I love Danny Diliberto but this commentary is brutal.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK... Enough with THIS thread for now... It's very hard from the commentators booth to be able to look down on the table and be able to tell much about the layout....

We have 2 monitors in the booth... 1 is the overhead which is also a telestrator type device which is quite small and the other is a program monitor which shows whatever the viewer is seeing... That one is even smaller than the first one....

I will promise you there will be a monitor in the booth for the next Accu-Stats event that is large enough to actually help out all of the commentators....

All I ask is to lay off for now and if we don't make it better next event have at it....

This was one of the things I looked at this event... Bigger displays for the booth and for ME (ie. who ever is doing the scores and tpas)... I am getting older and blinder and I need help probably as much as Danny and our commentators if not more.....

Chris

A bigger monitor is not going to help. I watched a match on my iPhone and could tell he was making bad calls over and over.

Lou Figueroa

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A bigger monitor is not going to help. I watched a match on my iPhone and could tell he was making bad calls over and over.

Lou Figueroa

Thats not fair Lou !...I don't have one, but a lot of my friends have Iphones and Ipads...You can magnify those things, to where you can see the 'lint' on the table ! (also, maybe "Viper Command is your Teacher") :cool:

SJD

Maybe thats the answer Chris...Get Danny an Iphone ? :p :p :p

Last edited:

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Thats not fair Lou !...I don't have one, but a lot of my friends do...You can magnify those things, to where you can see the 'lint' on the table ! (also, maybe "Viper Command is your Teacher") :cool:

SJD

Haha sadly the iphone likely does have better color than the 2 monitors we have setup for them...

Wish you could have made the trip out Dick. Hope you are doing well.. I had to work thru the HOF dinner but there were tons of people in attendance and they all said they had a blast.. Know Greg was inducted but that is about the extent of my knowledge of it... I also know no one has tried to do more for bank pool than he has so I am glad they included him...

Truman is having a big bank tournament at Michaels in Ohio in a cpl of weeks so maybe there will be more than just DCC and Red Shoes.. That is one tournament I really wish we were doing... Doing 10ball for the first 4 days with just the finals and semis of banks always leaves me feeling like we missed out on too much of the banks which is a big part of the flavor of DCC....

Chris

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats not fair Lou !...I don't have one, but a lot of my friends do...You can magnify those things, to where you can see the 'lint' on the table ! (also, maybe "Viper Command is your Teacher") :cool:

SJD

lol, Viper Command.

You know, SJD, it's not about the view. It really just boils down to having kept up with how pocket has changed and evolved over the years -- it's not your grandma's 1pocket anymore.

It is different nowadays and I can say -- having paid for and watched dozens and dozens of 1pocket Accu-Stats productions and having heard the commentary done well and not so well -- some guys do the commentary well, and others are stuck in the past and do it not so well.

Lou Figueroa

GoldenFlash

Banned
Diliberto did very well yesterday.
He didn't mention boxing or beating anyone up a single time.
Somebody must have woke him up.
I know, I know, he misses predictions right and left, but he usually owns up to it and then keeps on going.
I don't like the guy when he is doing all his "I am baaad" stuff and that's all I have to gripe about with him
He knows pool inside and out, was a great player, and blows most commentators away.
He's still learning....even if he is as old as the world. :wink:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha sadly the iphone likely does have better color than the 2 monitors we have setup for them...

Wish you could have made the trip out Dick. Hope you are doing well.. I had to work thru the HOF dinner but there were tons of people in attendance and they all said they had a blast.. Know Greg was inducted but that is about the extent of my knowledge of it... I also know no one has tried to do more for bank pool than he has so I am glad they included him...

Truman is having a big bank tournament at Michaels in Ohio in a cpl of weeks so maybe there will be more than just DCC and Red Shoes.. That is one tournament I really wish we were doing... Doing 10ball for the first 4 days with just the finals and semis of banks always leaves me feeling like we missed out on too much of the banks which is a big part of the flavor of DCC....

Chris

Chris, I have no problem with bank pool, it is a very competitive game..But, as I like to tease my good friend Brumback, it IS, and will always be, a 'nitch game' !..The only place in the entire world it is popular, is in isolated parts of the mid-west..(Chicago, Kentucky etc.)..If you will notice, the Jansco's recognized that from the beginning, and even though they lived in the heart of bank pool country, they never included it in any of their big tournaments !..

