Darren Appleton's World 8 Ball Series 2017

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They had it on the free Facebook stream. At least 20 minutes after the match I come back in and on my speakers you can still hear him *****ing in the vicinity of the table and the mic. He was going on and on about how he couldn't wait to get the F out of NY and how he F'n hates NY and how all the people F'n hate him, blah blah. Then he goes on to say how Daz cheated him on two racks by racking high. This guy's act is so old.

Let's see if Daz can knock off his own tournament!

Last edited:

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They had it on the free Facebook stream. At least 20 minutes after the match I come back in and on my speakers you can still hear him *****ing in the vicinity of the table and the mic. He was going on and on about how he couldn't wait to get the F out of NY and how he F'n hates NY and how all the people F'n hate him, blah blah. Then he goes on to say how Daz cheated him on two racks by racking high. This guy's act is so old.

Let's see if Daz can knock off his own tournament!

Yeah,I watched the German Pool Masters and Earl was in the booth for a Kaiser match.He was in a great mood and was very complimentary in regards to him and Busti.Good commentary in general.....He was up next and got up on his game and was in a nice mood.He stumbled and Busti caught up and won.Then it was back to rambling baby man.

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was part of their published format online, so stating they changed a rule mid-tournament is misleading.
"WPA RULES IN EFFECT IN ADDITION TO THE FOLLOWING:
BREAK

Lag for break, lag for shootout
Alternate break for rounds 1, 2, and 3
Winner breaks from last 16"
http://www.worldpoolseries.com/events/tournament-details/#_format

That said, I would be interested in feedback from the players as well regarding the break format progression.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the FB video of the shootout. I don't know if it works for non-FB people.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/worldpoolseries/videos/?ref=page_internal

It looks like neither of these two players ever practiced these shots. I could see the pros making 40 of these shots in a row if they were to practice them, and the shootout would take longer than the match. Maybe if that becomes an issue, switch to random shots for the tie breaker, that is not known to any of the players.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a player in the event, what do you think of the breaking rule changing mid tournament? First it is alternate breaks, now it is winner breaks...

It was announced months ago. Last 16 is winner break and highest package get "high run" bonus. I think it is great.

RonMason

Ron Mason
Silver Member
I'm trying to understand the procedures and scoring as it relates to a double-hill 5-shot shootout battle. For instance, Billy Thorpe's score was 18; Alex 15. If Billy made his first 5-shot set, would his score be 12+5=17? Did Alex make 3 balls of his 5-shot shootout?

And Ruslan 16; Shuff 14

Ramil 12; Mika 16.

I believe the extra bead symbolizes the win. I will ask the tournament director today and post the answer here.

Have a great day!

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stream has been perfect so far with Varner commentating.

8ball.jpg

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice stream today. Not a buffer yet, good sign as these other 3 8 Ball events will be at Steinway too.

8Ball2.jpg

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Did Ruslan get it done? Met him briefly last year at the Derby. I'm sure he doesn't remember me, but seems like a cool dude.

Edited: Never mind. I see that he won 15 to 8 over Chua. Impressive. I saw on Twitter Darren said he ran the first 6 out of the gate.

Last edited: