The Greatest Greatest

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so we often have conversations about who is the greatest of all time. My guess is that Efren Reyes gets the most votes in that category, especially if you ask pro pool players.

My question is (and this certainly will be partially NPR): Of all the sports out there, which greatest of all time is so, with the least dispute?

I think titles, overall ability, dominance among peers, style and grace, records and accomplishments, longevity, and of course *magic*, would all go into selecting the GOAT. Efren clearly has all of these things. But arguments could be made for Earl, Willie, etc.

Some of the less disputable greatests might be Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, Roger Federer.

So the criteria for The Greatest of the Greatest of All Time list would be simply, who is *most convincingly* and universally considered the greatest of all time in their respective discipline. I'm kinda thinking Gretzky. What do you guys think?

I'd love to hear peoples Top 10, top 5, etc. whatever you want, list of the GGOAT.

And...GO!

KMRUNOUT

the Professor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so we often have conversations about who is the greatest of all time. My guess is that Efren Reyes gets the most votes in that category, especially if you ask pro pool players.

My question is (and this certainly will be partially NPR): Of all the sports out there, which greatest of all time is so, with the least dispute?

I think titles, overall ability, dominance among peers, style and grace, records and accomplishments, longevity, and of course *magic*, would all go into selecting the GOAT. Efren clearly has all of these things. But arguments could be made for Earl, Willie, etc.

Some of the less disputable greatests might be Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, Roger Federer.

So the criteria for The Greatest of the Greatest of All Time list would be simply, who is *most convincingly* and universally considered the greatest of all time in their respective discipline. I'm kinda thinking Gretzky. What do you guys think?

I'd love to hear peoples Top 10, top 5, etc. whatever you want, list of the GGOAT.

And...GO!

KMRUNOUT

I think the answer to this is pretty easy actually. That would be Kane Waselenchuk… He is the greatest Racquetball Player of All Time.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good one.

Here is my list, but I'm not 100% sure about it. Also, I feel near certain I will smack my head and realize I forgot a real obvious one:

1) Wayne Gretzky (hockey)
2) Roger Federer (tennis)
3) Michael Jordan (basketball)
4) Efren Reyes (croquet and badminton...duh)
5) Joe Montana (football-quarterback)

The football one is what brought this up for me. If Tom Brady takes the Pats to another Superbowl win this year, it will be pretty tough to argue against him as the GOAT in this category.

KMRUNOUT

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the answer to this is pretty easy actually. That would be Kane Waselenchuk… He is the greatest Racquetball Player of All Time.

Kane dominates racquetball more than anyone has dominated any sport. I'm not even sure if he's human.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow so glad I started this. Some really cool info...people I have never heard of.

Keep it coming!

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread is going to crush my productivity. Lots of youtube distractions in my near future I'm afraid!

KMRUNOUT

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Edwin Moses was unbeatable in the 400m hurdles for 11 years.

He had an unbeaten streak from 1976-1987 of 122 races. This streak included an Olympic gold medal and four world record runs.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
Buddy Rich! And that's all I have to say! But since this is about pool,,,, only because I have heard insane stories about him, I will say Harold Worst!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
There's Ali and then everyone else.
jack

Except Sugar Ray Robinson was better , pound for pound.
And Joe Louis was the heavyweight champ for more than a decade .
Did not lose a fight while being a champion.

Secretariat is the greatest ever in any sport .