Ko Pin-Yi. Best player on earth.

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does winning worlds really make him the best player? Look at SVB's resume, and look and Ko Pin Yi's. Shanes resume looks much better, right? He has won many more major championships then Ko, right?

Lmao here we go again with the fanboys...

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope Ko dethrones Shane in the finals of the US Open.

2070063.jpg

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Has he beaten Ko in either world championship?

To be the man, you have to beat the man.

Does winning worlds really make him the best player? Look at SVB's resume, and look and Ko Pin Yi's. Shanes resume looks much better, right? He has won many more major championships then Ko, right?

Has he beaten Ko in either world championship?

To be the man, you have to beat the man.

Does the US Open not have just as strong of a field of players as Worlds? Look at how many times Shane has won that tournament. Please forgive me if it is a fact that Worlds is a much more dificult tournament to win.

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the US Open not have just as strong of a field of players as Worlds? Look at how many times Shane has won that tournament. Please forgive me if it is a fact that Worlds is a much more dificult tournament to win.

Fields are way more deep in world championships

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
In my opinion the US open does not have just as strong as a field as the Worlds. Probably half the field of the open is dead money. Many good regional players, but in actuality probably only 20 killers and of those only perhaps 5 that are odds on favorite.

The US open is also a true double elimination tourney, which means you have another chance if you lose once. The worlds with the round robin seeding and then single slim after that means you have to play perfect every match. Lose once and you are out.

Those things IMHO make the word championship a harder tourney to win.

CanonShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Absolutely Not. Not even close

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's Ko's abbreviated resume

2015 WPA World 9b 1st
2015' WPA World 10b 1st
2015 World Cup Scotch doubles 1st

2014 CSI Invitational 10b 1st
2014 CSI 10b Challenge vs SVB 1st

2013 All Japan 1st

2011 Guinness WSOP 1st
2011 All Japan 1st

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why Efren stated always " I was lucky "?

Because he was. Winning tournament always need some luck. Efren know this and that why he always mentioned this.

Ko Pin Yi is lucky too. There was even thread here because he was so lucky at 2015 9-ball world champ finals..

I think there is 3-6 world best players.

IMO
Alex Pagulayan, SVB, Wu Qian Jin and Ko Pin Yi are above rest atm.
You really can´t put them any order. Or maybe you can but not without strong influence from your personal feeling.

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
Here's Ko's abbreviated resume

2015 WPA World 9b 1st
2015' WPA World 10b 1st
2015 World Cup Scotch doubles 1st

2014 CSI Invitational 10b 1st
2014 CSI 10b Challenge vs SVB 1st

2013 All Japan 1st

2011 Guinness WSOP 1st
2011 All Japan 1st
And he's only 26, so he may have not even hit his prime yet...