Any ideas of what I got here?

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My initial thoughts looking at the joint and fat black rings were overseas junk but I'm just not sure. It does give off the vibe of a simple conversion. Any opinions? I didn't want to sell it without having at least a few better ideas of what it is.

RpVacFUl.jpg

3X25QOLl.jpg

1kXnnZql.jpg

bUUXixwl.jpg

X06Qm8wl.jpg

3ToJS8Dl.jpg

eELIycLl.jpg

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a Rambow to me.

Butt cap looks ivory.....Pin is finished off flat which I've seen....but it looks like it's 5-16/18 from pic

Last edited:

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a Rambow to me.

Butt cap looks ivory.....Pin is finished off flat which I've seen....but it looks like it's 5-16/18 from pic
It is ivory or at least I'm pretty sure it is. I actually meant to mention that in my original post.

The pin looks machined flat not sanded. For whatever that's worth. There's a very small nipple on the end of the pin. Like you would get if you were attempting to machine it flat but didn't have it dead center. I don't recall seeing them flat like that. Thought maybe someone might have known a cue maker that did that by chance.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
The easy answer would be Rambow, but I don't think so.

The joint pin isn't Rambow, too many threads.

The shaft joint tenon is wrong for Rambow. He did them very much more elongated.

Looks like a pretty old Titlist conversion. Still pretty nice though.

All the best,
WW

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a 100% original Rambow cue.

Very nice. Congrats.

The people who say it isn't don't know what they're talking about or guessing.

-Bogey<------100% sure
Do you mind clarifying on what makes you sure?

Looking at the joint and pin it just doesn't seem to match up with any others that I've seen.

Also the insert in the shaft doesn't look consistent either. That insert makes me think of overseas cues. Now I was pretty sure it wasn't... but I wanted stronger opinions than my own...however Rambow never came to mind.

If it was just another unclaimed conversion or someone's pet project I was going to refinish it but if I could put a name to it with some type of certainty then I won't touch it and I'll just sell it.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are about 5 things I see on it that make it one.
He made cues for a VERY long time.
They are not all uniform.
Trust me, it's 100% original rambow, even the wrap.
Congrats.

-Bogey

"About" 5?

Is that 4? Or 6? Not being a smartass, I really am interested.

What are those five things?

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are about 5 things I see on it that make it one.
He made cues for a VERY long time.
They are not all uniform.
Trust me, it's 100% original rambow, even the wrap.
Congrats.

-Bogey
Appreciate the response. Specifics would help. So that maybe a consensus could come together in agreement.

I plan to sell the cue. Would be nice if I could point to "about 5 things" that would hold some weight if/when I list the cue.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Paradise with a machined flat pin like that. Like some duck calls sound ducky, that sure looks Hermanesque.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Paradise with a machined flat pin like that. Like some duck calls sound ducky, that sure looks Hermanesque.
:thumbup: Well anyone wanna come with "Hermanesque" money?

Someone asked me to post a couple of extra shots and asked if there is a ring/veneer/pad between the butt sleeve and cap. I believe there is. That's what I see.

iro9l1Lm.jpg

7FWiWuFl.jpg

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a 100% original Rambow cue.

Very nice. Congrats.

The people who say it isn't don't know what they're talking about or guessing.

-Bogey<------100% sure

When did Rambow use the 5/16-18 joint pin?

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a bit of research ....I feel this cue has a strong chance of being a very early example Frank Paradise.. for whom Herman Rambow was an inspiration for his charming career

Last edited:

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought Helmstetter.

Paradise or Rambo. Chris never goes out of his way to tell a story. If it is a Helmstetter I want it! But the age is way off.
I can take measurements because I have them here.
I would book on Chris.
Nick :)