Alex P. and Dennis Orcullo in the DCC

LeftyIke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you rate Alex Pagulayan and Dennis Orcullo's chances in the DCC,and the All-Around title. How do you rank them against the other Top Players that will be competing?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty high considering Alex won the last 2 MOT and Dennis won the one before that. Dennis and Shane was tied for 2nd last yr.

Alex is just too tough at 1p.

Alex pagulayan is the best in the world no one can beat him for money.

how do you rate alex pagulayan and dennis orcullo's chances in the dcc,and the all-around title. How do you rank them against the other top players that will be competing?

alex pagulayan is the best in the world no one can beat him for money.

Justin Bergman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually Dennis has Alex stuck big money gambling. I think Alex is the best one pocket player in the world though. Dennis can't beat Alex in one pocket Dennis will tell you that. But 8 ball, 9 ball, or 10 ball in betting on Dennis.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
How do you rate Alex Pagulayan and Dennis Orcullo's chances in the DCC,and the All-Around title. How do you rank them against the other Top Players that will be competing?

#1 and #3

Freddie <~~~ HTH

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree about Alex and Dennis, but you have to give Jayson Shaw a look this year IMO.

He was second in the banks last year and was sailing along pretty good in the one pocket before he had a meltdown and that probably effected him in the nine ball too.

Would not surprise me if he won it all the way he has been playing.:grin:

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Comparing Alex and Dennis is a great exercise for pool fans.
An argument as to which one is the superior all-around player can be made for either one.
Alex has the clear edge in one-pocket.
Dennis has the edge in straight pool, which unfortunately does not count for points toward the "Master of the Table" title. In the days of Johnson City, 14.1 did count.
In 9-Ball or 10-Ball, they are about even, but I think Dennis has the better break.
They have each won the Banks title at DCC, so that might be a toss-up.
If I had to bet, I would put my money on Alex to finish ahead of Dennis for the Master of the Table title because there are so many great 9-ball players at DCC, and neither Alex or Dennis are the favorites.
Also, in Banks, Alex and Dennis are not the favorites.
Whereas, Alex is one of the favorites in one-pocket.
If recent performances are to be considered, then Jayson Shaw is the all-around favorite. This may be his DCC.

storke

One Pocket Player
Silver Member
Both Great

They are both favorites to win the all around. Also the gap between their one pocket games is alot closer now. Im not so sure at this point in time that Alex is the better one pocket player. Dennis has been playing great one pocket as of late.

Justin Bergman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol Jayson Shaw needs 10-7 from Alex playing one pocket and can't beat either one playing banks. I would say 9 ball is gambling.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol Jayson Shaw needs 10-7 from Alex playing one pocket and can't beat either one playing banks. I would say 9 ball is gambling.

Thanks justin for chiming in.you get it. The casual pool fan who sees jason play 9-10 ball think that he shoots so straight(and he does) but have no idea how much weight he needs playing at least 30-40 players i can think of 1-hole. All around pool player he is not ready to be included in the same breath as alot of other players...YET! Maybe one day.

RobDeBank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex is my fav player and the best all around player in the world but I would like to see Corey win an all around.... I don't know how good he plays banks but he plays the other 2 games real strong.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'd put Shane ahead of Alex and Dennis for MOT.

It will be interesting to see how Shaw does though. Alot can be overcome in these short races by shooting as straigh as he does.
Jason

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
They are both favorites to win the all around. Also the gap between their one pocket games is alot closer now. Im not so sure at this point in time that Alex is the better one pocket player. Dennis has been playing great one pocket as of late.
I am hoping to see an Alex vs. Dennis one pocket match at derby!

They are very close now!

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I am hoping to see an Alex vs. Dennis one pocket match at derby!

They are very close now!

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I agree with this, Best one pocket match I've ever seen was Dennis and Alex at California Billiards last year. After watching them play for several hours, I would say they are dead even. If I recall, Dennis had to double dip Alex for the win and he did, but they were very close matches. One ball either way made the difference