Greg Sullivan loves the game (and thats cool) so he has tried to make it a big part of the DCC !...But, there are great player's world wide, who have never even played a game of bank pool, and with good reason...Unlesss you were from that small, confined area, there was NO action at the game.

I'm sure you've noticed, when top player's match up, it is always one pocket, or some rotation game... Its been that way forever, and I don't see that ever changing...Do you ?

Best to you my friend,

Dick

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

SJD

iPhone ............ I can't help but laugh. Hilarious is hilarious .
Lou likely missed my "viper command" poke on the counta I'm on ignore lol.........
<~~~~~~~~~~~ not on Lou's Xmas list :D
I still hope Spidey does the SJD meets CJ cartoon

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Mark is also 6'4 and can see over the equipment in the booth without even trying and his eyes may still be perfect.... He had problems in several instances and I know this because I see every minute of the broadcast and hear the commentary the whole time as welll... My mind is numb for over 100 hours of it but I still can recall the areas we can be better in......

I am offering up a way that the problem can be fixed... I understand that takes the air out of you knock balloon but that's what we do... We fix problems......... we don't just wait for someone to offer us some cheese with our whine... You can keep posting on the thread but I just told you what we can and will do... It's up to you......

Chris

I don't know about the monitors for the commentators that Accu-stats is using today, but the monitors that they were using when I sat in the booth in the past with Billy Gibbs are way TOO SMALL.

It does help to have 20/15 vision but a larger monitor helps even people with perfect vision.

JoeyA

John Brumback

Silver Member
Chris, I have no problem with bank pool, it is a very competitive game..But, as I like to tease my good friend Brumback, it IS, and will always be, a 'nitch game' !..The only place in the entire world it is popular, is in isolated parts of the mid-west..(Chicago, Kentucky etc.)..If you will notice, the Jansco's recognized that from the beginning, and even though they lived in the heart of bank pool country, they never included it in any of their big tournaments !..

Greg Sullivan loves the game (and thats cool) so he has tried to make it a big part of the DCC !...But, there are great player's world wide, who have never even played a game of bank pool, and with good reason...Unlesss you were from that small, confined area, there was NO action at the game.

I'm sure you've noticed, when top player's match up, it is always one pocket, or some rotation game... Its been that way forever, and I don't see that ever changing...Do you ?

Best to you my friend,

Dick

Yes Dick,we can be friends but bank pool IS THE MOST SKILLFUL, pool game with THE least amount of "luck" than any pool game you can try to find. Respectfully,John B.

PS: I can't help it that you hate it....and I do grow very tried of you knocking my game.How about you quit knocking it and we can still be friends?? Best to you my friend,

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes Dick,we can be friends but bank pool IS THE MOST SKILLFUL, pool game with THE least amount of "luck" than any pool game you can try to find. Respectfully,John B.

PS: I can't help it that you hate it....and I do grow very tried of you knocking my game.How about you quit knocking it and we can still be friends?? Best to you my friend,

The biggest field of players at DCC is the Bank Pool division. This year they had 413 players! So I guess someone likes to play Banks. One other thing I will add is that Banks is the pool game where luck plays a very small part in the outcome of any match. EVERY shot must be a clean bank, you cannot luck a ball in! In every other pool game there are opportunities to get lucky and make a ball. Not so in Banks. You're going to have to make the balls to win the game! :wink:

John Brumback

Silver Member
The biggest field of players at DCC is the Bank Pool division. This year they had 413 players! So I guess someone likes to play Banks. One other thing I will add is that Banks is the pool game where luck plays a very small part in the outcome of any match. EVERY shot must be a clean bank, you cannot luck a ball in! In every other pool game there are opportunities to get lucky and make a ball. Not so in Banks. You're going to have to make the balls to win the game! :wink:

Bravo!!! John B.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diliberto did very well yesterday.
He didn't mention boxing or beating anyone up a single time.
Somebody must have woke him up.
I know, I know, he misses predictions right and left, but he usually owns up to it and then keeps on going.
I don't like the guy when he is doing all his "I am baaad" stuff and that's all I have to gripe about with him
He knows pool inside and out, was a great player, and blows most commentators away.
He's still learning....even if he is as old as the world. :wink:

Ive never heard him with any kind of "I am Bad" attitude and it's never him that brings up his boxing and i never even heard him add "I was undefeated" which 75% of people would try to get in there. Just not hearing what you are.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Ive never heard him with any kind of "I am Bad" attitude and it's never him that brings up his boxing and i never even heard him add "I was undefeated" which 75% of people would try to get in there. Just not hearing what you are.

You know I am friends with Danny and have heard the stories live and in the booth and until you put that out there I don't think I knew he was undefeated... Maybe he has said it and I missed it but if it was me you'd hear me saying it all the dang time LOL...

Oh wait... I AM UNDEFEATED!!!!

0-0 in the ring... That chit looks like it would hurt :p

Chris

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The biggest field of players at DCC is the Bank Pool division. This year they had 413 players! So I guess someone likes to play Banks. One other thing I will add is that Banks is the pool game where luck plays a very small part in the outcome of any match. EVERY shot must be a clean bank, you cannot luck a ball in! In every other pool game there are opportunities to get lucky and make a ball. Not so in Banks. You're going to have to make the balls to win the gam
e! :wink:

I'm sorry, and with all due respect for the bank pool players and a wonderful game that I sincerely admire -- you hold a bank pool tournament anywhere other than an area close to Kentucky and you get squadoush for entries.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

GoldenFlash

Banned
BALONEY!
He's ALWAYS bringing up something about his career in the ring or "somebody said, when I was in boxing", that so and so...etc. etc. etc.
That little shrimp wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds with that mouth in a no nonsense pool room. (Yea, yea, yea, I know all about his "records" and all that stuff, but he was still just a lightweight with weak hands)
Some 175 pound guy with credentials from the proper training would've dropped him with a spinning back kick to the head so fast he would've taken 6 months in the hospital to get well....if ever.
I used to play $2 bank pool every Sunday morning for years at the Tower Bowl at the foot of Broadway in San Diego with Archie Moore when he was Light Heavy Champ of the world. As fine a man as you'd ever want to know, BUT he hated talking about his profession. "Real hitters don't talk about it" was what old Mongoose used to say.
As long as Diliberto stays on topic (pool and pool related stories) he's one of the best, if not THE best......otherwise he's just another boring old rundown pool hustler at the end of the line
And that's my take on him.......GREAT CHAMPIONSHIP pool player, great conman, great prop and gaff, good odds man, (much more clever than Incardona) but nothing else. :wink:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry, and with all due respect for the bank pool players and a wonderful game that I sincerely admire -- you hold a bank pool tournament anywhere other than an area close to Kentucky and you get squadoush for entries.

Lou Figueroa

Now Lou, after Jay got John B. all pumped up about bank pool...you shoot him down again ! :frown: ..But, Jay did forgot to mention two things !..Most bank pool entries (at DCC) use that as a way to get a free pass, to sweat everything else !..Greg has been smart enough to keep it that way..He has also admitted, the 'buy-back' in the banks tournament is dismal. :eek: (compared to the other disciplines)

PS..But I still WUV John "Bank Pool Champion" Brumback !..Bank's sure beats the hell out of 3c billiards !..At least its growing..(instead of completely dead :sorry:) :p

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
BALONEY!
He's ALWAYS bringing up something about his career in the ring or "somebody said, when I was in boxing", that so and so...etc. etc. etc.
That little shrimp wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds with that mouth in a no nonsense pool room. (Yea, yea, yea, I know all about his "records" and all that stuff, but he was still just a lightweight with weak hands)
Some 175 pound guy with credentials from the proper training would've dropped him with a spinning back kick to the head so fast he would've taken 6 months in the hospital to get well....if ever.
I used to play $2 bank pool every Sunday morning for years at the Tower Bowl at the foot of Broadway in San Diego with Archie Moore when he was Light Heavy Champ of the world. As fine a man as you'd ever want to know, BUT he hated talking about his profession. "Real hitters don't talk about it" was what old Mongoose used to say.
As long as Diliberto stays on topic (pool and pool related stories) he's one of the best, if not THE best......otherwise he's just another boring old rundown pool hustler at the end of the line
And that's my take on him.......GREAT CHAMPIONSHIP pool player, great conman, great prop and gaff, good odds man, (much more clever than Incardona) but nothing else. :wink:

