What ever happened to (insert pool player name here)?

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somehow I think Ron has more than one account on here - his name keeps coming up by new members and he posted a few times about how great he was.........makes me wonder if you're another of his accounts? Could be wrong

It wouldn't be the first time you were wrong.

What are all his usernames?

Did you ever wonder if people ask about him because he was or is a great player?

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
Nathan Hadad

There's a blast from the past. Used to play him a couple times a year in Kalamazoo when work took me that way. Tough as nails competitor. Always super nice and respectful to me. I heard he fell off the straight and narrow and stopped playing a while back. Last time I saw him must have been about 1997 or so. I hope he is doing well and is happy.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
There's a blast from the past. Used to play him a couple times a year in Kalamazoo when work took me that way. Tough as nails competitor. Always super nice and respectful to me. I heard he fell off the straight and narrow and stopped playing a while back. Last time I saw him must have been about 1997 or so. I hope he is doing well and is happy.

Asked Jayme at SBE( guess he's out of retirement) Jayme that is, and he wasn't really sure. Miss those Kzoo days.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When did Roger Griffis stop playing?

Another guy I can't recall seeing play in a while is Gabe Owen.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
When did Roger Griffis stop playing?

Another guy I can't recall seeing play in a while is Gabe Owen.

gabe is still active, we played in new orleans together at mardi gras open....he won the banks in a stellar field.....

last time i saw Roger Griffis was 2010 acutally at Gabes one pocket event in Tulsa.....

strange coincidence lol:eek:

Roger Griffis was a monster back on the old camel tour

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
What ever happened to Michael Coltrain?

Ever wonder what happened to a particular pool player? Ask in the threads to fine out.

I always wondered what happened to Jean Balukas. And Mike Sigel, while we're at it, asking questions in this here thread.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eddie B...,

wonder if this is the same Downtown Eddie Brown from N.O........

joey A would probably know.

Eddie Brown from N.O. just opened up another place on the east bank of N.O. he still plays lights out!! Wont match up? But still knows the moves!

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nathan Hadad

I find myself talking and thinking about him and his game quite often.

He was so good that he helped me realize how horrible I was -- so I quit playing and got my life sorted out. He would make up the craziest spots just to get the locals on the table. One of his go to bets would be him playing just about anybody even with the ONLY caveat being -- he had to bridge off of his foot. Watching those matches always started out funny but then after a while it would get sad because you would realize he could easily beat you like that. :sad:

Hope he's doing alright.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does John Shuput still play? I'm sure he would never play in any Shot Clock matches....very, very slow, but very accurate when he pulls the trigger.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Jr. Harris?
Josh deigler?s
Keith Bennett?
Deo alpajora?
Gary flannery?

I don't know about the others, but Keith is still here in NC and playing. He recently played in the Don Coates Memorial and matched up with Henny where I play.