Are Predator sponsored pros using the Revo shaft for breaking?

filluptieu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have noticed Carlo Biado, Billy Thorpe and other sponsored pro's using a black shaft for breaking.

I'm assuming its the Revo shaft since these players are Predator sponsored players. My question though is are they using the standard 12.9 Revo shafts or is this a prototype of break cue/shaft that is built for breaking?

Anyone know or close enough to these guys and can ask?

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I heard a rumor - repeat: rumor - that Predator is coming out with a Revo break shaft. If so, I hope soon.

owll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its a break shaft they are testing, i was talking to a predator sales rep other day and he mentioned they have sent some out to pro's for testing. I know a guy that has one, but i havent tried it yet.

i played with a 12.4 revo shaft last week, first time hitting with one.....after just a few minutes, all i could think was 'wow, this is a game changer' (shame they are so expensive, tempted to pony up for one anyway).

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its a break shaft they are testing, i was talking to a predator sales rep other day and he mentioned they have sent some out to pro's for testing. I know a guy that has one, but i havent tried it yet.

i played with a 12.4 revo shaft last week, first time hitting with one.....after just a few minutes, all i could think was 'wow, this is a game changer' (shame they are so expensive, tempted to pony up for one anyway).

My thought was what's so special

owll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My thought was what's so special

line up on shot for a center ball hit, put any english you want on ball, shoot shot completely ignoring squirt, and ball goes in. I think its a game changer. im a 50 year old A player, that has played with schon cues for last 20 years....and im tempted to buy a revo, even with its price. They come out with one that fits a 5/16x14 ill probably buy one (shaft).

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO the Revo shaft currently being used as a break shaft, is a Revo standard shaft with a different tip.Nothing more

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
line up on shot for a center ball hit, put any english you want on ball, shoot shot completely ignoring squirt, and ball goes in. I think its a game changer. im a 50 year old A player, that has played with schon cues for last 20 years....and im tempted to buy a revo, even with its price. They come out with one that fits a 5/16x14 ill probably buy one (shaft).

Depends on the distance between ob and cb.
Speed is also a factor.
No shaft in my opinion is immune.

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karl Boyes was using the break shaft at Derby this year. Also there is a Bonus to Predator sponsored players that win and event playing with a Revo :) That was part of what made Darren happy about taking down the 1 Pocket at SBX

owll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends on the distance between ob and cb.
Speed is also a factor.
No shaft in my opinion is immune.

depends on distance...speed....blah blah blah......have you ever played with one? Whats your skill level? (if you answer that question with an APA number, i wouldnt be surprised)

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
depends on distance...speed....blah blah blah......have you ever played with one? Whats your skill level? (if you answer that question with an APA number, i wouldnt be surprised)

So the only people capable of recognizing squirt and swerve are pro level players? I cant tell how happy I am to learn that I will not be affected by squirt and swerve until I am capable of competing with SVB. Even though I am not an APA sanctioned player I am not a pro so this must apply to me too and any other non-pros I assume.

owll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
na, i just find it irritating when i say REVO's are awesome and a game changer, and some one starts mentioning squirt to me, after i mentioned i was an A player specifically to try to avoid stupid comments like that.

so i addressed my questions to someone who i think is clueless, and quite possibly has never even played with a REVO, and who is also someone i would probably run over playing pool.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
na, i just find it irritating when i say REVO's are awesome and a game changer, and some one starts mentioning squirt to me, after i mentioned i was an A player specifically to try to avoid stupid comments like that.

Totally with you Pal...