There were 4 brothers in Chicago, they ALL won the 'Golden Gloves!' the were the O'shae brothers, Mike, Rory, Tommy and Patrick. They were some of the toughest guys around Chi-Town in the 60's -70's. Mike was the toughest street fighter, with a chin like granite and a right-hand like a sledge hammer! Tommy was the smartest fighter, NEVER looked for trouble, but, never ducked it. Patrick, the youngest never fought past the 'Golden Gloves'. But, Rory, He was the BEST, turned PRO, handled by Angelo Dundee. Rory was VERY fast and accurate with his punches, NEVER stopped coming forward and sliced so called 'Heavyweights' to pieces, just weighing in at 165. Those, so called 'round-house kickers' got knocked on their asses before they lifted their legs! There's something about getting, 'Your bell rung' from a well planted right-hand square on the chin that gives those, 'Kickers' pause!

Danny is most likely the MOST accomplished varied cueist athlete of His generation, He's a good friend of mine, and has ALWAYS put forth a 110% effort at all He's endeavoured! Yes, the game of 1 hole has evolved, but, the basic fundamentals and strategies will always be there for a seasoned player to point out for ALL to appreciate and understand the game a little better!

GoldenFlash

Banned

There were 4 brothers in Chicago, they ALL won the 'Golden Gloves!' the were the O'shae brothers, Mike, Rory, Tommy and Patrick. They were some of the toughest guys around Chi-Town in the 60's -70's. Mike was the toughest street fighter, with a chin like granite and a right-hand like a sledge hammer! Tommy was the smartest fighter, NEVER looked for trouble, but, never ducked it. Patrick, the youngest never fought past the 'Golden Gloves'. But, Rory, He was the BEST, turned PRO, handled by Angelo Dundee. Rory was VERY fast and accurate with his punches, NEVER stopped coming forward and sliced so called 'Heavyweights' to pieces, just weighing in at 165. Those, so called 'round-house kickers' got knocked on their asses before they lifted their legs! There's something about getting, 'Your bell rung' from a well planted right-hand square on the chin that gives those, 'Kickers' pause!
You don't know jack about maximum martial arts......ZERO.
We not talking about no "marquis of queensbury", bud. There ain't gonna be any "well planted right", like NONE. Your Rory will have a broken knee and be on the sidewalk before he makes the first jab....wake up, man. You've lived too long, your kind of Angelo Dundee days are over.
Gone with the wind........just like straight pool and Irving Crane. GONE!
Furthermore, the famous "big bad Chi-Town" was mostly BS....just like your post.
All those "baaaaaaaaaaaaad" hombres had to do was to go out to 47th and Vincennes to display their Golden Gloves skills. (never to be seen again).
Stick to hassling with that San Jose Dick guy.....you're more in his league.
Run down pool hustlers....old, grouchy, lost in the past,....................and BROKE.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
You don't know jack about maximum martial arts......ZERO.
We not talking about no "marquis of queensbury", bud. There ain't gonna be any "well planted right", like NONE. Your Rory will have a broken knee and be on the sidewalk before he makes the first jab....wake up, man. You've lived too long, your kind of Angelo Dundee days are over.
Gone with the wind........just like straight pool and Irving Crane. GONE!
Furthermore, the famous "big bad Chi-Town" was mostly BS....just like your post.
All those "baaaaaaaaaaaaad" hombres had to do was to go out to 47th and Vincennes to display their Golden Gloves skills. (never to be seen again).
Stick to hassling with that San Jose Dick guy.....you're more in his league.
Run down pool hustlers....old, grouchy, lost in the past,....................and BROKE.

You sound like a guy that's been on the wrong end of some of those, right-hands!
Guys that usually talk like you, can't punch or kick they're way out of a paper bag! Or should I say, 'ALL hot air in a bag!'

Sounds also like sour grapes about Chi-Town, from your persona, you probably left your money and your a$$ there!

But, don't feel bad, you're NOT the first to leave there with the 'Red a$$ and BROKE!'

P.S. I'm glad YOU feel, YOU know my finances better than me!