Schmelke = Awesome

Walt69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally got my order from Schmelke. 60" cocobolo sneaky with black cap and joint collars. I'm extremely impressed by the finishing but you can tell in some small areas that it could be better. There is a glue spot visible in some small spots between the points but nothing major at all. It hits like a dream and thensecond rack i shot with it was a break and run lol. Here are the specs...

0.5in XTC ferrule
Triangle tip
16" pro taper
12.5mm tip
.84 joint
Skinnier butt at 1.25 before the buttcap "feels amazing"
And the balance point is way forward sort of like a nova.
18oz.
60"
No label
3/8 × 10 pin to wood joint

This cue is awesome, the cocobolo looks great and all for just a smidge over 200 shipped. The only thing i would have done differently if I could have seen the stock beforw hand is to maybe choose a more gnarly piece of curly maple for the forearm or just go straight birdseye. Regardless, i'm extremely impressed and can say they will get my money in the future for a matching break cue.

**Oh, and i'm not sure if that section on the shaft is spalted or just odd growth patterns but it's awesome looking and makes it feel more custom :) **

***Measurements***
Whole cue is 18.1oz
shaft is 4.2
butt is 13.9

Balance point is... almost 20" (19 7/8") from the balance point to the end of the wood "not the end of the bumper"

Attachments

• 20170106_175035.jpg
    20170106_175035.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 2,046
  • 20170106_175053.jpg
    20170106_175053.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 1,848
  • 20170106_175152.jpg
    20170106_175152.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 1,951
  • 20170106_175133.jpg
    20170106_175133.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 1,910
Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Sweet cue! I have three Schmelke cues and they all play great. Congrats on the new toy.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Beautiful choice. If the small flaws bother you let them know and they will remake or take back. I would not be happy or settle with it. That's me.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a rosewood/straight-grain and it's really sweet. With black collars and buttcap the grand total was 140bux, delivered. Might buy a little fancier 60" myself. Great folks to deal with.

Finally got my order from Schmelke. 60" cocobolo sneaky with black cap and joint collars. I'm extremely impressed by the finishing but you can tell in some small areas that it could be better. There is a glue spot visible in some small spots between the points but nothing major at all. It hits like a dream and thensecond rack i shot with it was a break and run lol. Here are the specs...

0.5in XTC ferrule
Triangle tip
16" pro taper
12.5mm tip
.84 joint
18oz.
60"
No label

This cue is awesome, the cocobolo looks great and all for just a smidge over 200 shipped. The only thing i would have done differently if I could have seen the stock beforw hand is to maybe choose a more gnarly piece of curly maple for the forearm or just go straight birdseye. Regardless, i'm extremely impressed and can say they will get my money in the future for a matching break cue.

**Oh, and i'm not sure if that section on the shaft is spalted or just odd growth patterns but it's awesome looking and makes it feel more custom :) **

Very nice looking sneaky pete. I wonder if they offer BEM for the forearm. That shaft appears to have a thick taper on it. It does not appear to be a 16 inch pro taper, but I do not know. I always loved a super long (Meucci style) taper. I think that is a really beautiful butt though. I just do not care for the looks of the forearm. I bet it would look really sweet if it had a nice BEM forearm on it.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
That is a nice looking sneaky. I have heard so many good things about their company. I am sorry I never bought one or two when I was playing. Johnnyt

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

0.5in XTC ferrule
Triangle tip
16" pro taper
12.5mm tip
.84 joint
18oz.
60"
No label

Please describe "way forward" balance point in inches from bottom of butt,(not including rubber bumper). I have 3 Schmelkes,all play great and look good,ZERO complaints
!!!

Last edited:

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke makes a ton of cue for the $$. Interestingly, they make blanks that are used by many well known cue makers. Good people, great value. They use good wood.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Nice Cue :) You'll never have to buy another cue unless you WANT to. And if you ever want to go LD, OB shaft will match almost perfectly to a schmelke.

Walt69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please describe "way forward" balance point in inches from bottom of butt,(not including rubber bumper). I have 3 Schmelkes,all play great and look good,ZERO complaints
!!!

Ok so... did measurements and they're pretty on the money.

Whole cue is 18.1oz
shaft is 4.2
butt is 13.9

Balance point is... almost 20" (19 7/8") from the balance point to the end of the wood "not the end of the bumper"

I've played with this thing for a few hours now, and I can say Schmelke has a customer for life. Will be ordering a break cue in similar specs soon.

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
Nice Cue :) You'll never have to buy another cue unless you WANT to. And if you ever want to go LD, OB shaft will match almost perfectly to a schmelke.
I like my Schmelke and would recommend to anyone in that budget but I disagree with this. My bacote schemlke butt measures .870 which is huge, way bigger than any aftermarket shaft would match up with, most are .842 give or take a smidge. These are the most cues for the money though. Their bocote and cocobolo are very nice.

Walt69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like my Schmelke and would recommend to anyone in that budget but I disagree with this. My bacote schemlke butt measures .870 which is huge, way bigger than any aftermarket shaft would match up with, most are .842 give or take a smidge. These are the most cues for the money though. Their bocote and cocobolo are very nice.

I had them turn the joint down to 0.84 +/- and it matches my other 3/8×10 shafts to the T. Just have to ask for it

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Depends of what joint you ordered. The 3/8-10 pin is almost perfect match with same pin OB shaft. I know, I have it.

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
Depends of what joint you ordered. The 3/8-10 pin is almost perfect match with same pin OB shaft. I know, I have it.

I have the same 3/8x10 joint. . 870 diameter. Was my only disappointment. No big deal though. I found Samsara. :thumbup: