Fight night Hennessee Vs Bart

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Hennessee gets out of his own way and the Smooth Criminal will become a speck in the rearview....

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a painful set to watch...we must view differently. Henny looking stronger even though they are pretty much tied. Waiting on Bartram to go on his run. Pretty good match score wise...the pace is slow as hell though. 20-20 after 6 hours of play is snail pace

Would you advise using a shot clock to eliminate this problem?

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Its up to the players and i feel we are ust lucky to watch. Im not about to advocate makiing demands on them.

Mikey im different then most, I love the long long matches even if it takes a long time.

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Its up to the players and i feel we are ust lucky to watch. Im not about to advocate makiing demands on them.

Mikey im different then most, I love the long long matches even if it takes a long time.

That makes sense, thanks.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member

The score a full 30 minutes later is 22-20...if they had a shot clock they'd be trading ball in hands. They have no rhythm at all. Nothing looks automatic they both don't look too comfortable to me.

I'm starting to remember why I stopped watching pool.

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The score a full 30 minutes later is 22-20...if they had a shot clock they'd be trading ball in hands. They have no rhythm at all. Nothing looks automatic they both don't look too comfortable to me.

Lol I only watch one pocket when I'm really bored

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
10 min per game is pretty rough... are they getting into safety battles every couple of balls?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Henny just took the lead. 19-18. Anyone not watching is missing out.

Very even match. This is taking forever. They're taking breaks like weak bladdered chain smokers.

Chris must have got him to agree to not talk after the last experience.

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't all other sports have a clock to promote consistent play?

I can relate, I like pool more than anything in the world and can't watch two games in a row. It's the same thing over and over, and if it's slow, it's that much tougher to focus on.

If basketball didn't have one, one team might hold on to the ball an entire quarter. They put these things in place to improve their product (the Game), it's a mystery to me why pool is always the exception, and not in a positive way.

We have a solution, and it's still going to be a long, uphill battle without any momentum.

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can relate, I like pool more than anything in the world and can't watch two games in a row. It's the same thing over and over, and if it's slow, it's that much tougher to focus on.

If basketball didn't have one, one team might hold on to the ball an entire quarter. They put these things in place to improve their product (the Game), it's a mystery to me why pool is always the exception, and not in a positive way.

We have a solution, and it's still going to be a long, uphill battle without any momentum.

If two basketball players wanted to play for the cheese with no shot clock shooting into a hockey net its their choice. Would still work and either people would watch or they wouldnt. I am loving this match. Its not like we have signed up for Shaw vs SVB. Its Henny and Bart. It is what it is.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like both these players personally, and hope they do well.

If two basketball players wanted to play for the cheese with no shot clock shooting into a hockey net its their choice. Would still work and either people would watch or they wouldnt. I am loving this match. Its not like we have signed up for Shaw vs SVB. Its Henny and Bart. It is what it is.

I'm not arguing, feel free to watch any match you choose. There's a problem and I offered a solution, no harm, no foul.

Enjoy your evening, I like both these players personally, and hope they do well.

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not arguing, feel free to watch any match you choose. There's a problem and I offered a solution, no harm, no foul.

Enjoy your evening, I like both these players personally, and hope they do well.

Always thinking how to fix stuff huh? Nothing wrong with that. Thanks CJ you as well.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wish both players the best of rolls.

Always thinking how to fix stuff huh? Nothing wrong with that. Thanks CJ you as well.

Thanks, these things are hard-wired into me from all the years in the service industry.

We actually used the times on the tickets to gauge our table service, and if it wasn't quick enough we had to improve the system.......or risk losing customers.

I take the same approach in other businesses, however, it's probably not necessary in this particular instance. Watch well, I'm sure it will be educational to observe this match - I wish both players the best of rolls.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Ever hear why time clocks were implemented in chess tournaments?

It happened in the 1930s......

Two players both sat leaning over the board....
For over eleven hours both stared at the board with nary a word or move....
Finally, one looked up at the other and said,
"Oh, is it my move?".......
And that is how the time clock came to be....

Will Prout

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris a great Grinder Henny trying to stay close till day 1 is over

Capture.JPG