Beware of Royce827

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Sounds like it was more the agreeing to 450, then pulling back to 400, then refusing to pay for shipping, and then on top of that not paying the fees properly.

Of course the seller could have just said not after the 450 didn’t work out. But I get that after things pile up, you decide it’s not something you want to deal with.

OP says it took days for refund, and seller claims he refunded it ASAP. The whole thing sounds like a mess.

I have issued full and partial refunds thru paypal. It can take time to show up on the other end. Sometimes days. I send the transaction number to calm the impatient ones down.

Sometimes you cannot make somebody happy no matter the honesty, effort and cash back.

This whole thread does sound a mess,
But an eye opener, nonetheless.

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
Sounds like it was more the agreeing to 450, then pulling back to 400, then refusing to pay for shipping, and then on top of that not paying the fees properly.

Of course the seller could have just said not after the 450 didn’t work out. But I get that after things pile up, you decide it’s not something you want to deal with.

OP says it took days for refund, and seller claims he refunded it ASAP. The whole thing sounds like a mess.

I’ve never heard of agreeing to a price and the buyer sends less money? That sounds kinda fishy to me and it seems like the OP is right.

Last edited:

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve never heard of agreeing to a price and the buyer sends less money? That sounds kinda fishy to me and it seems like the OP is right.

I think it was more of agreeing on a price and then the guy coming back and renegotiating before he sent the money. Though I’m not sure.

Either way is suspect, but renegotiating is much better than just sending less.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I'm pissed because I asked You two days in a row why the cue was still being advertised and listed on eBay and FB. When I finally asked again you texted me back saying F off and being incredibly rude.

Fact- we agreed on a price and I paid you.
Fact- you lied about shipping the cue while soliciting other offers trying to get more
Fact- you were called out by others who you've done the same thing to... it's just not good business.

Ideaologost- if I want to buy Scruggs cues I should be allowed to and me offering less than what someone is asking doesn't make me a bad person, I have a fine reputation- I've never sold anyone anything that's counterfeit or even been accused of that. Heck, every item I list people offer me less than my asking price. It doesn't make me a bad person whatsoever.

I sent you the PM about the "bet" however you decided to read and not respond, so I'm not sure what your beef is here. I've never met you at had any interaction with you. I've been very clear with every transaction, item and post I've made sir so I'd appreciate you laying off me since none of this has literally anything to do with you.

I was giving everyone a heads up as to the business practice of this person and I added the thread on Facebook in the group and several people claimed this person did the same thing to them.

Mr. Denton - if you read our text history carefully you'll see that my purchase years ago was a huge lot of completed cues, not butts or anything unfinished so please do not lie. I've spent about 4K with you this year and was going to spend more however we couldn't make an agreement. One of the cues I got from you was altered and Pete (at my cost) was able to fix it back to normal.

That's all I have. God bless l!!

What's your return policy? The case you lied about being Lizard Leather is back for sale:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463558

For the record everyone, there is no such thing as an It's George Five case, the V means Vinyl

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems the OP wants people to butt out after he made this a public issue.

To the OP: You made it public. So we will comment.

I have been watching several ongoing strange issues.

1) Listings of "for sale" items that are strange
2) Listings of "wanted" items that are strange
3) A posted cue inviting comment that is strange
4) This thread
5) Questions and comments about cues that indicate less knowledge than one might expect from somebody buying and selling cues. Seriously. You give the impression that you either do not know your gig or that you are misleading people.

Ideologist has pointed out a couple of valid issues. You don't like it and ask him to butt out.

I have not seen you effectively respond to or explain any of the issues I have observed or that have been brought up.

To put it mildly you have raised suspicions among people that know cues, some of whom are very well known and of some established reputation. And not all of them have chosen to comment.

How you deal with this will determine the outcome. There are several examples of people that have dealt poorly with such issues, some dealers, some cue makers, some otherwise. There are also examples of people that have dealt with it well. It is up to you to choose which group you belong to.

To be frank, so far what I am seeing are bonehead maneuvers on your part.

Of course it was, but the poster is sour because he has an interest in questionable deals with Scruggs cues. He could swap a delrin buttcap back on here and rewrap, sell as all original for far more.

That is not the point though. Why are people going off topic on here? The point is that a deal was made for the purchase of the cue, and the seller was dishonest about shipping it (apparently). What the buyer would have done with the cue (after he received it) is a completely different topic. Why do people always go off topic in a discussion thread?

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is not the point though. Why are people going off topic on here? The point is that a deal was made for the purchase of the cue, and the seller was dishonest about shipping it (apparently). What the buyer would have done with the cue (after he received it) is a completely different topic. Why do people always go off topic in a discussion thread?

The point is there are quite a few red flags in the OPs prior dealings which may mean he’s not telling the whole story.

The seller refuted all of the accusations, so it’s a he said/he said issue. Not sure where your “apparently” statement comes from unless you didn’t read the whole thread.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think you are not following what is going on here. There is a bigger picture.

My thoughts exactly. And take that with what I posted in his other thread about the questionable rainbow cue. That he told me he has like 30 unfinished raw Scruggs sneaky blank butts. And started a thread awhile back wanting only Scruggs true sneaky shafts. It's pretty obvious what he is doing. Turning old Scruggs sneaky butt blanks he owns ( not finished). into supposed original sneaky peters. That are counterfeit

Not if he was to advertise them the correct way (saying that they were Scruggs blanks with an original Scruggs shaft added). It would only be counterfeit if he were to add a TS to the butt, right?

Cue ended twice and I did not receive payment. 610 and 620. Hence, why my eBay rating is still a perfect 100%. The supposed buyer Mr.McCormick, since he likes to put out my personal information was upset that I refunded his money and kept the cue. You ask why would I do that. Simple, he offered me $450 and the later decided he could only do $400. I asked him to cover shipping which he refused. He said he would cover fees and still came in a little light. I received 399.75. Once I saw the PayPal amount received I refunded his money. He was upset and went to OBM where he began slandering my name. Many people who have done trades and business with me alerted me to it. I was defended by Joey Painter there. If you know anything or anyone about from the Facebook groups you will know Joey Painter. Once Joey made him feel idiotic over there he returned here to slander me some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, being shorted 25 cents was really a deal breaker? Hard to believe that. He should have paid you the full $450 though, if that was the original offer. Did you eventually agree to sell for $400 shipped, if he covered the paypal fee though? I can only assume that he would have been willing to paypal you the extra 25 cents that you were short changed on (in order to get the cue shipped out), lol. Are people in this world really that cheap? Wow.

The person you should be weary of his him. I will continue to do good business the way I usually do. Frankenscruggs so to speak is still in my possession. It was verified to be legitimate my Eric Scheilch, Mike Webb, and Bob Frey. When I told McCormick that he told me those guys don’t know anything about Scruggs cues that he was a cue maker, I ruptured my spleen laughing at that, who knew more about Scruggs cues then they did. I received the cue this way so to say the cue was broken and repaired I’m not 100% certain. The one thing I can attest to is that the logo was checked and the cue was found to be a legitimate Scruggs.

The cue sounds really interesting. Maybe something I would be interested in. I love vintage unknown mystery cues.

Ribdoner - McCormick is from Florida. He owns a business down there. He used his business account to pay me the 399.75. One would assume $450 would be a small sum for someone who owns a business but I guess his character is probably affecting that as well

I do not know, but I imagine that it was just a very slight miscalculation in the 3% that paypal charges. Probably an honest error, that could have been fixed by just asking him to send you another dollar or whatever, if need be. Very hard to believe that 25 cents was a deal breaker though.

I'm pissed because I asked You two days in a row why the cue was still being advertised and listed on eBay and FB. When I finally asked again you texted me back saying F off and being incredibly rude.

Fact- we agreed on a price and I paid you.
Fact- you lied about shipping the cue while soliciting other offers trying to get more
Fact- you were called out by others who you've done the same thing to... it's just not good business.

Ideaologost- if I want to buy Scruggs cues I should be allowed to and me offering less than what someone is asking doesn't make me a bad person, I have a fine reputation- I've never sold anyone anything that's counterfeit or even been accused of that. Heck, every item I list people offer me less than my asking price. It doesn't make me a bad person whatsoever.

I sent you the PM about the "bet" however you decided to read and not respond, so I'm not sure what your beef is here. I've never met you at had any interaction with you. I've been very clear with every transaction, item and post I've made sir so I'd appreciate you laying off me since none of this has literally anything to do with you.

I was giving everyone a heads up as to the business practice of this person and I added the thread on Facebook in the group and several people claimed this person did the same thing to them.

Mr. Denton - if you read our text history carefully you'll see that my purchase years ago was a huge lot of completed cues, not butts or anything unfinished so please do not lie. I've spent about 4K with you this year and was going to spend more however we couldn't make an agreement. One of the cues I got from you was altered and Pete (at my cost) was able to fix it back to normal.

That's all I have. God bless l!!

I would be really pissed too, if someone did that to me (and all over being shorted 25 cents? / which was probably an honest miscalculation, of the price including the 3% paypal fee). And then he lied about shipping the cues? That is just horrible, and unbelievable that 25 cents was really the deal breaker.

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I wonder if the OP had any regrets opening this can o' worms.

Well big daddy nightcrawler just popped up.

Where's my Orville Redenbacher?