Stan's New Video Part Deux

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NO S^*T!! If you don't think it works, DON"T USE IT. JFC, what is he trying to prove?

If you don't understand then you're not paying attention. Any method has the potential to improve some peoples' games, depending on specifically what is holding them back.

Our debate is more about the claims made by this particular method, and whether those claims are true, or whether they lead unsuspecting new players down the wrong path.

There's about 20 years worth of discussion if you really want to learn more.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NO S^*T!! If you don't think it works, DON"T USE IT. JFC, what is he trying to prove?

He's on a crusade to discredit CTE and Stan Shuffet in particular.

I think he feels that it is his mission in life to protect people from the evils of CTE.

He's been told by the moderators to say his peace and move on, but he keeps posting day after day, week after week, month after month the same stuff.

In any case CTE will never go away, but these sort of people eventually do by either just giving up or getting banned.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our debate is more about the claims made by this particular method, and whether those claims are true, or whether they lead unsuspecting new players down the wrong path.

With all of these unsuspecting new players being harmed by the horrors of CTE, it's odd you haven't started a class-action suit against Stan.

What are you waiting on?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's on a crusade to discredit CTE and Stan Shuffet in particular.

I think he feels that it is his mission in life to protect people from the evils of CTE.

He's been told by the moderators to say his peace and move on, but he keeps posting day after day, week after week, month after month the same stuff.

In any case CTE will never go away, but these sort of people eventually do by either just giving up or getting banned.

That never happened. You are confusing me with someone else. I have been in search of a real answer to a single question, which JB seems to be trying to answer, I think. Not sure what your beef is, but you are confusing me with someone else.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That never happened. You are confusing me with someone else. I have been in search of a real answer to a single question, which JB seems to be trying to answer, I think. Not sure what your beef is, but you are confusing me with someone else.

So you are not the guy who keeps posting day after day, week after week, month after month the same stuff?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny because you seem to post a lot about the same thing day in and day out.

Well then, again, you're not paying attention. John insists on bringing me back into the conversation even when I have not been posting.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
If CTE involves a pivot, with the pivot point being the bridge hand, then the distance between the cue ball and object will affect the accuracy of the system. Drawing examples and working the math out proves that any pivot-type aiming method works only for shots where the object ball is about 2 ft or so from the cue ball. That's with a standard bridge length of about 8 to 10 inches. Balls farther away would require the pivot point to be farther away. A ball 4 or 5 ft from the cue ball would have to be shot with a bridge length nearly 20 inches long. A ball sitting a few inches from the cue ball would need a very short bridge of 2 or 3 inches. If this is how CTE works (pivot across the face of the cue ball) then it has major flaws. Math doesn't lie.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If CTE involves a pivot, with the pivot point being the bridge hand, then the distance between the cue ball and object will affect the accuracy of the system. Drawing examples and working the math out proves that any pivot-type aiming method works only for shots where the object ball is about 2 ft or so from the cue ball. That's with a standard bridge length of about 8 to 10 inches. Balls farther away would require the pivot point to be farther away. A ball 4 or 5 ft from the cue ball would have to be shot with a bridge length nearly 20 inches long. A ball sitting a few inches from the cue ball would need a very short bridge of 2 or 3 inches. If this is how CTE works (pivot across the face of the cue ball) then it has major flaws. Math doesn't lie.

You can rest assured that pivot points are a nonfactor in CTE....CTE is visual and has nothing to do with required manual pivoting of a fixed nature.

Stan Shuffett

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Good to know. I've watched your videos and like your presentations. In one you talk about fractional ball aiming, how it's guess work to figure the angle out. I have a system that illiminates guessing. So you can actually look at the shot and know exactly which fractional hit is needed. Anyway, glad to know the copycats have your system wrong! I watched a guy claiming he was using g CTE, but he'd pivot each shot. Keep up the good fight Stan.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to know. I've watched your videos and like your presentations. In one you talk about fractional ball aiming, how it's guess work to figure the angle out. I have a system that illiminates guessing. So you can actually look at the shot and know exactly which fractional hit is needed. Anyway, glad to know the copycats have your system wrong! I watched a guy claiming he was using g CTE, but he'd pivot each shot. Keep up the good fight Stan.

I don't think you understood what Stan actually stated. He said pivot POINTS have no bearing. He never stated that there is no pivot involved at all. There is a rather large difference. Which has been discussed thoroughly on here in the past. Yet, some still do not understand about the pivot point not mattering because of the way they pivot, and then think all pivots work the same way. They don't. It's not the pivot that matters, it's what one is pivoting to that matters.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks!
Share a video on how you have solved fractional aiming as having no guess work. I can assure you that you will get plenty of feedback. Go for it!

Stan Shuffett

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll have to work on my presentation skills! But I'll give it a shot, literally.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll have to work on my presentation skills! But I'll give it a shot, literally.

Advice that I would give to myself if I had it to do all over again.
I would tell myself not to speak out about CTE till I knew virtually everything about it. I was close in 2010 by a mm or two concerning bridge V but we know about close...only counts in horseshoes and grenades. I have literally been working 7 years to close a mm or so gap in my bridge V knowledge.
I am glad that I had the sticktuitiveness to stay with it but my bottom line suggestion is lay back until you covered all the bases.

Stan Shuffett