MOSCONI CUP LIVE (Score Updates)

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Lazarus Day (Day 4 coming from behind 10-3)

Rodney Morris needs to come back next year for sure if only to keep the USA team loose. He and Bergman squeaked out a win and that means come back tomorrow and win 8 matches in a row.

Hell, I would be happy to see them win a few matches in a row just to be able to say, "Too little, too late" but I wouldn't mind seeing a Lazarus Day for Team USA.

GO USA!

JoeyA

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
You know, this entire event has been tough to watch. What's weird is that I really want the USA to win more than when I'm even gambling on a match. Although, I did find that it's bearable to watch with the sound off for some reason. I guess not hearing the crowd is more soothing. :thumbup:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Rodney Morris needs to come back next year for sure if only to keep the USA team loose. He and Bergman squeaked out a win and that means come back tomorrow and win 8 matches in a row.

Hell, I would be happy to see them win a few matches in a row just to be able to say, "Too little, too late" but I wouldn't mind seeing a Lazarus Day for Team USA.

GO USA!

JoeyA

Actually, they fluked a win in Match 13, fluking a safe after what appeared to be a Mosconi losing miss by Bergman.

Also, perhaps you didn't hear that Rodney has announced his retirement frm competition.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Actually, they fluked a win in Match 13, fluking a safe after what appeared to be a Mosconi losing miss by Bergman.

Also, perhaps you didn't hear that Rodney has announced his retirement frm competition.

So he's joining in retirement? Makes sense I hear they are best of friends.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
I don't recall the details but I think it had something to do with the retail car business.

Interesting, with his personality finding a job would be a piece of cake.

I actually seen him in an autotrader commercial not long ago

I can picture it now, "hey how bout we play a game of pool, never played before but if I win you pay double and it's free if you win." Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Cleveland we have the equivalent to our Mosconi cup team....their called the Cleveland Browns. We also have a local sports radio personality that won 3 super bowl rings with the New England Patriots name Jerrod Cherry. Jerrod preaches over and over about the importance of putting team before self. He also swears by- nothing will change until you change the culture of the team, regardless of who you draft or sign...

The American pool culture is not even remotely close to embracing Team before self.

We actually have guys capable....but the selection process prevents us from fielding a team that actually will make the commitment and sacrifice.

At the end of the day our dismal showing in the Mosconi cup is an absolute reflection of American pool.....we really shouldn't be shocked that we are no competition to team Europe year after year.

Honestly...I don't think we would beat Team Canada.......

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Canada had Alex, Mario and John Mora and Jason Klatt there's no way in hell we'd beat them.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member

GO USA!

JoeyA
Good vibes Joey, but today were some good mismatches for us, IMO and we couldn't get there.
I want to see them fight tomorrow.

It could be worse, Boyes could be playing for Europe.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, all it took was a fluke safe after a bad Bergman miss at double hill that it appeared would end the Mosconi.

Should have been 11-2, but now when we win eight straight, we'll have an even better story!

Eight in a row! So far we've been able to win exactly one match each day. Two in a row would be good for us. The only question now is how bad will it be? I'm guessing 11-3 or 11-4 at best. This has been an ass whipping from top to bottom.

Now I'm wondering why anyone would buy a ticket for Day Four. Oh now I get it, they've been sold in advance, so no refunds now. :thumbup:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I doubt, given his MC performance this year, he has any chance of getting back in. Will be curious to see his Accu-Stats score, given Pat Fleming is in attendance.

Lou Figueroa

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Eight in a row! So far we've been able to win exactly one match each day. Two in a row would be good for us. ...

Come on, Jay. We're overdue. Europe has now won 14 daily sessions in a row. So we're going to restore a little order with an 8-0 whitewash tomorrow.

Right?

Maybe?

Maybe not

No.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Come on, Jay. We're overdue. Europe has now won 14 daily sessions in a row. So we're going to restore a little order with an 8-0 whitewash tomorrow.

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Right?

Maybe?

Maybe not

No.

More chance of a 1-0 whitewash tomorrow. :frown: