CTE for Top USA pros

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Why do you keep equating aiming to being a better overall player? It makes no sense whatsoever."

Ah....then what's the point?

I don't think you're doing Stan any favors here.

One will become better at aiming, not the overall game. There is much more than just aiming in playing great pool. Funny how so many want to make aiming the biggest key to being a champion. It's important, but without the other keys, it will only help one so much. It's in increasing all the keys that one becomes a champion. CTE is just one of the keys.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of these questions are kind of corny. That being said, if I knew said pros and trusted them to be objective, I'd love to hear what they had to say about it. As is, it's about as credible as any testimonial, IMO of course. It will make for some moderately interesting reading though.

I can be very serious but you mention transport devices then I pull my horns in.

Stan Shuffett

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neil - Sorry but you're just not making sense.

If someone gets better at one aspect of the game, any aspect, then their overall game will get better. This is assuming that other parts of their game hasn't gotten worse.

Isn't that obvious?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Why do you keep equating aiming to being a better overall player? It makes no sense whatsoever."

Ah....then what's the point?

I don't think you're doing Stan any favors here.

Because learning how to pocket balls more effectively (by any method) isn't going to turn you into a pro.

Pocketing balls is just one aspect of this game. Not sure how many more times it has to be said.

It's not like you are ready to take on Phil Ivey heads up after you learn about pot odds.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because learning how to pocket balls more effectively (by any method) isn't going to turn you into a pro.

Pocketing balls is just one aspect of this game. Not sure how many more times it has to be said.

It's not like you are ready to take on Phil Ivey heads up after you learn about pot odds.

CTE is not limited to making a ball.....CTE is an overall complete approach to playing.
Visually. Physically.
All shots. Straight ins. Cuts Banks Caronms. Safety. Double kiss banks. Masses. Jumps.
And more....
Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think some are putting the cart before the horse when they say that there is more to playing well & improving than just aiming.

The thing is that many that have been mentioned already have those other things & hence IF they improve their aim with what is supposed to be an objective method then they should not miss after CTE that shot they would have missed before & that should result in more wins, no question, & a move up.

You say you have been playing for 45+ years, are a self-proclaimed expert on every topic on here, yet you have no clue why your statement above is pure poppy-cock? Guess you have never seen the B players that rarely miss, yet can't run 3 racks because they can't play position worth a lick.

Also, no one stated that improved aiming won't result in more wins. I did state that just improving aiming won't necessarily move one up in level. If that were to be true, then one could easily state what 5 steps are necessary to move up each level to pro (AAA) Since one only has to learn one thing to move up a level.

Since everyone starts at a D level, you then have C, B, A, AA, AAA. 5 levels of play. Since you want to equate aiming to moving up to another level, which level would that be, and what are the other 4 things one must learn to move up to pro? Must be a real easy game to learn if there are only 5 things one must learn to be a pro.

Or is it simply that your argument above holds no water?

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE is not limited to making a ball.....CTE is an overall complete approach to playing.
Visually. Physically.
All shots. Straight ins. Cuts Banks Caronms. Safety. Double kiss banks. Masses. Jumps.
And more....
Stan Shuffett

That's very true Stan. However, you are talking the graduate course there. These guys are still arguing the very basics.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's very true Stan. However, you are talking the graduate course there. These guys are still arguing the very basics.

Exactly! Many will completely understand one day what CTE is all about and really appreciate what I am doing. I hope I live to see that......
Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
For the calendar years of 2016/17 I am inviting and offering complete training for 8 top USA pro players in real CENTER-TO-EDGE aiming. The duration of training will be 3-14 days, whatever is needed, all at my expense.....from arrival till departure

Throw in some "spending money" for their troubles and I am sure you can get a few of the pros to sing like a canary for you...

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Throw in some "spending money" for their troubles and I am sure you can get a few of the pros to sing like a canary for you...

It is really sort of sad that you say that.....I do not work that way. I would take a bamboo whipping before I'd stoop to that level.

Stan Shuffett

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do you keep equating aiming to being an overall better player? It makes no sense whatsoever. Surely you know by now that the game involves much, much more than just aiming. CTE is not some magic pill to suddenly make one a champion. No one that endorses it has ever said it is. Your claims to what the system, or any system are supposed to do are totally unwarranted.

Yes, agree the game involves so much more. But, we are talking about pro players. These guys have no glaring weaknesses in any part of their games. And maybe just slight weaknesses in specific parts of their games. So, if a pro player makes an improvement in just one facet, one could make the case that it will help their overall game to an observable amount.

Contrast that with a player like me, an intermediate player. I have many glaring weaknesses in my game. Bringing up one small facet will do comparatively little to improve my overall game.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Are you doubting my word? I am after it and my emails and phone records will verify that and actually I have been steered by a leading visual scientist to a world class visual team at a reasonably close university........do you doubt me.......I can prove that....very recent occurrence. Please do not think that my total integrity on this matter is not all in.

Stan Shuffett

Do you really expect any better of Lou?
When someone expects dishonesty from a person .... Its because that's what they would do. You expect someone to cheat if you're a cheat yourself.
Says a lot about Lou

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
It is really sort of sad that you say that.....I do not work that way. I would take a bamboo whipping before I'd stoop to that level.

Stan Shuffett

You are offering the top pros your "free" training with travel, room, and board, with the requirement they make a public statement or three about the system after the training is complete. It already sounds like something akin to a cue sponsor giving a pro a "free" cue if they will go out in public and shoot a few shots with it and tell people how awesome it hits.

I think only SVB would really even be worth your time on this offer, and he has been fairly critical of aiming systems and such in various interviews. As said above, I am not sure he would take this offer even for free because taking a guy like him and making him actually conscious of the aiming process and pivot points and the like could seriously mess up his game.

In many ways it is like the shark move when a person goes "That is interesting how you grip the cue tighter on the backswing and then loosen your grip as you stroke through the cueball." Suddenly the guy shooting cannot make a ball because he is so focused on his grip because of the seed you planted in his head. He misses the next two shots because he is thinking about his grip, and then he misses the next six because he thinking about "not" thinking about his grip when taking shots.

I am not sure what positives you actually think you can offer SVB. I actually think there is more of a chance of you messing up his game by peeling back the curtain and showing the machinery that creates the magic. What can you really offer the 3 time defending US Open champ who just got 2nd place in the World 9-ball Championships and won the World Pool Masters this year? What does he have to gain? And lets be real, these pros saying these things are clearly going to be used as a marketing tool for your system to go after the peons of the pool world and get them to buy your books and DVD's. That is the obvious end game in this.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Thread is in wrong forum.

If you are inviting a certain number, then do so. Facebook is a good resource, going to Chesapeake even better.

Posting this in the main forum will just stir people up.

Few pros participate on AZ, some who do are in the pro section.

Good luck to you in this endeavor.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it seems to me that "top pros" are doing everything in their power to be the best they can be...........if there was something new/different out there that would make them better, they would already be doing it.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think some of the point is that pro players have an excellent ability to tell what is going on when they are at the table. Thus, if one says that the system itself gets them in-line with the shot objectively, then we will be more prone to believe that the system itself actually works. Stan is putting his system to the test against the most knowledgeable minds in the pool world.

Oh yeah, well I think Stan is trying to create a win win scenario for both the pros and himself with this little set-up. The pros win after a market is created for teaching cte... they are recognized professionals who "use" and teach cte and teaching is a great side income. And Stan wins when professionals claim to use his system.

I see the problem being that this is actually a win win lose situation as trusting individuals are waisting both their time and money with this nonsense. What do you think about that?

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Corey deuel still use CTE? You know, quietly?

:rolleyes:

One night after a Shane and Dennis match Stan was in the ask the instructor forum saying that both Shane and Dennis were using CTE wether they were using it purposely or not. He said he recognized the pivots.:grin:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Thread is in wrong forum.

If you are inviting a certain number, then do so. Facebook is a good resource, going to Chesapeake even better.

Posting this in the main forum will just stir people up.

Few pros participate on AZ, some who do are in the pro section.

Good luck to you in this endeavor.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Any publicity is good for sales. Or that's what he thinks. Johnnyt

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are offering the top pros your "free" training with travel, room, and board, with the requirement they make a public statement or three about the system after the training is complete. It already sounds like something akin to a cue sponsor giving a pro a "free" cue if they will go out in public and shoot a few shots with it and tell people how awesome it hits.

I think only SVB would really even be worth your time on this offer, and he has been fairly critical of aiming systems and such in various interviews. As said above, I am not sure he would take this offer even for free because taking a guy like him and making him actually conscious of the aiming process and pivot points and the like could seriously mess up his game.

In many ways it is like the shark move when a person goes "That is interesting how you grip the cue tighter on the backswing and then loosen your grip as you stroke through the cueball." Suddenly the guy shooting cannot make a ball because he is so focused on his grip because of the seed you planted in his head. He misses the next two shots because he is thinking about his grip, and then he misses the next six because he thinking about "not" thinking about his grip when taking shots.

I am not sure what positives you actually think you can offer SVB. I actually think there is more of a chance of you messing up his game by peeling back the curtain and showing the machinery that creates the magic. What can you really offer the 3 time defending US Open champ who just got 2nd place in the World 9-ball Championships and won the World Pool Masters this year? What does he have to gain? And lets be real, these pros saying these things are clearly going to be used as a marketing tool for your system to go after the peons of the pool world and get them to buy your books and DVD's. That is the obvious end game in this.

This is an excellent post and brings up a valid point.
I'm curious to hear not just Stan's take but other instructors as well.

Is it really beneficial to tinker with something when it's working so well? As an instructor, what is the thin red line where you have a student/pro who is exceptional, but unorthodox (maybe in fundamental techniques or aiming system). At what point do you leave the instructor hat, and put on the coaching hat, realizing that filling their head with anything else technique-wise might be counter active to their development?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh yeah, well I think Stan is trying to create a win win scenario for both the pros and himself with this little set-up. The pros win after a market is created for teaching cte... they are recognized professionals who "use" and teach cte and teaching is a great side income. And Stan wins when professionals claim to use his system.

I see the problem being that this is actually a win win lose situation as trusting individuals are waisting both their time and money with this nonsense. What do you think about that?

I think it would be a heck of a lot tougher for you to spew your sickening attitude straight to my face.

My offer is exactly as stated. I do not need the likes of you to twist and spin my offer around.
Teaching endorsements are no way a part of what I offered

Stan Shuffett

Last edited: