Have any road players actually been outed on AZB?

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
That certainly wasn't New York, who talked a lot....as New Yorkers do.

...unlike his road partner Arizona, who ain't sayin' much at all now.
Did they wear masks at the Hardtimes Tournament?:grin-square:

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last road player that came through town was headed to Kentucky with a laminated $10 bill. He made a killing at laundromats and car washes, but would still gamble at 9 ball with big bags of quarters.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
curly, moe & larry:)

... (not necessarily in that order)... so I hear the AZ guy wears a disguise ...
mustache and wig. From what I heard he's a lefty. Kind of like the big guy, says
very little. Go figure. The silent monster.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
:groucho:

Anybody know this guy?
I think the mustache is fake......he wants the 7.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last road player that came through town was headed to Kentucky with a laminated $10 bill. He made a killing at laundromats and car washes, but would still gamble at 9 ball with big bags of quarters.

I call BS - with the advent of coinstar

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Quite a few years ago it there was a picture with Gary Abood winning a tournament on AZ...he had a bag over his head.....that was sort of funny.

I tried to find that pic to post along with a "Happy Birthday" wish on his Facebook wall, lol..

Short Bus Russ - C Player

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Long ago there were a couple that were Id'd online, but then the people who did so were insulted by others for "knocking" their action and most people stopped doing it.

I still don't get the supposed etiquette of this. Someone who plays pro speed or even shortstop speed comes to town, likely under a false name, trying to hide their speed. Maybe they ask for (and get) weight against someone they could crush even.

And we are supposed to respect their action and criticize anyone who says "why are you giving the 7 ball to Jesse Bowman, the best bar table player in the country" (and I'm just picking his name because it was earlier in the thread)?

Gideon<----Loves to see people gamble; doesn't love the hustle

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still don't get the supposed etiquette of this. Someone who plays pro speed or even shortstop speed comes to town, likely under a false name, trying to hide their speed. Maybe they ask for (and get) weight against someone they could crush even.

And we are supposed to respect their action and criticize anyone who says "why are you giving the 7 ball to Jesse Bowman, the best bar table player in the country" (and I'm just picking his name because it was earlier in the thread)?

Because in pool, lying and keeping secrets is the norm. Nobody would make any money if they tried to set up fair games instead of trying to steal.

If you tell the truth, you should go play golf or something. :)

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Because in pool, lying and keeping secrets is the norm. Nobody would make any money if they tried to set up fair games instead of trying to steal.

If you tell the truth, you should go play golf or something. :)

-

That's pretty strong rite there.....

Rob.M

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billy-thorpe-2-steve-register.html

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/billy-thorpe-2-steve-register.html

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That kid's pretty well known. He's a Junior Champion.

"16 year old sensation Billy Thorpe, who team Captain Darren Appleton said is "The future of pool in America".

When did he win the juniors? Looks well past jr now.

I will recognize him now. He's on my list.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Gideon....I've had periods when I've been "in the life"....so you don't knock anybody's action...and hopefully, they won't knock yours.
I gamble by the rules of poker....I don't cheat but I play my hand as best I can....
...and I won't turn down a sure thing.
Knocking by people doing the same thing is like a kibitzer telling people your hole card.

The majority of my friends aren't action people...so I don't hold them to these rules....
.....and I don't hold you to them...so don't feel like you have to be beholden to some hustler's code of omertà.

If the Miz saw me in action, he would turn his head and not acknowledge me.....
....next time I would see him at a trade show or tournament, he would ask me how I did.
...Steve was an old friend....and he knew the rules.