Anybody else do these kind of rail drills?

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
http://youtu.be/rYg9P8qTim4

Four Hangers

At LEAST three rails indirect, try to runout in four strokes. I've been able to get to 3 numerous times, finishing in five, but never four. Good quick drill to do to get the feel of the table(speed,rails,rolls if any). Also a fun game to play against someone just for a change a pace. Take turns and keep track of strokes or rails.

Thanks for viewing and let me know how you do if you give it a try.:thumbup:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Looks like fun. I'll give it a try.

Or, you could play it like regular games where you stay at the table until you miss and alternate breaks. Race to 20 seems like a good number.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made it to 2:24 and I couldn't take it anymore...after the 5 railer was struck too short AGAIN:cool:, I got frustrated.

I got children and 2 puppies at home. I ain't holdin no grown mans hand, he's gonna have to pay attention and learn for himself, dammit!

PocketPooler

Silver Member
I made it to 0:45, then hit to fast forward and seen the same balls in the pockets... I cringed...

I made it to 2:24 and I couldn't take it anymore...after the 5 railer was struck too short AGAIN:cool:, I got frustrated.

I got children and 2 puppies at home. I ain't holdin no grown mans hand, he's gonna have to pay attention and learn for himself, dammit!

J Soto

The NON-Myth
Silver Member
I don't see the point of doing this. Did you see this drill in a book or did you come up with it?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I thought I would see was a 'drill' that I used to do a lot, when I was on the first year or so of playing.

Balls in all 6 pockets, try to make them in as few shots as possible, various ways.

Of course you have the force-follow, but what was really useful was going from corner pocket hanger to side pocket one. Reall helped me get a guide to proper ob contact points and enabled me to develop the ability to scratch at almost any point when I play:angry:.

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
I got to about 1:30 then my eyes started to bleed.

short, short, short, scratch.

Learn the DIAMOND SYSTEM is my advice.

BTW thanks for posting. At least you're trying, I just couldn't stand to watch any more.

-von

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
Sorry

Jeez' , I forgot everyone on here is a world beater.....you all let me know when you do it in five or less.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to make a follow up video to my PIITH aiming system called Put it in the Rail. However it was pointed out to me that if you do the opposite of PIITH you're already beating up the rails, so the follow up wasn't needed.
Chuck

Sent from my iPhone
Any spelling errors I'm blaming on autocorrect :)