Older Steepleton table

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
I have an older Steepleton table I would like to know a little about if possible. It's an oversized 8 footer. Really nice claw foot legs and solid oak frame. Crazy heavy. Three piece slate that looks to be almost 2 inches thick. Needs new felt and cushions. Has leather drop pockets. I was trying to post a picture but I can't get it to work.

Any idea what the thing might be worth. I thought about selling it and getting a Barbox because my room is just to small. I hit the walls on the sides if I'm on the rail. The legs need an obvious refinish. The rest of the table is actually pretty nice

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
need pics but probably made in loueyvil.

btw - pronounced Lew-ah-vull

Lesh

2 road players are passing through KY, they stop at a fast food joint one night and get into a lighthearted argument about how to pronounce Louisville, be it Loueyville, or Lewahvull. They make a $100 wager, and decide to ask the waitress.

The lady comes over and is asked to settle a bet. She looks at them like they are stupid, but plays along. When asked "Where are we? And please pronounce it slowly.....

Her reply of " Ber-ger King" set them straight..... :grin-square:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
No Idea on the table, would love to see pix when you get it figgerd.

btw - pronounced Lew-ah-vull

Lesh

2 road players are passing through KY, they stop at a fast food joint one night and get into a lighthearted argument about how to pronounce Louisville, be it Loueyville, or Lewahvull. They make a $100 wager, and decide to ask the waitress.

The lady comes over and is asked to settle a bet. She looks at them like they are stupid, but plays along. When asked "Where are we? And please pronounce it slowly.....

Her reply of " Ber-ger King" set them straight..... :grin-square:

BCA trade show...1990?
I said to some guys "I'm curious..do you pronounce the capital of Kentucky 'Lewisville' or
'Looieville'?
So...they didn't agree ....it was about 50/50.

So I said "You're all wrong...you pronounce the capital of Kentucky ' Frankfort'.

They started laughing...one guy says "Shiiiit....I'm from Kentucky, and I went for that."

CElliottH18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We've got 4 steepletons at the pool hall I frequent. Different from yours but 3-piece slate and oversized 8's. When I go shoot other places, I end up wishing I were on the steepletons. I love em but no idea on value.

For some reason I remember hearing someone saying there is a connection to Diamond. Don't remember specifics.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I guess I'd try inquiring at their website if you haven't already done so. Seems to be the company itself, and not an authorized dealer, etc.

http://www.steepleton.com/

Looks like they'd farmed their table business out to Olhausen.

I've been in at least two of the old locations...they were part museum to me.
I could always find something interesting to buy...like French tips from the 60s.

This store is just another billiard store.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to live in eastern KY, and played at a pool hall on rt 5 called Wallys. The "open" table was a 9' gc1, but the rest of the tables in the place were 8' steepletons. To be honest, they werent that great of a table, at least for commercial use. Home used tables would last longer and be better taken care of.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a os 8ft steepleton from 1974 gave 400 for it and it was mint mine is a old Fleetwood modeled after the gold crown 1 I think.
If I had to guess I'd say your table is around 6-700 hundred in its shape, but the best person to ask is Brain Roberts of Rack 66 here in Louisville.
He works on them all the time and I believe he work for Steepleton for a long time before opening up Rack 66, Brain has a lot of knowledge when it comes to those tables and he's hell of a nice guy.

I grew up playing on these old Steepleton tables I love them.