26th at JJ's for the Singles tourney.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I had the pleasure of playing a match against Gene yesterday as well as a ring game afterwards. He beat me pretty handily in a race to 9 nineball even though I was up 5-4 on him at one point. The cream rises to the top....he won the tourney :)
Just want to say he is a super, SUPER nice guy to play and talk with. It's obvious to me that he wants to help bring out the best in the other players game.
Thanks for playing Gene and I hope the surgury goes well enough that we can meet up again on July 26th at JJ's for the Singles tourney.

Great post!

Gene's "PERFECT AIM" is awesome and so is Gene. thanks for writing.

JoeyA

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I hope you have a quick recovery from the surgeries so you can get back on the road doing your thing. Johnnyt

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surgery went well.............

I just got home.

I can't do a thing until the draining stops. I have a hole in my neck about the size of a tennis ball, at least that is what Dr Block said that did the surgery.

This big cyst on the thyroid was scarred and had been there for a long time. caused chronic ear infection and sinus infection in turn causing many vision problems.

I got more than I bargained for with this one for sure.

I asked Dr Block if I could play in a tourney on the 19th. he answered with an immediate NO. I forgot that your tourney is on the 26th. So I didn't ask about the 26th and he didn't say no so I might still be able to play.

The good news is I got the best roll of my life. No Cancer he thinks but they still havn't done the lab work on the cyst.

My neck looks like they put it back together wrong with part of it missing. But I guess at my age I wasn't going to win any beauty contests anyway. :rolleyes:

I have to wear a little bottle around right now to drain the space for about a week more.

Antibiotics for 2 weeks, pain pills and 2 weeks of sleeping while I'm sitting up.

This is one reason the smoke bothered me so much. This cyst was almost always infected and when the second hand smoke would go down my throat it had to pass over this causing immediate nausea.

It was great meeting you and I was impressed with your game. You can play for sure. I could see right away that you are one of the players that is just like a fresh breath of air for pool.

I'm going to take care of this the way I'm supposed to with the goal of being there for this great tourney your putting together.

Thanks Gene............

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks JohnnyT............

I hope you have a quick recovery from the surgeries so you can get back on the road doing your thing. Johnnyt

I can't wait.

Bigger and better than before.......................

Surgery was a success.

But just like humptey dumptey, I need to put all the pieces back together again.

Or should I say heal up the hole where the piece was taken out.

Thanks again.................

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feeling pretty good considering...........

No cancer, that was a biggy. With the pool world losing so many players to this dreaded disease, I'm glad I don't have to deal with that.

The cyst that I had was there for many years. At least 30 for sure. I had ear surgery and sinus surgery back in 1986. One of the symptoms of a cyst like the one I had was many infections in the ears and sinuses. I was always clearing my throat and felt like there was always something stuck. Difficulty swallowing and water going down the wrong pipe. Vision would get blurry and I would get hot and then cold. many times just a little clammy.

When I found out I was diabetic I thought I had found the reason for all these things that were happening but people that were diabetic didn't have the things happening that were happening to me.

One day I would feel pretty good and the next get real shaky.

I had ear surgery and thought that by heating up my ear I was draining the infection but it would go down my throat and many times make me sick to my stomach. I did this for years. By laying on the heating pad with my head I was actually heating up this cyst in my throat making that drain. In turn it enabled me to put up with this cyst on the thyroid for a long time.

I had a car accident about 15 months ago and my neck is pretty sore. This big cyst was contributing greatly to the pain. it was about the size of a tennis ball. That's a big cyst.

Dr Block, in Eau Claire Wi did a great job from what I can tell so far but I'm still not out of the woods for sure. I have a big hole that needs to heal. it feels like 1/2 of my neck is gone when I feel with my hand.

I have to sleep sitting up for 2 weeks and no bending over for at least 3 weeks.

I'm in a $100 9 ball tourney, winner take all on the 26th of July. I don't think I will make it.

I'm also in a $100 entry in Beloit and that's not looking good either.

The good news is that I can already tell that my energy is going to go off the charts. My vision is so clear. I wish I could fast forward a month ahead and see where i'm at.

I know that I will need to work out and build up the muscles again. I can't hardly do anything and that's the way the doc wants it for now.

I still had allot of infection when he did the surgery.

I get the drain out hopefully on Friday when I see Dr block.

I am just so thankful and grateful that this finally got taken care of. I have allot of pool to teach yet and so many tournys to win still but it was too much of a grind the way it was.

I really feel that I let the pool world down the last year but I just didn't have enough energy.

I measured the cut on my throat and it's about 8 inches long. I hope the skin on my neck evens out.Right now it looks like a mess. Kind of crooked and lumpy but I don't think I would win any beauty contests anyway but I don't want to scare anyone either.

But all in all I think I just got the best roll in my life. Once this heals up I will be better than I have been for years.

My goal is to try to be ready to roll by the middle of August and start the new Perfect aim tour in Beloit.

Then it's off to Chicago for a month. I have about 8 lessons to do down there.

And it will just get better from there.

It will be One man, a motorhome, a little white car and the road............

Life is so good.................I'm so thankful.................

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know why they gave me 40 pain pills.....

They knew something that I didn't.

I wish it was that easy and simple for players to figure out how much they all need to know Perfect aim.

The only ones that know are the ones that have already learned and they don't want anyone to know especially if they have to compete against them.

There I go again trying to help players.

Some sooner than others......:rolleyes:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Patiently waiting to heal......

Have you ever watched paint dry?

This is how I feel right now. Not complaining but just want to get going again.

Even though my life speed was down to about 0 I still felt like I could go. Right now there is no go.

Here are the rules. No bending over for 2 to 3 weeks. No lifting over 10 lbs.

Antibiotics for about 7 more days and pain pills when I need them. Also the pain pills seem to help when i'm totally bored which happens allot.

Went down to the Hollow tonight and watched Tim and Mike play some 9 ball. At least I could coach a little. Tim did a lesson about 1 year ago and just wasn't doing what he should be doing. I hope it helped him. I had to leave. was getting pretty weak.

I get the drain tube out tomorrow maybe. I still have allot of drainage so maybe not. that tube sure itches.

The throat is still swollen and it hurts pretty bad to swallow yet but I know that will get better for sure.

my vision though is perfect. I think this will stay the same and if so will that be cool.

There are many of us pool players out there that have to rehab from one thing or another. Scott frost for one is going tobe healing up that wrist of his. pretty cool he got the surgery done so reasonable. But when you do good things people are willing to step up to the plate for you.

I have so much to do and can't do it right now.

I just need to keep telling myself that each day it will get better and better and tap my shoes together. At least that worked for Dorothy.

For those of you that are pretty young, she was the young girl in the wizard of OZ.

Got a lesson Sat with a young man that I'm pretty excited about. he plays pretty good already and this will get him over the top. We'll have another top player here in the area real soon.

other than that not much to do except heal. And I am going to follow the Doctors orders no matter how much I feel I can do more.

I got one chance to get this right at 61. Turn 61 July 18th. Who knows if I screw it up I might take a year to heal rightl.

Good night or good morning.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Hope your healing goes quick. Can't wait til you're back out and about and make it to Indy.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish I was there right now, this minute.........

Hope your healing goes quick. Can't wait til you're back out and about and make it to Indy.

Brickyard is one of my favorite places in the pool world. Lots of things going on and people and players always stirring the pot.

I will be back............

and I can guarantee this. I will be playing better than ever. Goes along with feeling better than ever.

Indy is one of the top places I would set up permanent if that was ever going to happen.

The players there are pretty lucky to have a place that is so much like the old wild west.

And they have the characters to go along with it.

The C players in Indy gamble more than most pros. You never know what your going to get yourself into when you walk in the door.

Brickyard Billiards, A place where legends are still being built everyday.

And for a pool player, it's like a kid being in a candy store.

And like most places I've been to I've made some pretty strong friends there also. Pool players everywhere are the best and Indy is no exception.

Plus, I got unfinished business there with plenty of action.

Can't wait to get back to 100% and have some fun.

My first stop with the motorhome will be Beloit in mid August, then on to Chicago. Oh my gosh, I'm heading right towards Indy.

Look out cause i'll be there and looking to enjoy some good friendships and great action.

I will help stir the pot..........

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Building a champion tomorrow at 1:00 PM

All players that I teach Perfect Aim take an immediate jump in their game because it catches the eye up to the skill level of the cue.

Tomorrow is no exception except this young man has put a ton of work into his game.

When I show a player like this how to get the eyes right the sky is the limit.

He already has the desire and now he will know how to get there.

His name is brian and he will become one of the top players in the area here real soon.

It's not even a maybe.

The Doc said I couldn't play for a couple of weeks. I didn't ask him about teaching;):rolleyes:

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Brickyard is one of my favorite places in the pool world. Lots of things going on and people and players always stirring the pot.

I will be back............

and I can guarantee this. I will be playing better than ever. Goes along with feeling better than ever.

Indy is one of the top places I would set up permanent if that was ever going to happen.

The players there are pretty lucky to have a place that is so much like the old wild west.

And they have the characters to go along with it.

The C players in Indy gamble more than most pros. You never know what your going to get yourself into when you walk in the door.

Brickyard Billiards, A place where legends are still being built everyday.

And for a pool player, it's like a kid being in a candy store.

And like most places I've been to I've made some pretty strong friends there also. Pool players everywhere are the best and Indy is no exception.

Plus, I got unfinished business there with plenty of action.

Can't wait to get back to 100% and have some fun.

My first stop with the motorhome will be Beloit in mid August, then on to Chicago. Oh my gosh, I'm heading right towards Indy.

Look out cause i'll be there and looking to enjoy some good friendships and great action.

I will help stir the pot..........

Let me know when you're coming to Indy, I could really use some help with my head placement and visual alignment...

Danny,
317-440-8035

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You got it Danny,,,,,,,,,

Let me know when you're coming to Indy, I could really use some help with my head placement and visual alignment...

Danny,
317-440-8035

I'm thinkin we need to put a little Rhythm in it. Just kidding...

Today was kind of tough. I want to go, go ,and go some more but the go for now has just went up and gone.

I need to heal. I guess there are allot of stitches inside my neck also. The cut on my neck is about 8 inches across. it's going to take a few weeks for sure. Doc also took out some bone or the cyst would just grow back.

I did a phone lesson today with jerry from Tennessee and it really wore out my throat. Had to ice it down and just lay there. yesterday I did a full lesson. that was too soon.

I do have a big surprise I hope for the players I match up against. Especially the ones that bet a little higher.

I can't wait to play a little bit with my sparing partner at Brickyard, I think you know who that is, and show him the big improvement with the energy. Before I always had to worry about running out of gas. I had this infection in my throat for a long time.I'm talking years.

Many people have these cysts, some cancerous and some non. Mine was non but it still caused chronic infection constantly in the ears and sinuses. In 1986 I had sinus surgery and ear surgery. The reasons for the infections all the time was this darn cyst. Not as big as it was at the end here but caused allot of problems just the same.

In fact I could hardly turn my neck to the right at all any more. Eyes would burn and my tongue would burn. When it got as big as a tennis ball towards the end it felt like it was grinding on the throat with every turn of the neck.

I don't know exactly how I'm going to feel after I'm healed but the Doctor asked me what I wanted to do with the rest of my life kind of jokingly. He knew how much trouble this was causing.

First I need to heal and then I need to excersize. This might take a couple of months but I know it will be well worth the effort.

I'll be posting updates here for sure. Indy is right in my way so it will be a stop for sure.

Great poolhall, great owners and a super nice group of guys to play with and hang out wit.

Just when I was starting to think my pool days were numbered it seems like it will just get better.

Need to get some power rest right now.

Thanks again Danny. see ya for sure in the near future. 2 to 3 months from now. Can't wait..........:wink: