Man playing as woman at APA nationals

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
If I didn't know better, I would believe this story originated in The Onion.

JoeyA

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If he or she competed in the same division all year as a 5 , then he or she is a 5 in the tournament. I don't think I would care in that situation.

GeoEnvi

Diamond System Enthusiast
Silver Member
Said inelligible not DQd. There might be a technical difference between the two in the APA rulebook.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are opponents allowed to check IDs? Y'all should be practicing and hitting balls instead of worrying about IDs so you can up that APA skill level

You are an idiot if you don't check ID's.

It is clear here and in any other news site that people of this world are greedy, self serving and will do whatever they can to get one over on someone else, ESPECIALLY when money is involved.

Therefore, it is not unheard of for a better player to try to play for another player.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Generally, gender identity becomes an issue where one sex has an obvious advantage over the other.
At this level of pool I don't really think that's the case, but the APA has a specific divider in place that
should really prevent this sort of thing. No matter how far left or right the LO in that area might happen
to be I would submit that this not the place (The NTC) to make a political statement.

Maybe there is a local rule in San Diego addressing this sort of thing but that rule would not be applicable
on the national level and I believe the LO had a responsibility if not a duty to inform The APA of the
circumstances regarding this player and instead of trying to satisfy some warped political agenda the
captian most certainly should have had the brains to be able to forsee the potential outcome of this, but
that's if they were aware. How could they not be?

Maybe soon we will see an official APA policy addressing these issues as they have become the
"New Black" in society today.

Perhaps we'll see the elimination of the woman's division and women's events altogether.
That's long over due, they seem to be a little more emotion driven than most men, if you get my meaning.

If the issue isn't completely ignored by The APA I can't wait to see what happens next.

Last edited:

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are an idiot if you don't check ID's.

It is clear here and in any other news site that people of this world are greedy, self serving and will do whatever they can to get one over on someone else, ESPECIALLY when money is involved.

Therefore, it is not unheard of for a better player to try to play for another player.

Ain't no random ass APA opponent gonna check my ID. Whether pro/anti transgender, this person was approved to play.... and not undercover since theres a book ...... Beverly from PA should have confirmed before trying to humiliate someone on FB... ya'll need to worry more about putting some practice and it wouldn't matter

GeoEnvi

Diamond System Enthusiast
Silver Member
She or He seems to be a good author. Very good reviews on the book which has pool in it.

Except I call BS of that first review. They used the same language as is on the back jacket to describe the 'edgy areas or San Diego.'

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
he

Ain't no random ass APA opponent gonna check my ID. Whether pro/anti transgender, this person was approved to play.... and not undercover since theres a book ...... Beverly from PA should have confirmed before trying to humiliate someone on FB... ya'll need to worry more about putting some practice and it wouldn't matter

One of the rules at the APA nationals is that you are asked to check you opponents ID before you you begin, as the opponent you must comply if asked. Actually you're asked to offer it up before you're asked.

A couple of years ago a team went through the tournament and won the 9 ball event with a "false" player, but even back then you were asked to do this. They've just become a little more stiff about it.

If you refuse, you don't play

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the rules at the APA nationals is that you are asked to check you opponents ID before you you begin, as the opponent you must comply if asked. Actually you're asked to offer it up before you're asked.

A couple of years ago a team went through the tournament and won the 9 ball event with a "false" player, but even back then you were asked to do this. They've just become a little more stiff about it.

If you refuse, you don't play

Seems like a ID theft breach...maybe show the tourney director not some random person. Well whatever that's why I like to gamble :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's a standard rule in all leagues at National events. It's up to team Captains to check ID's on opposing teams. I don't think my team has ever done it.
LOL, usually it's not to check gender though.
There have been cases in the past where players have had somebody else play under their name. It's unethical but it has been done.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Last year in Vegas, BCA, the opposing team had a player with Shayne on his shirt..They kept calling him Mike...Our captain asked to see their roster....There was a Shayne on roster...So ref got involved and asked for his I.D....He said he left it in his room..Ref said, "go get it"...
He never came back and his matches were forfeited...

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Whats so hard to understand about this being a handicapped tournament/league?

People cheat every chance they get, and having somebody else play for them that is better is not unheard of.

Bet you're not much of a gambler if you believe everything somebody tells you....even though you claim to be:rolleyes:
Jason

9Ballz

Registered
In most sports at any level above a house league, id's are required and checked often. Cheaters are low life's.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats so hard to understand about this being a handicapped tournament/league?

People cheat every chance they get, and having somebody else play for them that is better is not unheard of.

Bet you're not much of a gambler if you believe everything somebody tells you....even though you claim to be:rolleyes:
Jason

I don't ask questions or IDs bc I don't like to give my name out ....that why it's call gambling...

this person isn't trying to pose as someone else.... just trying to play some damn league pool

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I don't ask questions or IDs bc I don't like to give my name out ....that why it's call gambling...

this person isn't trying to pose as someone else.... just trying to play some damn league pool

Lol. You really have no clue
Like they say - Ignorance is bliss. Carry on