Looking for a coach

rookie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes sir iam very interested. Would you like me to message you so we can get details worked out.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Rookie, get in touch with Scott and schedule a lesson if you have not already. I took lesson recently and it was well worth it. GL

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Sometimes things can be so easy :)
Empty your cup...and you will benefit for a lifetime spending time with Scott :thumbup:

rookie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Scott but I think I have found someone local that iam going to try. I will for sure keep you in mind in the future.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just looked at this list of instructors in my area and they can't beat me. I'm looking for instruction but not from someone that knows less than I do. Hopefully, I can arrange some lessons with Mr Lee. I'm very open minded but the guys I know on this list can't teach me anything.

does the coach have to be better than the student???
vince lombardi was a good coach
paul anacone was a good coach
hanks is a good swing coach
none of them could play better than their student
but they could TEACH
just sayin

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does the coach have to be better than the student???
vince lombardi was a good coach
paul anacone was a good coach
hanks is a good swing coach
none of them could play better than their student
but they could TEACH
just sayin

.....And they could PLAY at one time or another in their careers.

If you're teaching beginners and you can't play better than them, then I think you should reconsider your career choice.

Also, the same goes for intermediate players. If you're a teacher whose skills aren't better than that intermediate player, you can't expect to get respect from that player. You should be able to demonstrate what you're teaching at that level ---- at the least.

At advanced levels, it changes slightly, but overall, that instructor will have to have an incredible body of knowledge to train an advanced player.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
.....And they could PLAY at one time or another in their careers.

If you're teaching beginners and you can't play better than them, then I think you should reconsider your career choice.

Also, the same goes for intermediate players. If you're a teacher whose skills aren't better than that intermediate player, you can't expect to get respect from that player. You should be able to demonstrate what you're teaching at that level ---- at the least.

At advanced levels, it changes slightly, but overall, that instructor will have to have an incredible body of knowledge to train an advanced player.

fran
of course i agree with your post
since you are the expert ....:)
but mitch who implied that since he can beat the instructors they couldnt teach him anything
thats where i disagreed
if he is looking to learn more in depth strategy/shot selection etc than yes a player better than him would probably be able to help him
but
its possible he could have some problems with mechanics
and thats whats holding him back
and in my opinion an inferior player but superior instructor could pick up on and help him find a way to improve his fundamentals??
do you agree?

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not so stubborn that I know it's possible to learn something from virtually anyone. However, why would I pay money to someone who knows less than I do?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not so stubborn that I know it's possible to learn something from virtually anyone. However, why would I pay money to someone who knows less than I do?

since i dont know how you play or what you know or what it is you are trying to learn
my only answer is sometimes the person doesnt know what they dont know....:D
just sayin
good luck with your game and finding an instructor you deem worthy
i am not a certified instructor and not a great player either
so take my comments for what they are
just my humble opinion

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fran
of course i agree with your post
since you are the expert ....:)
but mitch who implied that since he can beat the instructors they couldnt teach him anything
thats where i disagreed
if he is looking to learn more in depth strategy/shot selection etc than yes a player better than him would probably be able to help him
but
its possible he could have some problems with mechanics
and thats whats holding him back
and in my opinion an inferior player but superior instructor could pick up on and help him find a way to improve his fundamentals??
do you agree?

I think it's possible, but I think it's rare for it to be successful at beginning and intermediate levels. At those levels, I think you have to know how to 'walk the walk,' and not just 'talk the talk,' if you know what I mean.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think it's possible, but I think it's rare for it to be successful at beginning and intermediate levels. At those levels, I think you have to know how to 'walk the walk,' and not just 'talk the talk,' if you know what I mean.
i know what you mean
and thanks for taking the time to reply