July 20-23 Fight Night 15 & 16 Double Header! Big Table 10 Ball & 9 Ball

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is Oscar playing? Sub par or is Justin that good?

Justin is a better player than Oscar hands down
Much more well rounded

Justin break sucks and he still wins unbelievable really

Oscar been playing non stop on his mezz tour etc

Justin wins by 12 for me

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oscars needs to win 28 to justin 18 so needs to win 55% more.Its game over
Donald Trump has better chance of becoming POTUS :grin:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
How is Oscar playing? Sub par or is Justin that good?

TBH, Oscar seems to have been left behind by a few of the better players in North America.

Oscar beat John Morra pretty soundly the first time they played a long set. Morra has gotten a lot better since then and has played a lot of pro pool all over the world and in their recent rematch Morra drilled Oscar.

Bergman played Morra long ago, back when Morra and Bergman both were far lesser players than they are today and Bergman won. If they played another match today I think it would be close, with Morra being a very slight favorite simply due to his being more active on the pro circuit.

After the way Oscar got beat by Morra in the recent match they played I did not think he would be a favorite in this match with Bergman. Bergman and Morra both got a lot better in the last few years, Oscar has not really improved from the speed he played 5 years ago from what I see, the Oscar that beat a young Morra years ago might have in fact been a little better than the Oscar of today.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Capture.JPG..............

Dopc

www.PoolActionTV.com
Silver Member
Congratulations to Justin Bergman, winner of PoolActionTV's Fight Night #015.

Justin relentlessly avoided Oscar's safes with his mule like kicking abilities. Both Justin and Oscar had a few 10 ball follies playing on such extreme tight pocket conditions, this table is brutal for rotation games.

Justin maintained his composure throughout the match, even when faced with the most grueling of circumstances. However, there were a few instances of frustration surfacing with a few shaft taps to the rail, understandable for the amount at stake and on the line.

Oscar Dominguez put up a good fight, but he just couldn't rally at the end to tie it up. Oscar appeared to me to look a little fatigued, he has been on a marathon of pool competition in the many days leading up to this match.

He failed to make up the nine game deficit left from night one, despite nearly matching Justin with games on night two. At the end, he shook hands with Justin and congratulated him showing his class as a person, and a competitor.

This was a fantastic match to watch, It was a treat seeing two fierce players battle, yet be courteous to each other all the while showing one another mutual respect. Both players showed true professionalism in that regard, and should be a model for all to follow.

Wednesday July 22nd, Oscar Dominguez will be back in the box yet again against Sky Woodward on this very same table for PoolActionTV's Fight Night #016. The action begins at 2pm PST/5pm ESt. There will be a 3 hour break so as not to conflict with other streaming events taking place. They will be back in action following the completion of the previously mentioned event. Don't miss out on the event, killer pool will be on display for all to enjoy.

Get your event pass for Fight Night #016www.PoolActionTV.com www.PoolActionTV.com

FI7P52k.png

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
To me, it got to the point where I couldn't watch any more. Justin fretted over each shot, got up and down many times, looked at many shots from both sides and usually took a long time to shoot. Oscar too was grinding more than usual and didn't have his usual flow.

Last edited:

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TBH, Oscar seems to have been left behind by a few of the better players in North America.

Oscar beat John Morra pretty soundly the first time they played a long set. Morra has gotten a lot better since then and has played a lot of pro pool all over the world and in their recent rematch Morra drilled Oscar.

Bergman played Morra long ago, back when Morra and Bergman both were far lesser players than they are today and Bergman won. If they played another match today I think it would be close, with Morra being a very slight favorite simply due to his being more active on the pro circuit.

After the way Oscar got beat by Morra in the recent match they played I did not think he would be a favorite in this match with Bergman. Bergman and Morra both got a lot better in the last few years, Oscar has not really improved from the speed he played 5 years ago from what I see, the Oscar that beat a young Morra years ago might have in fact been a little better than the Oscar of today.

Bergman is #5 on the US list at 776
Oscar is #16 on the US list at 757

The FargoRate prediction for this match was Bergman 80, Oscar 70

Morra is a a smidge above Bergman at 778. In fact Morra and Bergman are at #s 47 and 49 on the world list.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman is #5 on the US list at 776

Oscar is #16 on the US list at 757

The FargoRate prediction for this match was Bergman 80, Oscar 70

Morra is a a smidge above Bergman at 778. In fact Morra and Bergman are at #s 47 and 49 on the world list.

Will you be publishing these soon?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To me, it got to the point where I couldn't watch any more. Justin fretted over each shot, got up and down many times, looked at many shots from both sides and usually took a long time to shoot. Oscar too was grinding more than usual and didn't have his usual flow.

Yes it was horribly boring- i didnt see a SINGLE spectator on site watching the match though the room looked full. That's how bad it was. I paid for both nights and if i watched 12 games total, it was a lot.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
For those that werer bored, I'm sure Sky will pick up the pace a lil tonight. ;)

Yes, I'm going to give that match a go. I really wanted to get a look at both Bergman and Woodward, who I've hardly seen play. Being from L.A. I've watched (and played) Oscar a lot. I truly enjoy watching him play and especially his strategy. Both him and his dad are two of the smartest players I've had the privilege of playing. He looked a little off last night - probably the grind just got to him.

Do you guys know if Bergman always plays that slow?

Last edited: