Do the Ko brothers just suck now?

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
do you not get the point of his post and the irony of the responses?

Does Jayson Shaw suck at 9B because he didn't place high in the 9B event? What about Mika? Or any other champion that didn't make it through this tough field?

Gideon<---why I am feeding the trolls?

You can reverse the names of the responders and the ko's with Shane and this thread is a repeat of so many Shane and America basher threads of the past...

That you and others couldn't see that, makes me laugh out loud, literally...

Jaden

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can reverse the names of the responders and the ko's with Shane and this thread is a repeat of so many Shane and America basher threads of the past...

Jaden

The point that Vetteman always wants to make is that Shane is the best. The irony is strong here for sure and leaves me literally Loling

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member

Jaden

lol, no shit. You'd think that at least one of them would recognize it but sadly that just shows how clueless they are in the first place.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin Cheng has been playing much better than the Ko's lately.

I'd like to see them in some more challenge matches. I really don't see why they're so hard to set up now that they're in the U.S for a few months. Especially now that they have a U.S backer.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seemed like a lot of big names were out early in DCC 9-ball.

I think Mika, Dechaine, Dazz, and Shaw to name a few.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jaden

First of all, I almost never pay attention to which names are which, particularly when people are making stupid points. So I have no idea if particular posters are taking different positions on the Ko brothers' recent results compared to Shane's results in other countries.

But if someone asked if SVB sucked because he didn't do well in a particular foreign event I would think it was equally stupid.

That said, one (but only one) measure of the overall ability of great players is their ability to perform well in different formats and in different locations. One event means little, but many events can become significant. So it was legitimate, for example, to raise SVB's inability to shine off of American soil over many events and many years as a possible weakness in his game. That does not mean he "sucked" by any stretch of the imagination.

SVB's recent win at the world pool masters and his runner-up finish in Doha show he clearly can win anywhere (and I have previously said I thought he played better than Ko in the finals and Ko caught a bunch of rolls).

By the same token, if the Ko brothers win or place very high in a major US event, that would strengthen their resumes (in my eyes) more than another win in an Asian event.

Finally, of course, none of these great champions have anything to prove to the pool nerds like us who obsess over who is better than who.

Gideon

Banks

Banned
What ever happened to that Kevin kid? He had potential.

Ah, the good old days.

Who will be the next ch... SQUIRREL!!

MoneyMakin52

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No they don't suck. They can't win everything. That was a tough tournament. Bustamante gave them both their first losses. Busti played them back to back. He was playing great I watched it in person. They couldn't do anything about it. They played great they just didn't win it all.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
The Final 10 in the 9 ball had 6 Asians, SVB, Frost, Klatt and the Russian.

No Europeans. Maybe it is they who suck.

They are suppose to get pounded over here.
They know how to play one game and one game only. (One Trick Ponies, Shaw use to be like this but he realized it's beneficial to learn other games)

If it came to all around pool, there's probably 20 to 30 guys in North America alone that's a favorite to beat them.

How anyone could ever consider them the best in the world is beyond belief.

The game we play over here is called pool. Not just rotation.

I thought I read on here that little Ko won the world 8 ball championships. Maybe I am mistaken.