World Pool Masters 2014 predictions!

DutchPool

Registered
Once again a strong field of players!

Niels will be looking to defend his title while Shane will make another bid for his first Masters crown.
Also, an interesting match-up is Thorsten (not selected for Mosconi) vs Nick (selected for Mosconi).

I personally think Niels is gonna take some beating given his current form :thumbup:

Who are your picks?

All info can be found here:
http://www.matchroompool.com/world-...artypoker-world-pool-masters---complete-guide

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay. Shane was in the lead on the poll for the World Pool Masters last night, and all of a sudden, the Greek pulls out way in front for a HUGE lead with 318 votes. Looks like the entire country of Greece is voting for him since last night. :eek:

Come on, AzBilliards members. Please vote on this poll and show the world your support for our American champion: Shane Van Boening. :)

VOTE NOW: http://www.pro9.co.uk/html/poll.php

USA, ALL THE WAY

Go, Shane, go. Make us proud!

Attachments

• 51036.jpg
    51036.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 734

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sheesh! The Greek has 318 votes to Shane's 122 votes.

Vote for Shane. We can't let this Greek run away with the popularity vote. Come on and vote now. :)

Attachments

• vote-today1.jpg
    vote-today1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 731

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Here's the bracket for the World Pool Masters. Killer field!

Attachments

• wpm2.jpg
    wpm2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 724

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My prediction is that Shane beats Niels in the final. It's time for Shane to step it up overseas and think he's in a good spot here.

djyadj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody wonder why no Taiwanese players this year? :eek: :confused:
But some rather unknown faces :p

playdoubles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My prediction is that Shane beats Niels in the final. It's time for Shane to step it up overseas and think he's in a good spot here.

Looking at Darren's latest performances, he could also be the one to beat!
He's mentally strong and an unbelievable shotmaker - tough guy...

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Looking at Darren's latest performances, he could also be the one to beat!
He's mentally strong and an unbelievable shotmaker - tough guy...

Darren, a superstar of the highest order, is certainly in with a good chance, but in nine ball, Shane, after his breathtaking performance at the US Open 9-ball, is the hot player, and that's why I've got him winning this.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex, Darren, Dennis, Karol, Niels have won this before
These non winners will be hungrier to win :)
Chris Melling
Karl Boyes
Mark Gray
Mika Immonen
Nikos Ekonomopoulos
Shane
Thorsten Hohmann
Waleed Majid
Wang Can

Then if we look at the draw. the first match is always important as winning the first match will help player settle down.
The 2 top seeds Niels and Shane have easier 1st match. From 2nd match onwards will be no easy matches

Thorsten has something to prove since he was not selected for MC despite winning recent MC (Manny Pacquiao Cup).
After winning Accu-starts 8 ball few days ago undefeated against elite field, Darren will be in form (that is assuming form lasts for 1 week) and before home crowd MC like environment, he soaks up the atmosphere and will be a big favorite to win. But he does not have easy first match against Alex

IMHO here in my list of potential winners :
Top favorites
Darren
Shane
Thorsten

Dark horses
Chris Meiling
Nikos
Waleed
Wang Can

Yes that is a lot of names, If I have to choose only 1 name, then it is Darren :grin:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Here's the bracket for the World Pool Masters. Killer field!

Decent field, missing the elite from China like Ko and Chang. Wang Can is not the best they could have sent and a few of the people in that field are not quite as elite as the "Masters" should have.

djyadj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko & Chang is from Taiwan
China only got Li, Fu and Wang Can, rest of the others don't think they're there yet :wink:

Decent field, missing the elite from China like Ko and Chang. Wang Can is not the best they could have sent and a few of the people in that field are not quite as elite as the "Masters" should have.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sure would like to know how the Greek is getting all these votes on that poll.

Since this morning, only 19 people voted for Shane. Close to a hundred voted for Nikos the Greek. What's up with that?

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the rules? The web site links to BCA rules but is it 9 ball, alternating breaks, racked on spot?

Thanks in advance.

Don't count out Dennis Orcullo.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sure would like to know how the Greek is getting all these votes on that poll.

Since this morning, only 19 people voted for Shane. Close to a hundred voted for Nikos the Greek. What's up with that?

Meaningless poll, perhaps? The real results will be what happens on the table, and safe to say most Americans who actually watch these things will be rooting for Shane.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Ko & Chang is from Taiwan
China only got Li, Fu and Wang Can, rest of the others don't think they're there yet :wink:

Yeah, Ko Pin Yi beat Shane twice in the CSI 10-ball and, also during the CSI event, JL Chang was brilliant in beating Orcullo 21-18 in their 9-ball match.

Those guys sure made an impression!

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody know if this will be streamed in the US?

Doesn't look like there will be anything live available. I don't see anything on Sky Sports schedule, and from Matchroom's website:
"The Masters will once again sport a $20,000 top prize, and the event will be produced by Matchroom Sport Television who will be making 15 x 1 hour programmes of the tournament for international syndication."