Ball polisher

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That short video was just to show it in operation.
Let me explain!

When you use the ball cleaner, a "spray" cleaner-polish will be used.
When applied, the balls will change directions due to the ball becoming wet.
However, they do rotate in a similar direction but they are touching the sides and bottom continuously so the entire ball is being cleaned-polished.

And don't think that it will wear down your balls going in the same direction. That's a crock!
You have a very hard ball rolling around on a soft cushion. It aint going to wear down anytime soon. Shit, you have 50 year old antique balls that still roll true.

As far as: "How thorough of a cleaning is it"?

I posted actual pics of some balls from the same rack, before and after.
You be the judge.

As for the bucket type, don't waste your time or money. (Seriously)
A lot of people have them but have never had anything to compare it with.
I promise, these guys with the buckets would see the difference. Not just a small difference but, a big difference.
Hell, I had one too! Was never was too impressed.
On the flip side, you can only buy what you can afford.

This isn’t a $550 Ballstar, nor, this isn’t a $700 Blud or a Diamond BUT, works just as good. And you don’t have to make an addition to the house just to get one.
These are only 12” x 12” x 12”

Spinning the balls that fast creates heat as well, the 10 Ball is the only one that changed direction...be a use its out of ballance, but without offsetting the rotation of the balls the sides of the balls can not get as much attention to shine as the spinning centers of the balls are getting.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Sorry i was mistaken...Zemoglis DOES make these ball polishers.. Complete misunderstanding

Last edited:

zemoglis

Registered
LOLOLOLOLOL,

Man, look I am somewhat new here to this site.
Been a member for a while but never made a post.
So, call me a rookie or worse...

Anyway, this is going to make some people laugh and some say, what a dumbass.....

When you PM'ed me asking if I made these, I was looking at the picture of butt caps at the bottom of your message.

WoW............Aint that some crazy shit!

AND just to clarify::YES, I DO MAKE THESE POOL BALL POLISHERS
AND just to clarify::NO, I DO NOT MAKE THE BUTT DESIGNS AT THE BOTTOM SKINS POSTS!

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
LOLOLOLOLOL,

Man, look I am somewhat new here to this site.
Been a member for a while but never made a post.
So, call me a rookie or worse...

Anyway, this is going to make some people laugh and some say, what a dumbass.....

When you PM'ed me asking if I made these, I was looking at the picture of butt caps at the bottom of your message.

WoW............Aint that some crazy shit!

AND just to clarify::YES, I DO MAKE THESE POOL BALL POLISHERS
AND just to clarify::NO, I DO NOT MAKE THE BUTT DESIGNS AT THE BOTTOM SKINS POSTS!

No worries... Keith Josey and I make the butts in my pic above.. Sorry for the confusion..:smile:

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That short video was just to show it in operation.
Let me explain!

When you use the ball cleaner, a "spray" cleaner-polish will be used.
When applied, the balls will change directions due to the ball becoming wet.
However, they do rotate in a similar direction but they are touching the sides and bottom continuously so the entire ball is being cleaned-polished.

And don't think that it will wear down your balls going in the same direction. That's a crock!
You have a very hard ball rolling around on a soft cushion. It aint going to wear down anytime soon. Shit, you have 50 year old antique balls that still roll true.

As far as: "How thorough of a cleaning is it"?

I posted actual pics of some balls from the same rack, before and after.
You be the judge.

As for the bucket type, don't waste your time or money. (Seriously)
A lot of people have them but have never had anything to compare it with.
I promise, these guys with the buckets would see the difference. Not just a small difference but, a big difference.
Hell, I had one too! Was never was too impressed.
On the flip side, you can only buy what you can afford.

This isn’t a $550 Ballstar, nor, this isn’t a $700 Blud or a Diamond BUT, works just as good. And you don’t have to make an addition to the house just to get one.
These are only 12” x 12” x 12”

I have a Korean 4 ball cleaner that works on the same principle as yours. Since the balls turn on axis the closer to the axis the less cleaning occurs. Picture a ball spinning on a pin. There's very little cleaning action at that point. What I do is rotate the balls about a 1/4 turn then run them again.

The action of the Diamond cleaner with the sprocket causes the balls to constantly turn over. At least that's the claim.

I like your machine BTW.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
The action of the Diamond cleaner with the sprocket causes the balls to constantly turn over. At least that's the claim.

My understanding is that the sprocket is more about keeping the balls separated and in a position to take best advantage of the off center placement of the disc. It is the the way the disc is placed that makes the balls spiral, or spin in a different line than they are traveling, which results in complete cleaning.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I shall cast my vote in favor of the Diamond single platter polisher. I got one as a birthday gift a few years ago (I know, I'm spoiled). It is the best at the job that I've seen. I had made the bucket polisher complete with ball spacers. It did work, but the contraption sounded like a lear jet taking off. My buddy has the Bloodworth polisher, and It's ok. Does not seem to rotate the balls like the Diamond polisher does though.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I think Robert's does the same thing your talking about like the diamond, hes said he has talked to them alot about them, I could be mistaken though

I notice on mine they will change direction however doesn't appear that it is simply rotating

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have 2

I have a pricy ball polisher at my house [ it shall remain nameless ] I built a bucket polisher for my bar, and I use it everyday with aramith ball cleaner-polisher I believe it works better than the more expensive one.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My understanding is that the sprocket is more about keeping the balls separated and in a position to take best advantage of the off center placement of the disc. It is the the way the disc is placed that makes the balls spiral, or spin in a different line than they are traveling, which results in complete cleaning.

That is correct.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a Ballstar automatic pool ball cleaner.........I own the older style crock pot design..........it is fabulous.
The thing about clean, polished pool balls is the look is dazzling and beautiful but play like crap for awhile.
After a couple of hrs, the polished set picks up added cling, i.e. ,object ball throw and plays much better.
I prefer the Ballstar for looks & size & ease of operation......holds 8 pool balls.......great machine... IMO.

Matt B.

zemoglis

Registered
Sorry guys, I was out of town on business....

Spinning the balls that fast creates heat as well, the 10 Ball is the only one that changed direction...be a use its out of ballance, but without offsetting the rotation of the balls the sides of the balls can not get as much attention to shine as the spinning centers of the balls are getting.

How much "Heat" are you saying my machine will create?
How many degrees will the ball increase within say........ 5 minutes?
You know this I assume..

If you don't know see link.
It will also show the rotation you say is stationary.

https://youtu.be/Ox6PVYH3kkE

When a ball polisher keeps the balls stationary, they spin in a perfect circle as there is no way to rotate the balls while they're spinning. ..I should know, I studied be very kind of ball polisher design that has ever been used before I designed the Diamond ball polisher for them.

I didn't realize you could see and analyze so much in the short video.
I'm sure since you "designed" the Diamond, you are getting a percentage off any sales so I guess I would be busting some guys balls too, not to lose any sales.....
If your not getting a percentage, shame on you!

You seem a bit defensive. Sorry that you take it that way. I have had extensive conversation with Bludworth about this subject. Balls that are not bounced around can form spots on the sides where the axis is. Maybe on your machine it doesn't happen. My purpose is to help inform people about some of the issues they should be aware of.

And now for my boy Dan,

I went back and read my post to see if I said something "defensive" and can't understand where you come up with that.

Anyway, I am only stating facts, unlike you & the snake stating your "theories".....
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate feedback.

Once again, I am not competing with any other cleaner.
This is an alternative to spending big money on the big machines.

My shit works and it works well.

Last edited:

Bumpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zem -

Nice work. Are you making these for sale? Are you providing plans for those of us who may like to make our own? I am interested. Thank you.

Rick

zemoglis

Registered
Zem -

Nice work. Are you making these for sale? Are you providing plans for those of us who may like to make our own? I am interested. Thank you.

Rick

Hey Rick,

Thanks and yes I do sell these.

As for any plans, no.
I build these on the fly.
Every one is different in the way its made....

Thanks

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sorry guys, I was out of town on business....

How much "Heat" are you saying my machine will create?
How many degrees will the ball increase within say........ 5 minutes?
You know this I assume..

If you don't know see link.
It will also show the rotation you say is stationary.

https://youtu.be/Ox6PVYH3kkE

I didn't realize you could see and analyze so much in the short video.
I'm sure since you "designed" the Diamond, you are getting a percentage off any sales so I guess I would be busting some guys balls too, not to lose any sales.....
If your not getting a percentage, shame on you!

And now for my boy Dan,

I went back and read my post to see if I said something "defensive" and can't understand where you come up with that.

Anyway, I am only stating facts, unlike you & the snake stating your "theories".....
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate feedback.

Once again, I am not competing with any other cleaner.
This is an alternative to spending big money on the big machines.

My shit works and it works well.

That's not where the heat build up is, it's where the balls are rolling against the non moving buffing surface.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Or are you trying to say friction don't create heat....what do you think wears out the buffing surfaces?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What happens to the balls when they wear through the circle pad they're spinning in at about 1720 rpms....and it's not noticed until it's to late....destroyed balls, that's what happens.

zemoglis

Registered
That's not where the heat build up is, it's where the balls are rolling against the non moving buffing surface.

Are you implying that there is more friction on the sides of the balls instead of where the balls actually meet the pad???
What kind of Shit is that?
What you are saying is that, there is less friction at this point, the point of contact??
You do understand that the weight of the balls on the pad will create the most friction.
That is why I show the temp on the top and sides.
Is there an EXACT spot you like me to show the temp so I can help you try to prove your "theory". I would do that for you.......
Do you think a 1/4 or 1/2 inch away is going to make the temp jump to a ball melting temp?
What a joke!

Or are you trying to say friction don't create heat....what do you think wears out the buffing surfaces?

I never said friction does not cause an increase in temp.
Your statement was that the balls will heat up. This I do not dispute this.
However, you were trying to make it sound as if it would heat up so much it would melt the balls.
I ask again, how much will they heat up ????

What happens to the balls when they wear through the circle pad they're spinning in at about 1720 rpms....and it's not noticed until it's to late....destroyed balls, that's what happens.

According to you, this will never happen!
Your post above says that, that is not where "the heat-friction" is.

Bottom line is, you are trying to sound like you know what your talking about.
I've got news for you.......I'm not impressed!

Do you wear your big red nose all the time or only when you are on AZ.
Clown!