Changing the title of a thread?

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i searched the stickys and was unable to find the information. I undersand you should not start a new thread on an item that is already for sale. I have new and better pictures of an item I have for sale. Since the pictures would better present the item, naturally I would like to call attention to the fact that the listing contains new pictures.

I am unable to edit the heading of the thread to do so. What am I missing and how can this be done?

Thanks in advance,
sincerely,
Phil :confused:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I've only been able to do it within less than a minute of posting a thread, seems there is a small window of time

Because it will let you edit it in advanced but it stays to the original like I said after a short period of time

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
i searched the stickys and was unable to find the information. I undersand you should not start a new thread on an item that is already for sale. I have new and better pictures of an item I have for sale. Since the pictures would better present the item, naturally I would like to call attention to the fact that the listing contains new pictures.

I am unable to edit the heading of the thread to do so. What am I missing and how can this be done?

Thanks in advance,
sincerely,
Phil :confused:

Just start a new thread and let the other one die off. Its not like you're selling Meuccis or McDermotts with the stickers still on them, im sure no one would mind and if they do just pass the blame off on me. Personally, I would much rather see what you have for sale represented the way it should be than all these stagnant threads with cues for sale for months and sometimes years from people posting or bumping 10 or 15 threads at once.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't change the title of the thread, only a mod can do that. You can only change the title of individual posts inside of a thread.

Agree, just let the old thread die off and start another one with pics and title etc.

You can't change the title of the thread, only a mod can do that. You can only change the title of individual posts inside of a thread.

Agree, just let the old thread die off and start another one with pics and title etc.

I always wished that the title of a thread could be edited (for many seemingly good reasons), but it has never been possible.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I've only been able to do it within less than a minute of posting a thread, seems there is a small window of time

Because it will let you edit it in advanced but it stays to the original like I said after a short period of time

If there are no replies, you can change the title

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
If there are no replies, you can change the title

It will chamge only when your looking at the thread
From the outside, in the carom section its still the original

You can only do it right after you make the thread, withinless than a minute

Good look in the carom forum under my Xavier gretillat thread

Before clicking its normal, go into the thread ITA changed

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you go into "advanced" when editing, you may be able to change the title of the thread?

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will change there, but outside the thread it will stay the Same

Try it on one of yours

Yes, you are correct, thank you.

When I started a "RIP ChicagoRJ" thread months ago when RJ was banned, Mr. Wilson had to change the thread title.

Turned out that everyone thought RJ was 'tits up six feet under' for real. LOL

Behind the scenes, they all just wanted his Magic Chalk empire. :grin-square: