Karen Corr vs Linda Shea

JPNEWT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great match on livestream RIGHT now!

Linda Shea is actually up on Karen Corr 4-3 in our hot seat match. Karen Corr just took her player break. Resume in a minute or two.

Here is a link http://new.livestream.com/jpnewt

Click on the live event

JPNEWT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rematch in Finals!

Linda did win the first time 7-3 and Karen defeated the 18 year old Japan Open champ from Taiwaan to try and get her revenge!

Modified race to 9. If Linda gets to7 first the match is done. If Karen gets to 7 then they race to 9

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Yeah, I'm sure the list of people (women AND men) who have beaten Karen is pretty short. She probably has +75% match win percentage.

Karen will beat her in the final. No one there can beat her if she doesn't want to get beat.

justtapitin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5-2 Karen.

Doesn't appear to be playing with her usual McDaniel. Anybody know what's up with that?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Karen beats Linda 9-4.....played world class.

They are both good sports

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Linda shoots good, but there is only a few in the world that can beat Miss Corr. Johnnyt

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Karen took one of the worst beats I have ever seen in the 2009 World Championships in China. Up 5-1 in the finals going to 9 Karen was cruising for the win running out and missed the six and then 16 year old Liu Sha Sha won that game and then put a legitimate 5 pack on Karen to go up 7-5 iirc. Then Karen finally got another shot when Sha Sha scratched but she couldn't get out. Sha Sha won that game and then broke and ran to close it out and won the World Championship, having run out 6 racks from the break out of the last eight. Karen has been second several times unfortunately at the Worlds.

Here is the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ua2SIjm1I

Last edited:

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to see Linda playing good again, very nice person and does what ever she can for pool!

Back in Lindas prime she was a very good 14.1 player, I would think that she has a pretty high run in that game?

I believe in the 80s Linda was ranked 10th or higher in the world!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Karen took one of the worst beats I have ever seen in the 2009 World Championships in China. Up 5-1 in the finals going to 9 Karen was cruising for the win running out and missed the six and then 16 year old Liu Sha Sha won that game and then put a legitimate 5 pack on Karen to go up 7-5 iirc. Then Karen finall got another game but Sha Sha closed it out and won the World Championship. Karen has been second several times unfortunately at the Worlds.

Here is the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ua2SIjm1I

Yes, you got it right. I can remember watching that game like it was yesterday. That loss got into Karen's head for a good bit of time. Johnnyt