Ringwork.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 829
  • WeightBolts.jpg
    WeightBolts.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 824

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
based on you being in Colorado, maybe it's an Ernie Martinez made cue. I know he used that brown phenolic.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
based on you being in Colorado, maybe it's an Ernie Martinez made cue. I know he used that brown phenolic.

Ernie did use that type of brown phenolic, but it's definitely not one of his cues.
Maybe Andy Gilbert, now that I've seen better pics than I saw the other day, I don't think
it's a Coker either.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eddie farris made a # of there sw look alikes.
Ussually signed so light in pencil as to be hard to read.

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ugh, who is the guy down in kentucky? Has made SW type cues on and off for several years...on the tip of my tongue...les blevins?.He might use brass pin though
That's beaut, been looking for a Birdseye maple cue to put a cork wrap on...Gary Medlin also used this type of style but i think those were marked GEM on the butt cap.
Or a Derek Lanthem

Last edited:

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That right there is a Jerry Rauenzahn, from the 80's if memory serves. It was for sale here a few months back. If I remember right, one of the shafts is 30" and around 12mm and the other two are closer to full size. I love the look of that cue.

ADAM HENSON

---🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟--
Silver Member
Wish I could help ya out with a maker, all I know is it's a nice one..!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Some of you guys impress me with your ability to figure out who built these cues. What was it about this cue which made you know it was a Gilbert?

The pin, ringwork, and it looked like a Gilbert, plus I saw another "unknown" cue that I suspected was a Gilbert.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gilbert Here - Rauenzahn Over There

Gotta love Facebook.

I wonder what the buyer thought he was buying?

Attachments

• Cue ID.JPG
    Cue ID.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 347

DogLoop

Doing some cueing ?
Silver Member
The pin, ringwork, and it looked like a Gilbert, plus I saw another "unknown" cue that I suspected was a Gilbert.

My first guess was Showcase ... until I saw under the bumper.
I'm with Ted on this one; Gilbert.