Greatest Pool Movie ever great actors Paul Newman and Jackie
Gleason.

Second movie that i liked was the Baltimore Bullet
with Omar Shariff and James Coburn

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Download TCM app to a tablet, it's free. I just downloaded it to a kindle fire and watched a preview of the movie.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gleason.

If you peel its layers, the movie is NOT really about pool; it's about love, loyalty,
learning about who one really is and what one is willing to do in certain circumstances.

Understandably, many call The Hustler a "pool movie."
Sure, it has that element, but the pool playing is merely the vehicle for the plot itself.

Many will disagree with my assessment, but that's okay. It's just an opinion. Be well.

Last edited:

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Forget about watching it on the tube. You can pick up a DVD or a Blu ray for under $10 and it has a ton of bonus features that are interesting.

🎱

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

If you peel its layers, the movie is NOT really about pool; it's about love, loyalty,
learning about who one really is and what one is willing to do in certain circumstances.

Understandably, many call The Hustler a "pool movie."
Sure, it has that element, but the pool playing is merely the vehicle for the plot itself.

Many will disagree with my assessment, but that's okay. It's just an opinion. Be well.
agree 100%....:thumbup:
but you must also agree the pool stuff is really cool and authentic..:)

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
agree 100%....:thumbup:
but you must also agree the pool stuff is really cool and authentic..:)

Somewhat authentic. When was the last time you played 14.1 and banged the balls around like that? Don't get me wrong it was a great movie but you don't do trick shots when playing 14.1. The object of 14.1 is to stay on the table.

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had the DVR set to auto record. Nice to wake up and see it in my library.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gleason.

Respectfully, I think these two films are apples and oranges. They both have to do with pool, but other than that, have nothing in common. I feel like the Baltimore Bullet should have been good, but it just wasn't. Cheesy with a side of cheese. I wanted to like the characters, but I couldn't. TCOM was the movie BB could or might have been.

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want Fast Eddie's cue. It might be the most valuable cue ever made. I think it's a Rambo? I watched the movie last night (50th) time and I might know the lines better than anyone. Best scene is when Fast Eddie asks Bert to move and Bert moves his chair one inch. Classic touch. My question to anyone who knows is: Did they really employ those ladies at Ames to clean and brush the tables?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
"Shoot pool, Fast Eddie."

"I'm shootin' pool Fats, when I miss you can shoot."

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use this every match up.

"Do you like to gamble Eddie? Gamble money on pool games?

First time I said that out of the blue, 2 guys had to go outside they were laughing so hard.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk