Houle' Shish Kebob, Visual Version

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The truth is the truth.

One of the reasons this forum was created was because the majority was tired of all the aiming discussions. There was no majority enamoured of the topic of aiming much less any one particular system. And that’s one reason guys came up with stuff like the PIITH “system.” It was blowback from the *majority.*

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=154949

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_q4jEPmHFa8

Lou Figueroa

Just because people don't want to show up in aiming threads and pointlessly bicker doesn't mean they aren't interested n what Stan is doing.

I've always been interested in aiming and yet have very rarely even looked at aiming threads. The only reason I'm posting now is because it's relatively civil in here.

I've also met several people irl that watch stans videos but they never get on Azb and probably aren't even members.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've reported that post to the moderators, we'll see how they respond.

One thing is sure as hell - that post in no way contributes to the aiming conversation, au contraire.

Thank you.

I was hoping they would see it.

That's why I posted it.

tjmc25

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the work Stan. Great info, will be looking forward to the 2nd video.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou -
I have been very civil to you since we met in NJ but you should not consider that an open invitation to piggy back my posts to continue your shit with Stan. Hal was a friend to me which in turn makes me consider Stan a friend. You are someone I spent 10 minutes with talking but in no way do I consider us friends and in no way am I going to allow you to use a post of mine to continue with your petty beef with Stan.
I have to ask. Why do you even look at these threads? They obviously don't interest you and you have zero interest in really trying to learn the system so, other than stirring up shit, what's your purpose? Serious question because I can't for the life of me figure out why you bother other than to try and humiliate Stan and what, make you look smarter? I can tell that for me it has the opposite effect. You don't come across as smarter, you come across as petty and someone who will dig their heels for the sake of digging their heels in.
Like I said, I have remained civil to this point and will continue but not if you feel like you can just continue with this line of crap and especially don't feel like you can use a post of mine to somehow bolster your argument.
Fair enough?
Koop

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou -
I have been very civil to you since we met in NJ but you should not consider that an open invitation to piggy back my posts to continue your shit with Stan. Hal was a friend to me which in turn makes me consider Stan a friend. You are someone I spent 10 minutes with talking but in no way do I consider us friends and in no way am I going to allow you to use a post of mine to continue with your petty beef with Stan.
I have to ask. Why do you even look at these threads? They obviously don't interest you and you have zero interest in really trying to learn the system so, other than stirring up shit, what's your purpose? Serious question because I can't for the life of me figure out why you bother other than to try and humiliate Stan and what, make you look smarter? I can tell that for me it has the opposite effect. You don't come across as smarter, you come across as petty and someone who will dig their heels for the sake of digging their heels in.
Like I said, I have remained civil to this point and will continue but not if you feel like you can just continue with this line of crap and especially don't feel like you can use a post of mine to somehow bolster your argument.

Fair enough?
Koop

Koop, if someone makes a post here, whomever you are, others are entitled to comment. It has nothing to do with knowing or meeting you or anything else.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just because people don't want to show up in aiming threads and pointlessly bicker doesn't mean they aren't interested n what Stan is doing.

I've always been interested in aiming and yet have very rarely even looked at aiming threads. The only reason I'm posting now is because it's relatively civil in here.

I've also met several people irl that watch stans videos but they never get on Azb and probably aren't even members.

oh, I agree on both counts (civil in here?! who'd a thunk). My comment was based on having observed the discussion on this topic for years and years. Like I said, one of the reasons we're all here way in the back is because the majority don't care about all the aiming stuff and wanted it removed from the main forum.

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
oh, I agree on both counts (civil in here?! who'd a thunk). My comment was based on having observed

Observed is completely inaccurate. You're like the ultimate PYROMANIAC who purposely comes in every aiming thread over the last 20 years and "innocently" creates a spark. Then starts fanning it to produce a small flame. Ultimately the flame spreads into a giant forest fire which can only be put out by the mods deleting the entire thread. Your history is archived forever.

the discussion on this topic for years and years. Like I said, one of the reasons we're all here way in the back is because the majority don't care about all the aiming stuff and wanted it removed from the main forum.

Lou Figueroa

Like you said is wrong! As long as you're around to start crap just like here and a flame war breaks out, nobody wants to be around and you aren't happy until it occurs. It doesn't have to do with aiming itself.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Koop, if someone makes a post here, whomever you are, others are entitled to comment. It has nothing to do with knowing or meeting you or anything else.

Lou Figueroa

You're right, you are entitled, even if it's in bad taste and the original poster asked nicely that you wouldn't.
Yes, you do have a beef with Stan. Why you won’t admit it is beyond me but you do. I don’t care that you do, that’s your business. All I was asking, politely, was that you don’t include me or anything I write to bolster that. Not quite sure how I threw in with the others when I all I did was explain my stance and ask you to leave me out of it. There were no merits to debate from my point of view. It’s not debatable because I referred to “silent”, which I still believe to be true. If it’s not, so be it. I completely stayed out of all of this until you decided it was ok to quote me.
Where you’re wrong is, you assume because I wrote what I wrote that I was teaming up against you. Not true and strange to me you read it that way. I thought what I wrote was polite and succinct. Just leave me and what I write out. In all honesty, while you seem to think you’re above the fray, you’re more to blame than almost anyone for the animosity in these threads. Stepping back and going through these threads it’s apparent that you either jump in and pounce when you feel the time is right or wait for someone else to start and you come in to add fuel to the fire.
You were a pretty decent guy in person but whatever happens behind the keyboard has me right back to where I was before I met you. I’m also surprised but if you’re asking me to choose sides, I side with Hal and Stan all day everyday.
I don't ignore people but if you feel need then, by all means, place me on ignore as well.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right, you are entitled, even if it's in bad taste and the original poster asked nicely that you wouldn't.
Yes, you do have a beef with Stan. Why you won’t admit it is beyond me but you do. I don’t care that you do, that’s your business. All I was asking, politely, was that you don’t include me or anything I write to bolster that. Not quite sure how I threw in with the others when I all I did was explain my stance and ask you to leave me out of it. There were no merits to debate from my point of view. It’s not debatable because I referred to “silent”, which I still believe to be true. If it’s not, so be it. I completely stayed out of all of this until you decided it was ok to quote me.
Where you’re wrong is, you assume because I wrote what I wrote that I was teaming up against you. Not true and strange to me you read it that way. I thought what I wrote was polite and succinct. Just leave me and what I write out. In all honesty, while you seem to think you’re above the fray, you’re more to blame than almost anyone for the animosity in these threads. Stepping back and going through these threads it’s apparent that you either jump in and pounce when you feel the time is right or wait for someone else to start and you come in to add fuel to the fire.
You were a pretty decent guy in person but whatever happens behind the keyboard has me right back to where I was before I met you. I’m also surprised but if you’re asking me to choose sides, I side with Hal and Stan all day everyday.
I don't ignore people but if you feel need then, by all means, place me on ignore as well.

I have no idea how you're mistakenly reading all this stuff into what I posted.

Contrary to your opinion I have no beef with Stan. My initial response to your silent majority post was an honest opinion based upon what I've observed while following aiming discussions for 20 years. You didn't throw in with the others in your original post, which was polite. It was the false accusation in your follow up (and this post) that I took/take issue with. Certainly, if you're going to claim a "silent Majority" exists you should have *something* to explain why you feel they exist, no? My observation has been to the contrary and I said that in a polite, civil way and without all the personal bashing you have done in your last two posts.

Lou Figueroa

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not going back and forth with you, Lou.
My request was a simple one and you have somehow turned it into this. Was it asking too much to ask that you not quote and include me in any of this?
Seemed fairly simple to me. Or do you just like arguing on the internet and I've given you someone else to argue with?

Most of these are rhetorical.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not going back and forth with you, Lou.
My request was a simple one and you have somehow turned it into this. Was it asking too much to ask that you not quote and include me in any of this?
Seemed fairly simple to me. Or do you just like arguing on the internet and I've given you someone else to argue with?

Most of these are rhetorical.

If you do not wish a back and forth you could try a PM -- which is what I tried with you -- and instead you chose to respond here. You could also, as I politely suggested, put me on Ignore. But you're here talking to me, making unfounded accusations and personal attacks which almost anyone would feel compelled to respond to. Were the personal attacks rhetorical too?

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you do not wish a back and forth you could try a PM -- which is what I tried with you -- and instead you chose to respond here. You could also, as I politely suggested, put me on Ignore. But you're here talking to me, making unfounded accusations which almost anyone would feel compelled to respond to. What's a girl to do?

Lou Figueroa

I don't wish to PM with you. You quoted a post of mine here, in public and I've asked you not to. I explained that I don't ignore anyone and you can feel free if you'd like.

The girl should have just said, no problem Koop, I won't quote you in any of these threads anymore and all would have been good in the world. Again, apparently you don't have that in you to apologize and move on. You feel the need to get into pissing contests with everyone and anyone who disagrees with you.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't wish to PM with you. You quoted a post of mine here, in public and I've asked you not to. I explained that I don't ignore anyone and you can feel free if you'd like.

The girl should have just said, no problem Koop, I won't quote you in any of these threads anymore and all would have been good in the world. Again, apparently you don't have that in you to apologize and move on. You feel the need to get into pissing contests with everyone and anyone who disagrees with you.

This is a discussion forum.

If you post something here you should be prepared to politely discuss it or what's the point? And if you don't want someone to quote you, don't post or put that individual on Ignore.

Lou Figueroa
oops
quoted him again

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a discussion forum.

If you post something here you should be prepared to politely discuss it or what's the point? And if you don't want someone to quote you, don't post or put that individual on Ignore.

Lou Figueroa
oops
quoted him again

LOL...you're like a jaded school girl, Lou. Seriously, someone makes a request of you and this is how you act? Are you a retired AF colonel or a 12 year old in moms basement?

Oops, thought Lou was a mature adult.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL...you're like a jaded school girl, Lou. Seriously, someone makes a request of you and this is how you act? Are you a retired AF colonel or a 12 year old in moms basement?

Oops, thought Lou was a mature adult.

ah, more personal insults. How about engaging in a polite discussion on aiming?

Lou Figueroa

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, again Stan for,posting this. I finally got to a pool table yesterday to try it and it is killer on a bar table. I don't think I quite understand the correct perceptions but when it snaps into place it feels right and the balls find the center of the pocket.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, again Stan for,posting this. I finally got to a pool table yesterday to try it and it is killer on a bar table. I don't think I quite understand the correct perceptions but when it snaps into place it feels right and the balls find the center of the pocket.

You are welcome!

Concerning the perceptions for this line alignment system, all that you need to do is turn your nose to always be slightly to the inside of the cue ball center. In others words, your alignment is to the inside of center cue ball. That's where you see your center to center, center to quarter and center to edge from.

Stan Shuffett