CTE for Top USA pros

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and personally, I think he played much better before he started using CTE...

Now he fidgets and moves around, trying line things up and change pivots..missing more shots than he ever did..

Prior to CTE, he would get down and run out..

You beat me to it, Stevie's game has fallen off big time since the switch.

djyadj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and personally, I think he played much better before he started using CTE...

Now he fidgets and moves around, trying line things up and change pivots..missing more shots than he ever did..

Prior to CTE, he would get down and run out..

Is that transition in 2013?
Saw him played in 2013 he did well but seems like he'd took some time on shots most of the time.
Just checked his finishes, and in 2012 he actually bumped into SVB in 3 finals :eek:
And they were DCC, SBE, USBTC 10ball all major events with tough fields!
I'd consider that some very well performance or high level of play. (He lost all three times, but who could meet up with SVB in finals three times a year in US soil?! That was definitely something!)
But after that it seems like either he doesn't compete actively anymore or that his game deteriorates that much as you guys pointed out, I've no way to find out since he doesn't show up on stream tables anymore.. It's always sad to see a decent play went downhill, I mean he's not even old yet..

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cte pro one students

Landon 2-0 against Earl 1-0 against J Morra.

Landon won against Burgman in Cinn. 1st set 9-1 Justin pulled up second set...in the finals
Justin won against Landon in the 8 ball same weekend...Justin 1st Landon 3rd

Landon - 3 Kentucky titles. 7 straight national championships he has played in.

Matt Krah has won at least 25 events in the NE

BRIAN Parks. 2-3 national championships

Phil Burford. Numerous Europen Gb9 events

Duke Laha 200 plus ball run CTE

Tyler Styer, CTE INSTRUCTOR, just won $2000 added event in WI. WON against J Bowman twice

CTE pro one is alive and well!

Jason Klatt learned CTE and a year later when he got 6th at the Open....Sarah shared that he attributed his improved game to CTE...
He worked in pool room and got after it for a year.....This a Sarah report to me.

And more......others I will not mention.....

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Landon won against Burgman in Cinn. 1st set 9-1 Justin pulled up second set...in the finals

Tyler Styer, CTE INSTRUCTOR, just won $2000 added event in WI. WON against J Bowman twice

Jason Klatt learned CTE and a year later when he got 6th at the Open....Sarah shared that he attributed his improved game to CTE...
He worked in pool room and got after it for a year.....This a Sarah report to me.

Stan Shuffett

Does Corey deuel still use CTE? You know, quietly?

:rolleyes:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Corey deuel still use CTE? You know, quietly?

:rolleyes:

I know that Phil put a 11-2 score on Corey the same year I got 25th at the Open.. Corey was very impressed and complimentary afterwards, not just to Phil but to me as well.

If Corey is using the CTE I know he is not telling anyone and hopes that I do not either.

Stan Shuffett

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you provide some examples of possible or "sample" answers to questions 5, 6, and 7?

By the way, I just bought you're first DVD and look forward to viewing it.

Thanks.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you provide some examples of possible or "sample" answers to questions 5, 6, and 7?

By the way, I just bought you're first DVD and look forward to viewing it.

Thanks.

Great question.....best place to address your concerns specifically would be in the future with a YouTube video....I will put it on my list.
Thank you !!
Stan Shuffett

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The man is putting his money where his mouth is. Maybe you should wait to pass judgement.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt is playing about the same he has played since he was 18 (I've known him since he was 13 or 14). He still can't beat Josh Brothers, who he grew up with, and Josh picks up a cue once a year now. The reason he wins all those tournaments now, is the top players in the Philly area all quit 10 years ago. He is the only one left, and he plays in every event. Now, Matt is a GREAT person, and a great player. I'm not saying a single bad thing about him. But ask the locals, he is about the same as he was 10 years ago. He didn't magically become a better player after learning CTE.

Brandon Shuff was on here that he learned CTE/Pro1 (or maybe you or someone else mentioned it, I forget) 2 or 3 years ago. He hasn't climbed the ranks. He's still a low to mid level US pro. He's never won a high profile tournament before CTE, and has not after CTE.

The other players you cite, were WORLD beaters as kids, before learning any aiming system. Guess what, they are still world beaters. But, they certainly did not jump to Efren level worldbeater after learning this system.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couldn't you just send all the pros a free DVD? Seems easy enough to figure out without private lessons.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Endorsements can be bought and pool players are not a particularly tough crowd in this regard.

BTW, what did all those academic institutions think about your body of "work" that you sent in for their study and assessment?

Lou Figueroa

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stan Shuffett

Matt Krah was winning long before he learned CTE and I have yet to see where there was any improvement to speak of

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt is playing about the same he has played since he was 18 (I've known him since he was 13 or 14). He still can't beat Josh Brothers, who he grew up with, and Josh picks up a cue once a year now. The reason he wins all those tournaments now, is the top players in the Philly area all quit 10 years ago. He is the only one left, and he plays in every event. Now, Matt is a GREAT person, and a great player. I'm not saying a single bad thing about him. But ask the locals, he is about the same as he was 10 years ago. He didn't magically become a better player after learning CTE.

Brandon Shuff was on here that he learned CTE/Pro1 (or maybe you or someone else mentioned it, I forget) 2 or 3 years ago. He hasn't climbed the ranks. He's still a low to mid level US pro. He's never won a high profile tournament before CTE, and has not after CTE.

The other players you cite, were WORLD beaters as kids, before learning any aiming system. Guess what, they are still world beaters. But, they certainly did not jump to Efren level worldbeater after learning this system.

Why do you keep equating aiming to being an overall better player? It makes no sense whatsoever. Surely you know by now that the game involves much, much more than just aiming. CTE is not some magic pill to suddenly make one a champion. No one that endorses it has ever said it is. Your claims to what the system, or any system are supposed to do are totally unwarranted.

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the DVD's and can't figure out the shift/pivot. I am neutral at this point. I've asked Landon to come over and explain it to me. He said he would but time didn't allow, then summer came, he went home from college, and I haven't approached him a second time. (I own Teachers Billiards located near his college)

And, I think the comments about 'what has so and so done since learning CTE', as an attempt to discredit CTE, is a bit unfair. There is a lot more to the game than aiming/alignment. You still have to develop a stroke, deal with pressure, deal with all the mental aspects of the game, etc etc.

I would like to finish my understanding of CTE.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Why do you keep equating aiming to being a better overall player? It makes no sense whatsoever."

Ah....then what's the point?

I don't think you're doing Stan any favors here.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Endorsements can be bought and pool players are not a particularly tough crowd in this regard.

BTW, what did all those academic institutions think about your body of "work" that you sent in for their study and assessment?

Lou Figueroa

Are you doubting my word? I am after it and my emails and phone records will verify that and actually I have been steered by a leading visual scientist to a world class visual team at a reasonably close university........do you doubt me.......I can prove that....very recent occurrence. Please do not think that my total integrity on this matter is not all in.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I bought the DVD's and can't figure out the shift/pivot. I am neutral at this point. I've asked Landon to come over and explain it to me. He said he would but time didn't allow, then summer came, he went home from college, and I haven't approached him a second time. (I own Teachers Billiards located near his college)

And, I think the comments about 'what has so and so done since learning CTE', as an attempt to discredit CTE, is a bit unfair. There is a lot more to the game than aiming/alignment. You still have to develop a stroke, deal with pressure, deal with all the mental aspects of the game, etc etc.

I would like to finish my understanding of CTE.

I think some are putting the cart before the horse when they say that there is more to playing well & improving than just aiming.

The thing is that many that have been mentioned already have those other things & hence IF they improve their aim with what is supposed to be an objective method then they should not miss after CTE that shot they would have missed before & that should result in more wins, no question, & a move up.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
"Why do you keep equating aiming to being a better overall player? It makes no sense whatsoever."

Ah....then what's the point?

I don't think you're doing Stan any favors here.

Some simply can not see their lack of rationale & hypocrisy of 'arguments'.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
CTE is a professional system.

For the calendar years of 2016/17 I am inviting and offering complete training for 8 top USA pro players in real CENTER-TO-EDGE aiming. The duration of training will be 3-14 days, whatever is needed, all at my expense.....from arrival till departure

All I ask in return is a public statement answering these questions.

Is CTE a reference system? I what sense? Reference as a sort of "state of the art", or a system to which one would naturally refer? Because I think the fractions system has the market for the latter cornered.
Is CTE just another fraction system?It's a pivot system. That's the category I'd put it in. Together with 90/90, SEE and that Dave Segal system (invented by Hal Houle, I think).
Does the system take the player to the shot line?This is the one that actually matters, IMO.
Is CTE aiming, aiming that occurs on a different plane? ??!
Is CTE aiming, aiming that occurs in a new dimension?Not unless you have some sort of interdimentional matter transport device; no.
Is real CTE A PROFESSIONAL system?If most, or at least a substantial number of professionals use it, yes.
Does CTE make all shots?Does it make a long, soft shot with inside spin?
To what degree would you describe the objectivity of CTE?On the matter of objectivity I'd take the word of a scientist, even a philosopher over a pool player. That might just be me, though.

Stan Shuffett

Some of these questions are kind of corny. That being said, if I knew said pros and trusted them to be objective, I'd love to hear what they had to say about the third one. As is, it's about as credible as any testimonial, IMO of course. It will make for some moderately interesting reading though, no, maybe very interesting. All depends on the pros who participate.

Last edited: