• width 10.jpg
    width 10.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 955
  • width 10-2.jpg
    width 10-2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 924

zemoglis

Registered
And that is that. Beautifully built cleaner. Fashion (and function) matters.

Indeed!

Here's another.......
With the before & after pics of balls........ That's functionality.

You see a lot of posts on here about the buckets .
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Yes, they're cheap and you get what you pay for, ugly & noisy buckets that do a less than, half ass job.......

Attachments

• width-10.jpg
    width-10.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 929
  • width-10-3.jpg
    width-10-3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 826
  • 20140911_185814.jpg
    20140911_185814.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 855

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
wow wee!

Indeed!

Here's another.......

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Yes, they're cheap and you get what you pay for, ugly & noisy buckets that do a less than, half ass job.......

who made that, very nice!

and i agree with your statement on the bucket

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Don't be huge ass and drop so much money on one of those and just make a bucket polisher for under $40. They work great.

I am one of those huge asses, and I would be one again. I think the Diamond polisher is the best that can be had. Since I have roughly $1k invested in 3 sets of balls for my table I did not think $500.00 was out of line to protect them. The problem I have with the home made bucket polisher is the balls rubbing against each other for a extended period of time. I realize they hit and rub each other while on the table but 1 minute in the bucket polisher is probably exerts more friction on the balls than a lifetime on the table. Friction causes wear on everything that I know of, I dont want to risk a set of balls that cost 80% of what a polisher does. Nobody ever has a problem with something until they do, then its too late.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Instead of spending hundreds of dollars why not get some Aramith ball polish and ball restorer and use your hands along with a couple of towels and just scrub them pretty good? You don't have to clean them all that often. A little sweat equity would save a lot of $$$.

I've had my balls cleaned at a pool/billiard dealership and I could have done better with some polish and a towel.

r/DCP[/QUOTE

Your balls must not have been cleaned in a Diamond polisher if they looked bad when finished. I recently bought a Valley to go along with my Gold Crown and I am pretty sure it has the original balls from the 70's, after a little time in my Diamond polisher they look new.
As far a the dual vs single platter if you take care of your balls, which Im sure you would do if you invest in the Diamond polisher, it only takes 5 minutes to make them look new. Thats a whole 10 minutes for the whole set if you get the single platter. I have multiple ball sets (6 actually) so I can polish a set while shooting with a different set.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i bought a bludworth 5=6 years ago when bludworth still owned the company
it has worked great
no problems with it

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Just like some pay $1000+ on a custom cue, when a Viking or Cuetec would work as well. I built my own cleaner/polisher for less than $40 and it works just as well as those in poolrooms. Have had mine a good 5 years with no problems. A lot of times throwing more money on something don't get you more. Johnnyt

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Video

https://youtu.be/-ItzhJsUnFg

See if this link works???

Very nice.

Those balls seem to be spinning the same direction the entire time (except for the 10). How thorough of a cleaning is it really?

I am getting ready to make one with an random orbital buffer to avoid that so I hope yours isn't one of those or I will have to come up with something else.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a bucket polisher with a 27 dollar Ryobi 10 inch random orbital buffer and Aramith ball cleaner. It does a perfect job for me. I'd dare say they are just as clean as the ones in the pool hall that are sent through a ballstar. I'd bet you couldn't tell the difference between them in a blind test.

zemoglis

Registered
Very nice.

Those balls seem to be spinning the same direction the entire time (except for the 10). How thorough of a cleaning is it really?

I am getting ready to make one with an random orbital buffer to avoid that so I hope yours isn't one of those or I will have to come up with something else.

That short video was just to show it in operation.
Let me explain!

When you use the ball cleaner, a "spray" cleaner-polish will be used.
When applied, the balls will change directions due to the ball becoming wet.
However, they do rotate in a similar direction but they are touching the sides and bottom continuously so the entire ball is being cleaned-polished.

And don't think that it will wear down your balls going in the same direction. That's a crock!
You have a very hard ball rolling around on a soft cushion. It aint going to wear down anytime soon. Shit, you have 50 year old antique balls that still roll true.

As far as: "How thorough of a cleaning is it"?

I posted actual pics of some balls from the same rack, before and after.
You be the judge.

As for the bucket type, don't waste your time or money. (Seriously)
A lot of people have them but have never had anything to compare it with.
I promise, these guys with the buckets would see the difference. Not just a small difference but, a big difference.
Hell, I had one too! Was never was too impressed.
On the flip side, you can only buy what you can afford.

This isn’t a $550 Ballstar, nor, this isn’t a $700 Blud or a Diamond BUT, works just as good. And you don’t have to make an addition to the house just to get one.
These are only 12” x 12” x 12”

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best DIY cleaner I have seen. Any chance you might post some how-to instructions/parts-list so we can follow you lead?

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
I just watched the video, anyone who has an issue with this unit is insane. Support this gentleman's endeavor. I'm all for making a dollar, but when you have someone who offers a great product and service you don't beat them down.

People are always saying support and buy American well here's you opportunity.

I'm placing my order.

~Black Cat~ :cool:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Video

https://youtu.be/-ItzhJsUnFg

See if this link works???

Beautiful craftsmanship! Congrats on a nice job. At the same time, though I have to repeat my earlier comment about machines like this rotating the balls without spinning them about the horizontal axis at the same time. In other words, those balls are spinning like they are on a camp fire spit. The two points on the ball that are at the axis are not getting the same kind of cleaning action that the rest of the ball gets. Bludworth solved this problem by introducing a wobble in the bottom plate so that the balls bounce around a little in their tray and rock back and forth. Sometimes the wobble isn't set quite right from the factory (I'm told) and the balls will spin like yours do. When I saw this happen once on my machine I looked at the ball under good light and found little marks on the sides where that axis is. Usually the wobble is good and as the balls pick up speed they all start bouncing around. Also, your machine runs at a very high rpm compared to Bludworth, it appears. I'd be careful not to run it for long without that cover down.

Your machine might work great as is. I'm not knocking it, just passing on a potential issue I was curious about and discussed with the Bludworth people.

edit: I just saw your post above discussing this. I am a little skeptical that merely spraying the balls will cause them to rotate on that axis so the ball is cleaned equally all around. BUT, I've been wrong before... just ask my wife. :)

Last edited:

zemoglis

Registered
Beautiful craftsmanship! Congrats on a nice job. At the same time, though I have to repeat my earlier comment about machines like this rotating the balls without spinning them about the horizontal axis at the same time. In other words, those balls are spinning like they are on a camp fire spit. The two points on the ball that are at the axis are not getting the same kind of cleaning action that the rest of the ball gets. Bludworth solved this problem by introducing a wobble in the bottom plate so that the balls bounce around a little in their tray and rock back and forth. Sometimes the wobble isn't set quite right from the factory (I'm told) and the balls will spin like yours do. When I saw this happen once on my machine I looked at the ball under good light and found little marks on the sides where that axis is. Usually the wobble is good and as the balls pick up speed they all start bouncing around. Also, your machine runs at a very high rpm compared to Bludworth, it appears. I'd be careful not to run it for long without that cover down.

Your machine might work great as is. I'm not knocking it, just passing on a potential issue I was curious about and discussed with the Bludworth people.

edit: I just saw your post above discussing this. I am a little skeptical that merely spraying the balls will cause them to rotate on that axis so the ball is cleaned equally all around. BUT, I've been wrong before... just ask my wife. :)

Dan, Dan, Dan,
What you are speaking of is simply an "unbalanced platter" on the Blud.
This wasn't introduced, it just happened to wobble the balls. LOL
This wasn't a "hack / fix" for the machine... If you order 1, it may or may not wobble!

I have made a few with the platter very slightly off and have a little wobble as well.
I prefer it smooth.
It is also variable speed so if you think it turns too fast, slow it down.
(I bet you will keep it turned up all the way)

Look, I'm by far trying to compete with ANYONE.
Nor am I actually trying to mass produce or sell these things.
I simply make these in my spare time, saw the initial post so I added my 2 cents!

It really does sound like your wife is right...............

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not going bucket, I'm going wood box like yours. Is that stained wood or wood wrap?

I have already drawn up my cutout specs, picked the polisher, bought the felt for holes and made a list of other things I need. Now it is just finding time to get the rest and do it.

I plan to make a double 8 ball (16 total) with 2 3200 rpm random orbital polishers and a timer switch.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan, Dan, Dan,
What you are speaking of is simply an "unbalanced platter" on the Blud.
This wasn't introduced, it just happened to wobble the balls. LOL
This wasn't a "hack / fix" for the machine... If you order 1, it may or may not wobble!

I have made a few with the platter very slightly off and have a little wobble as well.
I prefer it smooth.
It is also variable speed so if you think it turns too fast, slow it down.
(I bet you will keep it turned up all the way)

Look, I'm by far trying to compete with ANYONE.
Nor am I actually trying to mass produce or sell these things.
I simply make these in my spare time, saw the initial post so I added my 2 cents!

It really does sound like your wife is right...............

You seem a bit defensive. Sorry that you take it that way. I have had extensive conversation with Bludworth about this subject. Balls that are not bounced around can form spots on the sides where the axis is. Maybe on your machine it doesn't happen. My purpose is to help inform people about some of the issues they should be aware of.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Indeed!

Here's another.......

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

When a ball polisher keeps the balls stationary, they spin in a perfect circle as there is no way to rotate the balls while they're spinning. ..I should know, I studied be very kind of ball polisher design that has ever been used before I designed the Diamond ball polisher for them.